Old 07-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 260/229/200

Height: 5'4"

CONGRATS EZ!! YAY GOD!

Hi everyone! I posted this same post in the "Obstacles" forum, then found some brothers and sisters in Christ here in this forum and am soooo so excited to have found 2 wonderful, comfortable places for support! I hope that I can give as much as I'm sure I'll receive

Here's a bit about me.. I was diagnosed years ago with spino-cerebellar ataxia, which is very similar to MS (my mom has MS). I walk with a walker, and I can't write anymore, so I type everything, and I wear coke-bottle glasses because I have double-vision that's gotten progressively worse. I have managed to get back into my previous prescription of glasses though, after doing some eye excercises that have helped I tire very easily, and when I'm tired, my balance is almost non-existant. Eating low-carb, taking my vitamins and staying away from sugar help my mental clarity as well as my balance *helps a LOT*, and I've found that my emotional state has *everything* to do with my physical state, so I try to keep grounded in His Word and in prayer. God could heal me in a second if he wanted to, so there's a real reason and a purpose for me! He is using me always. I have been doing South Beach since the end of March and have lost 27 pounds. I exercise by walking on my treadmill every morning for 15 minutes...every little bit helps huh? Hubby and I just bought a popup trailer, so we will be 'camping fools' very soon! I'm just a little excited! I hope not to the point of being annoying

I can't wait to get to know you, ladies (& gentlemen)! It's really comforting to have found a group with a common faith and motivation for our weight loss!

Deb
Bows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #62  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: Started SB 12/18/09 334/-/?

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!
I'm really glad to find this thread and hope to get to know all of you.
OnaMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #63  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

ONAMI ~ glad you joined us in our daily chat thread; lots of great people here so I know you'll like it here.

DEB ~ glad that you found us over here too; yes, I answered your post over in the obstacles forum as well.

GARY ~ Congrats to you and your family; I won't give it away ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-24-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

YEAH-HA! GARY!

OnaMi & Bows! Love this group!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:44 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bows View Post
..... I'm just a little excited! I hope not to the point of being annoying

THAT'S WHAT WE LOOK FOR HERE!!

I can't wait to get to know you, ladies (& gentlemen)! It's really comforting to have found a group with a common faith and motivation for our weight loss!

Deb

We are glad you found us

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnaMi View Post
Hi everyone!
I'm really glad to find this thread and hope to get to know all of you.
WELCOME!

OK LADIES ~ I am short on time tonight. My daughter stopped by to say hello and left 2 hours later yay for the time with her! I promise to catch up tomorrow after church...Angie plays bells at both services so I will go to the first one...then we will go to a cafe during Sunday school and I will come home while she goes back for second service.

Thanks so much for the GRANDBABY congratulations! Everyone knows now!! keep those prayers coming that all goes well...

In Christ ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:51 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I am still here, but mostly as a lurker.

Gary Congratulations! I loved being a Mom, but I have to tell you that there is nothing like being a Grandparent. Will keep all of you in my prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby.

Blessings to all of y'all.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 260/229/200

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

It amazes me how God works Please keep my son in prayer for his job interview today. It's at the prison, so my mama-heart is having a lil bit of a rough time with that, but he needs to move on from the job he has now.

Eating obediently sure puts a new and different spin on dieting and getting healthy, and I pray for all of you that you'd find strength and perserverence from the Lord as you continue on this journey.

Deb
Bows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #68  
One Day At A Time

Thanks for the welcome Rosebud,Bootsie,and EZM

Today is a beautiful day that the Lord has made and I'm gonna been happy and I'm thankful for the 1 lb i lost last week. I'm trying not to let bad thoughts creepy in my mind.I'm focused and know that I've been on plan and exercising and In time everything will work out.

Debs May God protect your Son glad food is not controlling you anymore

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-26-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #69  
Rosebud

ONAMI ~ Congrats on that one pound; every bit counts. I'm waiting til the beginning of August to weigh myself; have been keeping on plan, so I hope to see some downward movement again this month (2 lbs last month).

I know how you feel; I think that's YKW trying to discourage us; but WE ARE VICTORS and OVERCOMERS, aren't we??? When the neggies plague me (have been lots lately; and I don't know why, except that I must be doing something RIGHT ... ) -- I start singing praise songs out loud, and reciting praise Psalms like #145; and that takes it away every time. Try it, you'll be amazed ...

