Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I love this group already.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #62  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYBODY ~ gee, not too busy here this weekend; you'd think it was Christmas or something ... I suppose this means that you are all busy, and healthy, and happy, and working hard, and did I say busy?

Drop by the PRAYER WARRIOR's thread for an update and praise report from me too ... (I will keep you in suspence; haha)

Well, the temps dropped a bit last night (-10C) but warmed up today a little, hence perfect conditions for some ***** to fall. We also had some ~~~~~ and blowing ***** for several hours this afternoon & evening, so it's really starting to pile up out there; and there will be lots of work for the snow-fairies for tomorrow too!

I just stayed home today; DH did some errands for me, picking up some fresh veggies for my dinner and soups. I made a chicken noodle-type soup with my veggies soup base today for lunch.

Tonight, I baked some chicken breasts for me, and some boneless, pork centers for DH with lots of roasted veggies. The rest has been put into a casserole for tomorrow night's dinner; I added some frozen broccoli and it will have some cream of mushroom soup poured over it just before baking for
our Sunday dinner. I put 2 containers of the leftovers roasted veggies/broth in the freezer for soups this coming week.

I just finished my last book this week (WHEN GOD SENDS AN ANGEL); and read another historical period romance as well this weekend, finishing it off this afternoon ... love those kinds of stories. They are about people's lives in different historical times: this one was set in the 1700's in the US -- about the time of that nations fight to keep their country; fighting off the British, it seems; but they always have good endings, and I love that ...

Well, that's all the news from here; hope you all have a peaceful and restful and blessed Sunday tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-16-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:56 PM   #63  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I will catch up tomorrow...I promise!!!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:09 AM   #64  

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Somehow, I just don't think that GOD is gonna meet us at the pearly gates, and say ... even though I knew you -- you're fat, so you can't come in
Justwant2Bhealthy, This is just so right! I am going to try to find When God Sends an Angel at the library. It looks like an inspirational book.

It is so nice to find this group and meet everyone. Hello to all and prayers for each of you.

Yesterday I took the kids on a hike. We got lost and it took an hour longer than expected and we were late for dinner which made everyone fussy especially the hungry baby. When we got home, my neighbor who is one of the finest Christian women I've ever met, was on her way out. She set her stuff down on the way to the car and helped get the kids inside and feed. It just shows the Holy Spirit lives inside us. I am praying to be more like my neighbor.
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #65  
Rosebud

HI LIZ ~ glad you joined us over here; that was a kind of neighbour Angel you have right next door. I've been there -- in a new city and got lost for hours one time on a very hot day; I was so upset, I started crying as I was carrying a suitcase and a duffle bag and had wandered over 6 miles the wrong way ... then GOD sent 2 ladies my way, and they told me how to get where I was supposed to be (I ended up walking the whole way). I couldn't believe those Angel guides were way out there ... but I was sure glad they were!

That book called "When GOD Sends an Angel" is full of real-life stories told by real people how Angels came into their lives and helped them when they needed them: mostly they were other people, and a few animals too. The contributors were the authors of the stories, but Publications International Ltd, 7373 North Cicero Avenue, in Lincolnwood, Illinois, 60712 published the book in 2002. I loved it -- these wonderful stories show how we can all be Angels for each other, just like your neighbour was for you ...

HI to all our other CE'ers out there; hope you are all having a blessed day ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-19-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I been out an about this week end to a hardware show. I went back on my atkins diet because I was so hungry all the time. On it I am not hungry. Have lost 1.5 pounds so far. Also found an internet web site to it free. Learning some new tricks on it in eating. Had rib eye and chili with cheese last night. The hardware show gave us all free supper and dinner! No dessert or none of that Bread. We ate at the road house, crazy everyone is waiting for a table and sitting around eating peanuts! Throwing the shells on the floor! The food is always great though!
Been working in the garden today, have enjoyed that. my friend has had heart surgury and she is not doing to good at all. Please pray for her. her first name is Maxine.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Well I am finally checking back in

I have had a busy week with work and week-end with fun and football

Well heck...those Chargers lost today, their season is over, so it looks like the cheer leading career of my daughter in law is over She is not going out for the team next year (as of now) and is planning grand kids

Angie and I had a lazy and busy week-end with dinner out, shopping, walks with the dogs, church and chores. We are expecting the worst rain in 10 years here next week...every day through Saturday...and I have about a 75 mile each way commute on the Los Angeles freeways...oh my

Pray for me and my two passengers...brother and bil

Service was great as usual. Pastor was able to bring the fun and joy of the football season (He is a Viking fan and most here are Chargers fans) together with the sadness of what happened in Haiti this week....and how God is in control of our lives....we can't predict the future.

Just as we can't predict who shows up here...can we....

We have lost many in the past months and yet we continue to grow with new kids Welcome LIZ

Are you close to Sequim LoveBirdsFlying?

Angie needs some things from me...gotta go....be back soon...

Prayers ~ Gary
Old 01-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #68  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Folks. I'm Rhonda. I recognize some or your "faces." I usually post over in the 100lb club because....well....I have over a 100lbs to lose! I've been on a hiatus from 3FC and weight loss and concentrating on my spiritual health. I'm glad to say that I'm doing better spiritually than I have in a long time. I guess you can say that I've decided to walk in God's plan and not my own. Our family recently joined a church and we are loving the worship, the service to the community and the fellowship! We have not been in church with any consistency for about 10 years. Paul (my hubby) and I just began participating with a small married couple's prayer and Bible study group nd I'm joining a women's Bible study group this Thursday. And, I've just begun memorizing Bible verses. If you get a chance, read Dr. Gary Smalley's book, "Change Your Heart, Change Your Mind." Such a practical book that really spoke to me. Anyways.....I guess you can say that we've jumped back into living a Christian life with both feet!

Unfortunately, I've been neglecting my health. I've been eating like garbage....sugar, take-out, regular sodas. And, I've gained back a lot of weight. Physically, I feel rotten and I don't even want to think about getting any kind of bloodwork these days. I can only imagine my cholesterol levels! My "fat" clothes are getting too snug. And, I don't believe that this is how God expects me to treat this body. So, I'm back on-plan. And, I'd like to start posting here in addition to posting with my 100lb buds. I'd love the opportunity to support and encourage each of you and I definitely need your support and encouragement. This weight loss stuff can be tough!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-18-2010 at 12:27 PM.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:02 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Rhonda, Welcome! This is a great place to be. Yes it is a job itself to lose weight but the benefits are priceless when you loose and the christian friendship and support on here is priceless too!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #70  

Height: 5'5.5"

Hi Rhonda. I recognize you from the 100lbs club! Glad you are working on adding your physical health to your spiritual health and it's wonderful that you are doing so well spiritually.

My prayer for today has been "God give me patients."
LizR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:18 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi Gals ~

welcome Rhonda....

raining cats and dogs here...my two golden retrievers are loving it...oh that wet dog smell though.....

c-ya all tomorrow

Prayers for all concerns ~ Gary
Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #72  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly-in to let you know all is well here in MI. Crazy work schedule, crazy church schedule, crazy social and family schedule - so no time for my online friends as of late

You all continue to be in my prayers however! Great to see some new folk, and blessings and thanks go out to our faithful folk that are so encouraging and helpful!

I'm hoping that this schedule lets up soon so I can get back in my "groove".

Until then, I will check in when I can. May God's grace and peace and strength and wisdom and patience and love be with each of you.

Prayers ascending for all!

Blessings

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #73  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a frosty morning here today. The hoar frost is covering the trees with a nice white coating. Really pretty!

I've been doing really well lately. I determined to exercise every day if even for just a few minutes. I'm not noticing any difference yet but am happy that I'm at least doing something.

Not much else is happening around here. DH is back to work and is happy to be doing something again. We don't know when his next surgery will be but it'll be this spring sometime.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and to let you all know that you're in my prayers!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #74  
Rosebud

BACK, RHONDA ~ I like coming to this site, as it is a gentle reminder to stay on my journey back to good health and wellness.

We awoke to glorious today; it was so warm and lovely that it almost felt like summertime sitting there by our front window on my rocker whilst doing my morning devotions ... it was so peaceful and serene!

Just catching up on my laundry & housechores today; DH did some running around for me this AM -- what a blessing that is. Keepin' on plan this week. We're having turkey leg with roasted veggies for dinner tonight: yummy!

Hope you all have a lovely evening; and a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-19-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #75  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Mrs. Brady & Rhonda! Glad to have you here!

Hello to everyone else, too! I need to be getting back on here more frequently. Seems like Satan's really got me in his sights right now and I'm faltering with the food issues. I was hoping this new year would bring some peace and time to relax and regroup, but it's not looking promising. So far, I've had to have the root canal, my last 2 great-uncles passed away within the last 10 days, which is very sad for all of us, especially my mom, as they were 2 of her favorite uncles. DS3 has become a victim of cyber-bullying from a kid who goes to his youth group, of all things, and we have also been told we need to have him tested for asperger's syndrome. Then, today, my mother-in-law found out she has breast cancer. DH just lost his dad to cancer and I'm really afraid how this is going to affect him. He's been so down and won't turn to God. He got mad at all of us Sunday and packed clothes saying he wasn't going to come back home after work Monday (he did and things have settled down a bit, but he just won't face that maybe he has a problem like depression or perfectionism).

Funny thing is that the message Sunday morning was about how we should expect Satan to attack whenever we have spiritual growth! Unfortunately, my go-to method of coping seems to involve ice cream! I MUST get this back in control. I do keep turning to God, but I still want those sweet, yummy carbs and the weather isn't helping that at all, either!

Well, feels better to just be able to share those issues with you all and I thank you for any prayers you can offer up (because I know what wonderful prayer warriors you are). Hope you all have a great evening! You're all in my prayers every day, too!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote