Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #31  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DENISE ~ that book is rather new, but you are welcome to start a thread up, if you wish to ...
Old 07-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #32  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I posted the new pictures here ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-brag-lol.html
Old 07-24-2011, 06:18 PM   #33  
Denise

S/C/G: 255.8

Height: 5' 9.5"

I had borrowed the book but did not have it long before she asked for it back to read during a vacation. Now I have it on a list to order with the church library order.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #34  
Rosebud

Well, we had a great day today; the weather was really nice this AM -- much cooler. We went and signed the last papers for our house today. Now, there's just one more week of waiting for the rest of the legal stuff to be finished -- the house is fully ours by noon, a week from today!

YAHOO, BABY!!!

Then, my SIL will be helping us paint the first week of August -- that should be fun; it shouldn't take too long though. Eating has been good this week too; staying on plan well. My back is feeling much better today, so thanks to anyone who prayed about that for me. I have most of the packing done already, so I am going to rest up well this week.

We went over to inspect the house yesterday and discovered that we have 2 big patches of Rhubarb of our own now; isn't that nice? GOD just keeps on surprising me more & more! "Delight yourself in the LORD, and HE will give you the desires of your heart" Psalm 37:4

GARY ~ very nice baptism picture of your grand-daughter & family; she can't help but be a beauty with such good-looking parents ...

Hope everyone here is well; have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #35  
~Star~

S/C/G: 236.4/~ticker~/150

Height: 5'6"

Gary - unfortunately I can't view pictures at work, so will have to wait til I get home tonight to look. I am sure that it was wonderful though!

Rosebud - Wow, only 1 more week! How awesome! We STILL have not finished our move-in painting at our place and have been there since January, LOL! Hubster and I just have not had time at the start, and now not doing it until we are consistently under 100 degrees outside cause it just hates to dry in that heat, even with the a/c. As far as the rhubarb surprise... total score! I haven't had rhubarb since I moved out of Maine, my grandmother had a patch, as did my uncle...so I always had some when it was in season So glad to hear your back is better too!!!

This week has been scheduling crazy for us; getting the kiddos squared away to start their new schools and fitting in as many of the medical appointments before it does as we can. The open house/meet the teachers for the youngest is Aug 3rd with a start date of Aug 8th. Many schools in the area started this past Monday, but I am grateful for the extra time to get organized. It hasn't been hectic enough to take me off my plan with food and exercise though, so yay!
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #36  
Rosebud

Well, DH & I have been paint hunting the last 2 days; and we saved some big money on sales too, plus we were given a free $30.00 gift card as well. Today, we picked up some stain for the front deck and saved $$$ on that as well; now, we should be set for the painting next week. We have a plan that DH will do the top, me the middle, and SIL the bottom -- or something like that, so I won't hurt my back again.

My SIL said she was impressed with our house -- how it has a lot of unique features compared to some of the new houses that are just very plain, yet ask for 4 x times as much. She said that she was looking at some new houses that seemed very plain to her for such high prices. I have always thought that older homes seem to have a personality of their own; and it is obvious that someone had put a lot of time and money into it. My parents always bought older homes with lots of character, so that didn't phase us at all.

DH can spend his spare time doing little fix ups here and there; and that will give him a second hobby to work on now. He is very excited about it. His memory was giving him some problem today; so I keep praying for him to be more patient with himself.

I was reading a devotional just today about asking GOD for more patience, and invariably when you do, you end up with issues that call for more patience ... eeks. It is true what they say ... be careful what you ask for!

The temps have turned again this week, so we have been having late afternoon & evening siestas here. We found another surprise & blessing at our new house yesterday -- it's cooler than this place (we are sure that it is becuz it is finished with brick on 4 sides, which is keeping it cooler).

I got lots of walking in yesterday; and today, I helped DH sort & pack some of his stuff -- exercise is exercise. Hope you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... Rosebud

PS ~ here's a picture of our house in the winter; it's nicer now in the summer with lots of flowers in the front (last picture). The other one is the jacuzzi tub in the main floor bathroom, and two views of the kitchen cupboards (there's lots of them). I could only put 5 pics in this post ...

our house (2).jpgbathroom.jpg Kitchen 1.jpgKitchen 2.jpgsummerview3.JPG

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-29-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:12 PM   #37  
~Star~

Rosebud - I have to say that is the cutest house! It looks so pretty that it's like a doll house! My DH also likes the fact since we bought our house that he has little "projects" to do again. I will hope your DH memory doesn't push his frustration button too badly
Old 07-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, love your house and am totally jealous of all those kitchen cabinets.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #39  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

Taking a few minutes to check in before Angie and I watch that GRANDdaughter of ours tonight...

boy date night sure has changed since she was born....and I am not complaining!

We will run out and pick up a pizza then toss together a quick antipasto salad here at home. We will then eat between play time and holding/rocking the kid.

ROSEBUD LOVE! The pictures, I know how special this is for you both...we have been together a long time

ITSMYTURN I am well aware of that heat! I lived in Yuma as a child 3 different times, although the last time was about 47 years ago when I was 10. We bounced back and forth from there and San Diego when my dad got out of the Navy and into construction. We visited often though as we had relatives there, I also had a friend in Phoenix I would see from time to time. I do remember getting out of school a few times 'cause it was so hot and in the summer taking naps in the day time then playing outside until way late in the evening.

Well GALS ~ I will see you this week-end with any news that comes my way...also check out the poem I posted in THOUGHT FOR TODAY, it's way cool!

Prayers ~ Gary
Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #40  
Rosebud

STAR ~ yes, it does kinda look like a little doll house; but it looks smaller than it is (it is long in length; 37' plus two 8-10 feet porches, front & back). It's a cute, little bungalow. The front isn't that fancy but the flowers in the brick garden really brighten it up in the summertime. That porch is quite nice with the black steel posts, and I have a black cast aluminum Stanley Park bench that will look lovely on the left side of the porch.

BARGOO ~ yes, all those cupboards are just one of the reasons I loved it -- here, I only have a few on one wall; and there are cupboards on three walls of this kitchen (and they were hand-built of solid wood, which is rare today). There is another secret door on the 4th wall that you cannot see, which opens up and reveals a built-in ironing board, but we are going to change that to a spice cupboard instead. That wall is covered in mirrors with gold swirls -- and it's quite pretty.

That bathroom is awesome; the pictures just don't do this house justice. That jacuzzi tub takes up half the room; and the sink is a large Victorian style with a matching toilet. The whole room is blue with some mirrors, tiles, and lovely pewter decals. The window is a thick etched glass of starbursts -- hard to describe, but so beautiful.

There are just so many little touches to appreciate; like hand-carved bon-hommes (or clowns) into a solid wood wall over the back closet. Frosted glass hanging light in the bathroom, etc. We hope to add a few more unique touches to the place ourselves. The basement has a large rec-room, another 2 piece washroom, and a laundry room with more cupboards. We hope to add a small storage room & workshop room for DH to play in.

Even if it is an inconspicuous-looking little dollhouse, we know that the inside has lots of charm -- I loved it from first sight, and it had what we needed on our list too. I really love the trees -- a large pine tree at the front & fur trees in the back, and two kinds of Lilac bushes, front & back; plus the peony bushes, the Lilies, the Rhubarb patches, and climbing vines, and some other big flowers (I don't know their names yet), etc. And, of course, the price was right too!

GARY ~ you posted while I was typing. Yes, you do know how much this house means to us -- it is a big, dream for us ... over 20 years! We Praise GOD daily for this awesome blessing!!!

Our day started out really hot, but then a nice storm rolled in and cooled us down -- and I mean literally cuz I went out onto the porch and stood right in the rain. Our dear NIKO has learned how to open the front door and has been playing a game called "IN & OUT" today -- the only thing is that he can't get back in and then barks if it rains or he hears thunder -- the little rascal only wants to stay out for a few minutes at a time.

This a long holiday weekend here in Canada, so the stores were really busy today despite the heat. Thank goodness, it is much cooler now. Hope you all have great weekend too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-29-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 PM   #41  
Rosebud

STAR ~ My DH was diagnosed 20 years ago with a "Cognitive Development Disorder" called Asberger's Syndrome; and has always had a memory & learning challenge, but now that he is in his sixties, it getting much worse.

