Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #46  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

hi y'all! I'm just checking in. I'm tired from a looooong grueling workout today so I am keeping it short. Worked out for 4 hours today (3 hrs 35 mins of cardio and 25 mins strength training)

good job rosebud on the 7 lbs! Stellar!

everyone keep up the good work!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

NELLY ~ I'm so glad that you have finally found a plan that suits you better. I understand about their idea of not weighing too often -- a doctor suggested that to me once, and it works for me too. At that time, I weighed only every 3 weeks (when I was younger); but now I only weigh about every 7-9 weeks. I find this works better for me as I am losing slower now that I am older, and this way I always lose something -- and that is very encouraging as you know.

By all means, feel free to share some ideas or tips from your new plan; we may find them helpful too.

Well, Mrs & Mrs. Clause were here today and left some packages early for us; aka -- my DAD & SM. They are on their way home today, but stopped by and dropped off a care package for us; may GOD bless them on their trip home and for their generosity too (they always do this). I think they want to make sure we have lots of food in our pantry, although we showed it to them when they were here. They asked me if I was trying to lose weight on purpose and were concerned I wasn't getting enuff to eat becuz my face was so much thinner since they last saw me. That's cute ...

We have lovely weather here today; and I was out this AM and picked a bag of green beans to go in the freezer. I think I'll get one more picking off them yet. My cherry tomatoes are still going strong; and my DAD was quite impressed with them, so I think he will be buying hanging cherry tomato plants next year too (I know I will be).

Thanks for your support & encouragement; it's very appreciated! Have a great week everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I enjoy all the weight loss tips anyone wants to share. I am a daily weigher but I am aware of the fluctuations that can and do occur.
Rosebud you have done a fantastic job 110 pounds is an incredible feat. Congratulations ! And a big thank you for all you share with us especially prayer requests..
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #49  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Another weigh in day and I'm down another pound. Slow and steady! I do get a bit concerned that it will be more difficult to lose the last few pounds once I get there. I am starting to exercise more now and that should definitely help. I don't remember if I have mentioned it here but I use MyFitness Pal and that has helped me tremendously. I don't record my food daily but if I notice I'm not losing I'll record what I eat to see where I'm slipping up.

I am also one who weighs myself each morning but also know that it can fluctuate. I record the loss weekly and measure myself monthly. I'm excited to see how many inches I've lost come the beginning of September.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Wilma, good job on the weight loss .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #51  
Rosebud

WILMA ~ congrats on another lb! That's great!

BARGOO ~ yes, like WILMA, some people can weigh themselves every day and the constant fluctuations don't bother them, and that 's wonderful -- but as you know, we are all different. While I KNOW that WL isn't linear, and that I will have ups & downs becuz of water-weight fluctuations (and mine can go as high as 5 lbs), I just do better focusing on other NSV's more.

I am the type of person who thrives on the positives in the process. In the past, I never weighed myself constantly, and it works for me; but as you know, I did weigh myself so many times a year and at the doctors to keep track of how much I weighed. It was disheartening to see I had gained so much back over & over again, so I went back to my old strategies and they have been working for me.

I now know what went wrong -- too much stress, pain, disappointment, and emotional-response eating which GOD has helped me overcome; and I am so very grateful for that. I no longer turn to food when I am hurt, upset, or bored, and that is a huge WL victory for me. I know that we all understand that we all need to do what works best for each one of us.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:29 AM   #52  
Laura

Smile

hi y'all. how's everyone? my back is hurt but otherwise I'm ok. Managing to keep up with my workouts in a lighter, low-impact way. Tomorrow I'm excited about my weigh-in because it will let me see where I stand with my August goal. The deadline to get below 300 lbs is this Sunday. Last time I weighed I had 3 lbs to go and I only have 3 days left now. So I'd luv to step on the scale and see that I'm close enough to do it in the time allotted!

hope everyone is doing well. I'll check in tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #53  
Rosebud

LAURA ~ I have no doubt that you will make that milestone, but please take it easy on your back. I noticed that you did 4 hours of exercise the other day; I'm sure you will still lose at a goodly pace without risking injuries. I'd bet that 1-2 hours would be more than enuff; and you may even see the scales come down faster.

While "some" exercise can help you lose a bit more (like WILMA has found by slowly increasing hers over time), going overboard can have the opposite effect. I have seen this happen becuz the body can hold water after a lot of exercise too. This past winter, I did less exercise than other winters but I lost more weight -- very interesting, eh? Just something to ponder, and ^prayers^ are going up for your back, dear ...
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 PM   #54  
Laura

Smile

thanks rosebud! I am resting lots I promise. And alternating between heating pad/ice. Ironically, I didn't hurt myself exercising. I just bent the wrong way picking up a rubberband off the floor and re-aggrivated an old injury. To make matters even more FRUSTRATING, I can do things like the elliptical with virtually no pain, yet I can't walk upright for even 3 or 4 steps without lotsa pain. I'm walking all hunched over like I'm 100 yrs old and I can barely use the bathroom properly yet doing the stationary bike brings no pain whatsoever. I've found the longer I sit or lay down the tighter and more painful it gets. ugh. The two things that bring the greatest relief is water aerobics and yoga, both of which I can't wait to go to tomorrow.

Back when I originally got this injury I was in physical therapy and he made me walk on the treadmill even though it hurt. And he made me do it for 10 mins at a time. I remember crying through about 7 mins of it each session. He said I had to be "Marine tough." Today I did 1 min of 1.0 mph on the treadmill followed by 30 secs of 1.5 mph and then repeated it. That 3 mins was all I could do without pushing it too far but I'll do at least 3 more mins tomorrow. Maybe 5 mins if I can. But standing straight and walking is by far the most painful thing for me right now.

That being said, I did do 2 hrs of low impact cardio today. Without pain. 35 mins water aerobics (followed by 15 mins soaking in the hot tub. Luv those jets on my back.) 45 mins elliptical, 25 mins cycling, 20 mins cross trainer, 3 mins slow walking.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:06 PM   #55  
Rosebud

Quote:
I just bent the wrong way picking up a rubberband off the floor and re-aggravated an old injury.

LAURA ~ Oh gee, I have done the exact same thing more than once; the last time was bending over to pick up a bread bag clip. SQUAT, SQUAT, SQUAT ... I had to remind myself to squat the next time. I had been in the habit of it and forgot. Now I am squatting again, and you know -- that's good for your legs why preserving your back at the same time!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-31-2012 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #56  
Laura

Yep, you are 100% right Rosebud. If I could've gone back in time and been more careful I know WHAT to do, the trick is to ACTUALLY do it. I was being careless and rushing to get to my water aerobics class and dropped my hair band on the floor and just reached down quickly to get it. Dumb move and 4 days later I'm still paying for it.

Food and exercise went good today. I really wanted to do 10 mins on the treadmill to help with the back pain because I know that's what I had to do in PT when this old injury was fresh. I could only do 3 mins yesterday so I got smart and decided to do 3 different sessions of 3 mins 20 secs. I got the 10 mins total done but not all at once. Oh and thank goodness for yoga today. It didn't cure my back pain but it did help all my other pains from walking cock-eyed for 4 days. I was have knee and hip pain and a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades from walking crooked. Yoga helped a lot.

I hope everyone has a good holiday weekend!