This is the strategy that I believe the LORD gave me to deal with emotional issues in my life, so that I can be truly free to soar like an eagle ... I know emotions were leading to eating things that weren't good for me. Now I have learned this was the strategy of YKW to keep me from succeeding and thinking badly of myself, I have found new tools and strategies of my own -- like singing, praise, reciting scriptures, reading Psalms & other positive verses, memorizing positive verse, writing songs & poems, and journalling.

I think this was a huge breakthrough for me. I did a study on "the value of PRAISE" and found that this was a gift to us from GOD, to be used as a tool to comfort us, to teach us, to heal us, and to help us in our daily walk with Him. GOD didn't ask us to praise Him becuz He's conceited, or just becuz we know that He deserves it; but becuz we need it to bless our lives.

As I was sharing in another thread -- I had lots of emotional issues to deal with while trying to heal my eating issues; actually, it was my emotional issues that led me to eat incorrectly in the first place (plus social conditioning and a lack of knowledge too). Now I know how unhealthy some foods are for MY body (ie sugar, salt, simple starches), I can mindfully, make better choices. The only clincher for me was the emotional factor, which is what I am working on right now.

Here are my personal issues -- 1) emotional upset from the past & present 2) hurt feelings 3) being embarrassed or made fun of 4) being criticized by others 5) feeling unloved & unappreciated & perceptions of same 6) feeling judged 7) boredom.

Sooo ... these are my list of new strategies to deal with the list above -- PRAISE, FORGIVENESS, HEALING, LOVE, PRAYER, GRACE, and CHARITY (serving others).

We are having a one here today; so we are staying indoors and catching up on stuff like laundry and such (I'm doing bedding today and hanging them up all over the place). Thought I'd come in here and take a peak in between loads; ya, I'm a multi-tasking kind of gal ...

Have a great day everyone ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-26-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:35 PM   #70  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI LADIES ~

Well I was off work today...still slow...but should be going strong for several months by the end of the week. I really was enjoying the slow time...still working but having short days and days off while Angie was home for the summer from teaching. Although she still finds ways to get off and teach yoga at church and the studio...is it my breath?

She had bells for both services yesterday so we went to breakfast at the French bakery between services. I just love their ratatouille

My son and dil joined us at service as well as my sister. My daughter came up Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours...great to see her.

Thanks for all the wishes on becoming a grandpa around the end of next March, Lord willing. I am so excited...keep those prayers coming

Angie is repainting some of the walls in the bedroom and re-doing the curtains and bedspread/pillows and stuff. I just say "I love it" and keep on smiling Doesn't matter to me anyway. I can't recall a summer since we have been married, almost 16 years, that she hasn't painted something or refinished a cabinet or dresser. The great thing about it is that she is good at it! She takes her time and knows her stuff!

We have been getting a lot of walks in at the beach and to Starbucks with me being off/slow a lot the last 6 weeks. I am going to miss that once I start the BMW dealership this week....it will be one of those 200 mile round trip commutes on the busy freeway.....aaarrrggghhh.....really takes a lot out of me these days! These 56 year old bones don't like that drive after a hard day....seems like as soon as I get home it's time to eat, go to bed and get up again!

Thank you Lord Jesus that I have work and can pay my bills!

Sometimes I forget how lucky I am

ROSEBUD great new strategies! I forgot to mention I will be getting a colonoscopy too But doc says it will be the last one for 10 years...so at my age...my past...I'm thinking it will be for sure the LAST ONE

OnaMi on that one pound....

DEB prayers for your son in his interview and prayers for your comfort

TRISH glad you are at least still lurking

MATILDA ~ BOOTSIE ~ KATHY ~ BARGOO ~ KAREN and EVERYONE
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Trying to kick start my new attitude here....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post3405089
Old 07-26-2010, 09:08 PM   #72  
Rosebud

THANKS, GARY ~ those are my new spiritual strategies; I also have some good practical ones like making better choices (eating lots of veggies, salads, and soups; and doing my exercises, activities, and walking too).

BTW ~ I answered your other thread; go see ...

DEB ~ yes, sent up prayers for your son and you; we must trust the LORD that he will look after him at work too.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-26-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 252.2/226.8/140

Height: 5' 3"

JustWant2BHealthy - I really enjoyed your post and how you use praise to ward off the emotional eating. If you don't mind I would like to borrow your strategies. I too am an emotional eater and it is hard to get past that, but what better way to do in then praising the Lord.

Gary - Congratulations on soon being a Grandpa. I pray all goes well with Mommy and baby.

Last week was such a crazy week. I'm so glad that I am now on vacation as of today. I am so ready for this time off with my husband and kids. Tomorrow we are headed to NY for a couple days to Darien Lake Resort. They have a amusement and water park for the kids and a huge lake and paths that you can walk around the lake and the campground. We are renting an RV there so I'll be taking our breakfast and lunches with us and then eating out for dinner.

I will be taking my camp chair and books down to the lake to relax and read. Oh, man I can hardly wait. Can you tell I'm anxious?!!!

I trust you all have a good week. I won't be back on here until Saturday.

Take care,

Kathy
O2Bthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #74  
One Day At A Time

Thanks Rosebud I liked your post. I'm gonna Bookmark it I have a lot of quotes people have said that i refer back to when i need to be renew my mind for motivation,Yours a keeper too

EZ Thanks Keep thinking positive thoughts,pray about it and your attitude will get stronger Your a good husband to just agree with your wife.Man..a walk on the beach sounds nice,I love the Beach,early in the morning. It's a good place to pray and mediate,When it's not so hot out.Yes,praise God any how about your job Soon to be a GP ay... that's nice

Have a wonderful time Kathy The amusement park sounds nice.Have a safe trip

I've been on line on and off all day and just now seen this thread I guess i need to look more closely or something.

Have a good evening everyone

Last edited by OnaMi; 07-27-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #75  
Rosebud

THANKS LADIES (Onami & Kathy) ~ glad you like them; I really find they are helping me a lot. I don't mind at all if you use them; by all means, please do ... That is really why I shared them, in hopes that they may help others as much as they are helping me.

Whenever I was upset about something or with someone, I would invariably find myself wandering to the kitchen or to the fridge to eat something. So, I prayed about this a lot -- what could I do to heal those hurts instead of eating to console myself? (BTW, I really believe that we may have been conditioned to use food for consolation when we were young.)

Over time, I really believe the LORD showed me these strategies, and I started practicing them. It does take some practice, but after a short while, it starts to become second-nature; and the Holy Spirit will automatically bring them to your mind and thoughts. It's like the memory verses -- whenever you need them, the Holy Spirit brings them to mind.

I was reading how JESUS answered every temptation with scripture. That gave me another idea. If JESUS used scripture verse to combat temptation, then so should we. I memorize short positive verses which makes it easier, saying the book, chapter & verse numbers before & after the scripture.

FORGIVENESS ~ is an amazing healing tool. This one is a choice; and it will help you heal your hurts (esp from others). You kinda "fake it until you feel it" -- the important thing is to make the choice to forgive; you don't have to feel it. I just say out loud -- I choose to forgive so and so; and then ask GOD to forgive them too.

PRAYER ~ BUT, I don't stop there ... I also ask Him to "BLESS THEM" (JESUS said this remember?) I PRAY that the LORD will bless that person who hurt me in whatever way they need, so that they won't feel the need to do that anymore -- ie if they are tired, to give them rest; if they are worried, give them peace; if they are envious, fill their needs abundantly; and so forth.

LOVE ~ then after forgiving that person, I am nice to them anyways; that's the LOVE that JESUS commanded us to have for others. We need to realize that HURT PEOPLE -- HURT PEOPLE ... meaning people often hurt people becuz they are hurting in some way themselves. This doesn't excuse them by any means, it just helps us understand why they are doing it.

GRACE ~ This is also helping me with anxiety and trust issues as well; the praise helps me to keep my focus on GOD, and on JESUS when I need peace and calm (like when we are sick, for instance). I also practice forgiving myself and remind myself that I am now under GRACE and this gives me peace and hope. When I have hope and peace, my joy abounds so that healing can take place too.

PRAISE ~ incorporates thankfulness and gratefulness, all in one. It shows GOD that you appreciate all that He has done for you in your life. When we thank Him and praise Him, it lifts OUR spirits and fills US with JOY! WOW, we praise GOD and WE get JOY!

HEALING ~ I also pray for healing from any hurts from my past and/or present, so that I may be free from that bondage (no sadness, bitterness, resentment, or residue anger). This frees us and others to be at peace.

CHARITY ~ there is nothing better than serving others to heal us and get our minds on something outside ourselves so that we can heal. It is a kind of distraction that has many benefits for us and others. We not only help others, but we will earn rewards for ourselves (like rebuilding our confidence and satisfaction in accomplishing things).

Sooo ... in a nutshell, that is the explanation behind these Spiritual Strategies; and I am thrilled if they can help anyone as much as they are helping me.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-27-2010 at 10:46 PM.