It calls for a lot of patience on my part (to put it mildly) and yes, he does get very frustrated. We have good days & bad days, like yesterday. It is so hard to explain to people what goes on here on a daily basis -- he forgets, then gets upset at himself, and at me, and at life. I try to calm him and help him as much as I can. He loses things all the time, but he doesn't remember touching them in the first place (denying it), and can't recall his steps; sooo, I search for them ... every day -- I pray and my Angels help me.

The hardest part is trust & acceptance; he has to trust me explicitly, and it's hard for him to accept how often and how much he forgets. Yesterday, he filled the car trunk twice and had to empty it twice, becuz he couldn't remember that it needed to be empty to go shopping this morning. You tell him something and within a minute, he forgets what you said. He can't remember people's names or where they live; he can't remember them at all unless he sees them regularly. You tell him a joke and he forgets it minutes later -- that is, if he even gets the punch line in the first place.

It's a complicated brain disorder with multi-symptoms; and there are so many more that it would take pages to explain them all. Actually, he is doing well considering; he is a high-functioning Autistic person. He taught himself to read comic books, but other academics faltered becuz he couldn't grasp the spelling & writing skills well enuff.

He was great at mechanics and woodworking, and can do lots of little Mr. Fix-it things around the house, but you need to have lots of patience with him. He goes at his own pace; and, he often has to do something more than once to get it done right. He makes lots of mistakes and often needs guidance even if he doesn't want it (pride causes a problem here).

DH & I don't argue about ourselves -- ALL of our little spats (as rare as they are) are always regarding his challenge, in some way or another. He argues with me, even when he is wrong; and it embarrasses him just how often he is mistaken. I have to remind him all the time that we are on the same side -- the same team. I have to remind him about "appropriateness" -- as he gets the "silly-willies" at the most inopportune times.

Mostly, I try to focus on the positive; and we are winning. I am a social worker with experience working with people with all kinds of challenges -- so I can now see why GOD brought us together. DH has some wonderful qualities too -- he helps me in ways that many men don't or won't help their wives. I care for him and he cares for me. We help each other. We actually compliment each other; having opposite gifts & talents -- I can see GOD involved there.

So I pray a lot, trust me; becuz some days are very hard on me. It's so sad to watch this happen to your spouse every day, and then be the brunt of his frustration and anger. Then others tease him or make fun of him, and that hurts him ... and me indirectly, becuz he's my spouse.

We do have our challenges: mine are more physical and his are cognitive, but we are both just doing the best we can. So if you want to, please do pray for us -- becuz we can sure use it & appreciate it too. Thanks ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-29-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
..... Then others tease him or make fun of him, and that hurts him ... and me indirectly, becuz he's my spouse.
No dear...that would be directly...since God made you one!

and as always my prayers
Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BARGOO!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 AM   #44  
~Star~

Rosebud - The house doesn't look small... I meant dollhouse more like cause it's so adorable with So much character, and so many things that already make it feel, even in pictures, like a warm and wonderful place!

I have no personal experience with Aspbergers and can hear how it hurts you (agree with Gary that it's directly, not indirectly) and will for sure send you prayers. I do understand how tiring a constant battle can be though, and for that, I pray to give you strength (both of you) to help keep ya going. The challenges we face our not in me or DH though, they are with our children. Out of the 3, 2 of them face very tough challenges physically and mentally... our son is the one we worry more for - as he is 17 and we are struggling to get services in place so he can be an independent adult as he wishes to be. It sounds like God choose you for him and him for you!!!! No mistaking that one bit! With or without struggles, you sound as though you are so very much in love and know the Source of that happiness.... as you have your spouse, your house... people sometimes roll their eyes when I say "If you have faith, He will provide"... but it's so true. It's just hard cause it's on His time and not ours.. sometimes hard to understand in the moment. Hope you aren't wearing yourself out too much with all that needs doing!

Gary - Watching the grandbaby must sure keep you busy! What a blessing to have her close enough to have that time though! Enjoy the night!!!

Bargoo - Happiest of Birthdays to you
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, praying for you and DH.
Closed Thread