Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Thank You Trish and so glad your back. I have not been on here as much as i would like but things will start to slow down now for me some. I too sure hope Rosebud gets that computer soon, to think I used to want to shoot this computer when I got it now if I lost it look how many friends would go with it!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Joanne, praying for you at this time , that you will have peace and that you will stay strong. praying for your son that he will get the desire to get away from drugs whether he is dealing or using. Praying that he will learn to trust God and learn he can have a better life.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:58 AM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi Gals

Gosh, I am so sorry for never finding time to post here much lately With that new GRANDbaby and all this work out of town I am just not home much. I do read here though every time I come home and I do have good intentions to come back and most but...well.....anyway here I am this morning!

I was gone all week again but am having a great week-end so far. Friday afternoon when I got home I stopped by my son's and dil's house to drop off my bil...my sister was visiting the baby and she had his truck...anyway I was able to hold her for a few hours before I went home...which is just 1.5 miles away.

THEN Angie and I went back over for our date night, taking take-out, and giving my dil a chance to do some grocery shopping. My son was coaching the high school track team at a night meet. So I was able to spen a few more hours with the little one... She is 5 weeks old now and really getting cute

Spent yesterday morning on a 4 mile walk at the beach then breakfast at the cafe with Angie and the golden's, Reba and Rylee ...awesome morning

I will return soon....time to throw the dogs in on Angie
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #34  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

consider the dogs thrown.....

Boy did they bolt out of there crates it was potty time!

After the beach Angie and I went to a new Christian bookstore near us, nice to have it, it is run by a Calvary Chapel church. So many of those stores have closed down with the economy and online purchases. Nice to have a place to go and browse the WORD

After that we did a Costco run....OUCH!!! But we are good for a lot of stuff for quite a while...thank goodness

As we got home to unload I got a call from my daughter asking why I hadn't been up to see my granddaughter...she was visiting my dil for the day along with one of my nieces, it was my dil's ....I told her I didn't want to barge in on their party and was just shopping, vacuuming, and running errands.....they told me to get up there they were expecting me to show up today

So, Angie and I ended the afternoon with a nice visit with my daughter, dil, niece and my dil's grandparents who showed up after we got there...I got to hold the little one again

After church this morning Angie and I are actually meeting my daughter/sil and son/dil/baby at my daughter's house in San Diego then we are going over to a huge art walk in Little Italy...should be a lot of fun.

Then back to out of town tomorrow...sure feel blessed t have work in this economy but I really could use a break of working near my house...I really do like my home better than a company apartment or hotel! But, it is the life I choose

JOANNE ~ Prayers for your son and your family Although it has been over 20 years, my family traveled that road with the drug abuse with my brothers, they weren't dealing but using. My one brother has been clean and sober now 22 years thank you Salvation Army! And my little brother has passed over 10 years ago...he had kicked the drugs for almost 10 years but had returned to the alcohol...his issue was more of damage done to his heart from his drug abuse. It is a very difficult road to be on with loved ones...I was an "enabler" but was also pretty young and didn't understand the "hold" the drugs had on them at the time....I do not blame myself in any way for their lives either....

ROSEBUD ~ I hope you get your PC up and running! I also hope the weather is treating you well and that "lot time' is just around the corner

BOOTSIE ~ I am sure that extra weight overnight was due more to water and sodium. I hope those fires are all under control, I assume they are as there has not been any mention of it here on our news as it was for a few days.

TRISH ~ good to have you back visiting!

BARGOO ~

Hello to all MIA's!

Well Ladies...off to get ready for church, Angie needs me to set up a table in the patio area for sign-ups this morning...Be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:23 PM   #35  

The fire is now 74% contained. At last count, 310,995 acres have burned. New ones have popped up all over only 2 counties in Texas have not had a fire break out I heard this morning from a fire fighter. He had just been to San Angelo fighting a large fire. It is really odd to me anyway, that so many fires are breaking out everywhere, no one seems to know how most of them are starting.

I have lost that extra baggage now working on the 35 pounds needing to loose!

Last edited by Bootsie; 05-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Thanks for the welcome back.

Gary CONGRATULATIONS on that Grandaughter. I always said that I loved being a Mother, but being a Grandmother is fabulous. I'm going in a few weeks to see my 2 little Great Grandaughters and very much looking forward to spending time with them. They are 8 and 3 yrs old. I sure miss not getting to be with them more often. Glad you are blessed to have work even if it is out of town, but I know you would love to be closer to home especially at this time with the new Grandaughter. Have a safe trip to job and a safe return.

Bootsie You know I realized when I read what Gary wrote you about it not being weight gain. My last doctor's visit I had what looked like a 2 lb gain. When I mentioned it to the doc, he said "I'm not worried about 2 lbs. That could be caused by anything... sodium or you didn't go to the bathroom before". I think we get so scale focused that we forget that we aren't really gaining weight. Glad you lost the gain and headed back down.

Bargoo, Joanne, Rosebud and Everyone else reading

Have a blessed day!!!
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #37  

Your right Trish on the weight gain, it just freaked me out when I stepped on the scales and it was up 5 pounds. I know that my body does that a-lot but still it really gets to me.
I love being a Grandma too! We are going to Marfa to see my Grandson graduate and my heart is jumping up and down I am so excited to see them . It has been a year seems like and I miss my 5 grandchildren so much! Those of you that are so near your grandchildren write down all those special moments you have had with them and give it to them when you pass on. I just got a book out where I did that and one part Stormy was 3 and he was getting scared because of the wind blowing so hard and I told him yeah it is a wonder the wind don't blow a cat through the air it is blowing so hard! I had down that he looked at me and grinned and said Nanny.... I looked out the window and I said ,Stormy there goes a cat through the air! I had down and he just laughed and laughed. Now Stormy is 18 years old but I still have precious memorries of him when he was a baby.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #38  
Walking by faith

Smile Thank You!

Thank you all so much for your prayers & support! My son stopped in yesterday just long enough to collect the things he'd left with us. We know that one of the bags had a portable scale . I believe the County Sheriff is looking for him, but they've got to catch him red-handed. My husband and I have been praying "whatever it takes" for years now! He needs to have a "pig pen experience" like the Prodigal Son in order for God to turn his life around!

Gary: You don't love that baby too much ! Enjoy your blessing.

Bootsie: I understand what a struggle it is to keep the weight off. God knows your need, and He knows how to help you!

Rosebud: I'm physically challenged..don't get out of the house without my DH to help me My PC is my lifeline to the outside world. I'd miss it so much! I hope you get your PC up and running soon.

Praying for a great week for everyone!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:53 PM   #39  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

STOP!!! PLEASE DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE ... becuz I started the new MAY chat thread, so come on over and join us there -- thanks!

JOANNE ~ I remember you well; and I responded to your last post in the new May thread too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 05-01-2011 at 10:54 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote