Old 03-01-2011, 10:45 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Wink Christian Encouragers ~ March

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #2  
Rosebud

WELCOME ~ to the new MARCH Christian Encourager's Chat Thread; glad that you could join us over here ... have a great March, and stay warm ...

----------------------------------------------------

(Thought I'd move today's post over here from the old thread too)

We have a blizzard ***** storm on the rage here right now; started just before dinner, but the winds started around noon -- that was a sign of things to come. Everybody is home and keeping safe & warm tonight. Had a good day; resting my knee well.

Had a 6" bunwich & soup for lunch; chicken & roasted veggies for dinner; a good day on plan. Yesterday wasn't so good, so I had a very light dinner to make up for that and it worked out well for me. Back on target after that and for today as well. Yeah!

It's time for some TEA! Have a Wonderful Wednesday everyone; hello to all our MIA's -- hope you and yours are well; take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-01-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning everyone.....Welcome Meghan......Today is the second day of week 2 on the South Beach Diet and I weighed myself this morning and I have put 2 pounds back on. I have been following this eating plan to a T, with the exception of the 6 lemon cookies on day 3 of week one. Not very encouraging to say the least. But I will continue on..........

I do have to say that I am very proud of myself tho...Yesterday we had food day here at work to celebrate birthday's. ALOT of wonderful smelling food!!! One of the girls brought in Krispy Kreme Donuts, which by the way it my weakness, I could eat a whole box by myself, but I didn't even eat one. They all had to go downstairs for training and I was up here by myself for over an hour and I did not leave my desk and walk over there. Not that I didn't think about it mind you, I kept asking myself, "Who would know?" Then I thought, I would know, the Lord would know and those two people are the two most important people and I would let both of them down if I went over there. So everytime I thought about it, I would pray. I made it thru the day!!!!

Now, if I could just get up the strength and energy to exercsie I think I would be doing alot better. It's not that I don't like to exercise, I love to, I just like sitting aroung more. And I really need to change my attitude on that.

Today I am having:
(B) 2 mini quiches with canadian bacon
(S) Celery with Laughing Cow Cheese
(L) Green Salad w/ 3 Bean salad on it...Sugar Free Jello
(S) String cheese
(D) Baked Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and Sauteed Cabbage
And to drink all day...WATER, WATER, WATER and more WATER

Last edited by rissimo; 03-02-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: correcting spelling
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome Meghan and good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #5  
Rosebud

MEGHAN ~ looks like you have a little baby with you in your Avatar; glad you found us over here. Does your church have a special health program going on there?

I was just sharing in another thread here on this forum (the 16 y/o Angel one) about a daily devotional I read recently that talked about CHOOSING A MORE EXCELLENT WAY ... (Romans 2:18 & Philip 1:10: "approve the things that are more excellent"), so I am asking myself this question now ...

Is this THE MOST EXCELLENT CHOICE for optimum health?

If I had asked myself that the other day at the store, I would have passed up on the bag of salty, crunchy, carby munchies, I think; it was a smaller bag of baked crisps, but later on, I realized that they had too many calories for a snack and too much salt -- so lesson learned, and on we go from here ...

MARISSA ~ I agree -- good for you for making the MORE EXCELLENT CHOICE to avoid all those donuts a la creme; all that sugar is not good for us. The problem isn't having one, but can we stop at one? Sometimes, I do allow myself one of something (about once a month), but I have to choose carefully since it is only one serving of something.

That's the lesson about choices that I am learning; to choose ONE SERVING of something. I was able to rectify the situation this time by eating a very small, light dinner and skipped my evening snack that day too. Next time, I hope to make the MORE EXCELLENT CHOICE and say PASS ...

Well, that storm passed through and we have had lovely all day long. I put the leftover chicken in my crockpot with some veggies & small new potatoes, so we are having a kind of stew for dinner tonight; boy, it smells good in here.

Have a wonderful day friends ... Rosebud
Old 03-04-2011, 06:26 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Ladies....home for the week-end...I will catch up

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-04-2011 at 06:26 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #7  
Rosebud

HI GARY ~ have a restful weekend ...

We had lots of this week; very spoiled. Today was fairly mild for March at about 0 C or 32 F. We had some ***** during the night; but not too much. Just stayed home this week and let DH do all the errands; my knee seems to be getting better with each passing day.

I just finished another book called "TISHA" (which was a nickname for "teacher") about a brave young teacher who went to teach up in Alaska in 1927. A true story about all the adventures she encountered there; it was a very intriguing story -- loved it.

We had baked fish and chips (I had a few sweet potato fries) with coleslaw and sliced tomatoes tonight; it was a quick & easy thing to have on a Friday night. Did well for the rest of this week eating and living healthy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 03-04-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello Everyone. Well I have survived another day on this diet. I have to say that ever since I have started it I have not had one problem with my acid reflux.

I just got home for the best concerts....Winter Jam. I really enjoyed it. If it comes anywhere near any of you, you should really go. It was so AWESOME!!!!
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 07:15 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well I am having a nice day home Angie and I were not able to walk to Starbucks this morning as she had to sub at the yoga studio but we still got in a nice 3 mile walk in the neighborhood with the mutts. A glorious morning! we are having wonderful weather here In fact we are going to church tonight so we can take the dogs to the beach tomorrow for a 4 mile walk then breakfast at the beach cafe...if the rain expected tomorrow afternoon holds out

Being out of town sure makes for a short week-end though...got home just in time to shower then go do date night at a new neighborhood bar and grill that opened up...loved it! I think it will become our new "burger" joint when we go out for burgers Then a weeks worth of drywall laundry, vacuum, loading up gear for next week.....goes fast. I was able to take a short nap while Angie did some sewing after bell choir practice at church and yoga at the studio.

We will do some shopping at the produce market after church tonight then maybe a Costco run tomorrow after the beach...maybe I will be home in time for a little NASCAR and basketball

So good to see MARISSA and MEGHAN joining us

Well I will try and check in tomorrow before I head back to 90210 for the week
Old 03-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

Well Angie and I did get to the beach this morning for our walk with the mutts then tried a new beach cafe that was really great! A vegan type place...with dairy and meat options...a little pricey but we knew that going in. We sat outside of course since we had the dogs...the waitresses just loved them of course! Got our 4 miles in and a healthy breakfast!

Went to Costco where we ran into my sister and niece just coming from church, they said we were lucky to have gone to church Saturday night since the morning service was Lutheran Schools Week stuff...a lot of children singing and presenting...always a fun time but it can be long! Then my son called and said the same thing!...lol...Hard for Lutherans to sit for 1.5 hours! Angie and I were out in 59 min. on Saturday night!!! So blessed to be there....also re-saw the sermon on Facebook this afternoon.

Have a great week ladies...I will be gone for the entire week more than likely...but you never know...sometimes I just sneak on home...ha-ha..

Be good, Gary
Old 03-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone! I just got through with Dog & Cat day at our store. Rabies drive ect.... Today went to Johnson City to our Aunt in the nursing home and she is not doing good at all. It might of been our last talk she is in bad shape. Still leading with the ministry and everyone is doing good so proud of them. We need rain again seems like for the past 6 years we have been dry and things are getting bad around here Nursing Homes just closing no warning. Seems like they could of known what was fixing to happen. Gas is almost 4.00 around here 3.50 for regular. Prices are getting so high it is unreal, feed has almost gone up 3.00 a bag some more. Sounds like we are all going to have to tighten our belts this year.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #12  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Sorry for the longer-than-usual absence. The last time that I was online was last Thursday. I'd just come home from work early after fainting while getting my annual lupus blood draw -- 14 vials, taken one at a time with much wiggling of the catheter and loud exclamations of confusion by the facility's phlebotomists who'd never seen such a test panel before. I made it home, checked my e-mail, then headed for the bathroom. There were a bunch of water company guys down at the end of the road, poking around in a manhole.

A few minutes later, I felt a hot wind on my sensitive areas, and stood up a split second before a fiery explosion blew the commode right off its moorings! I was knocked into the wall, broke the towel rack with my back, got chemical and flame burns on my face, and received a mild concussion.

I eventually roused myself enough to call my husband, who found me down at the bottom of the road, wearing a bag of frozen veggies on my head and screeching at the water company executive who had just arrived on the scene.

We were told that we would be reimbursed for the ER and a night's stay at a motel, and that employees would repair our bathroom and the pipes leading to our fixtures on the next morning. Neither of which actually happened. After spending all day Friday walking down to the Exxon station to use the facilities, I finally drove to the hardware store, bought a new wax seal for the commode, borrowed my friend's plumbing snake, and made enough repairs to hold us for the weekend. We still haven't seen the promised repairmen, and the supervisor isn't returning our calls about the financial issues.

Anyways, it was business as usual at church and chaplaincies on Sunday; I look like a lobster, and I walk funny (I have reinjured an old vertebral fracture from my girly football days), but I'm still getting 'er done. We survived The Great Sewer Explosion of 2011 -- and we weren't the only ones who came home that night to a bathroom in ruins. I'm seriously thinking about making T-shirts for all the neighbors.

And I am probably taking things to an unnecessary extreme -- but I made a point of staying on the WW program and my church's partial fasting regimen (21 days without desserts and meats) during the event and its aftermath, even while the water and cooking gas had been shut off at our end of the road.

I hadn't lost a lot of weight in the week before -- I think that my body had adjusted to the diet and the fasting. But neither did I have to get back on the "horse" after my most excellent adventures. It's easier to stay in the saddle than to mount up again after falling off the horse.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:22 PM   #13  

Good Grief Charlie Brown! Auntie I thought I was the only one things unusual happened too but you take the cake . It is a wonder you wasn't killed! So glad kept you safe but you do need to get yourself to a doctor if you have not already!
Old 03-07-2011, 07:59 PM   #14  
Rosebud

AUNTY ~ that sure was an adventure; but most excellent, I'm not sure. We are very glad you are OK. I agree that you should get yourself checked out to be on the safe side. Sending up prayers that you will heal up quickly with no lasting scars or damage.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ nice to hear from you again; glad all is going well with the animals and your counselling. Our gas has been going up too; we are at $6.45 a gallon right now (today is $1.29 a liter/5 liters in an US gallon). Our feed is much higher here, but then most everything is in Canada.

GARY ~ glad you had some fun down time this weekend even if it was busy one; have a great workweek ...

We have been blessed with lovely for a few days now; the temps are a bit colder at night and you can feel it, but it is supposed to warm up as the week goes on. My left knee is feeling better each day -- am starting to use the canes for a little while each day to do some walking around here, then go back to the crutches for the evening to rest them.

Doing some reading & puzzles at night to pass the time; we had a nice leaner prime rib roast with lots of veggies yesterday and today. Hope you all have a wonderful week with not too many unexpected adventures .... Rosebud
Old 03-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #15  

Rosebud 6.45 a gallon why these old Texans would just have a hootin fit if gas gets that high! No one could afford a job unless they could walk to it! You live in the snow and you pay such high prices just to live, I honestly don't see how you do it!
My husband loves puzzles crosswords that is, never me I like to whittle and work with my animals. I think I am going to buy some more stuff up ,just in case we really get into bad times. So glad your knee is somewhat better but we want to hear it is all better soon praying for you Rosebud.

Last edited by Bootsie; 03-07-2011 at 08:10 PM.