Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #436  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I haven't been posting here often enough, but please know that my prayers are with all of you!

Bargoo-so sorry to hear about your car accident (I actually hate using that term because most are not actually accidents, but negligence), but very glad you're ok physically. It's totally normal to be angry or sad about these kind of incidents. It's a form of mourning a loss-loss of your property, loss of trust in other drivers, even loss of trust in your own judgement, even when it's someone else's fault. Believe me, I've been there and it takes awhile to work through it. Take advantage of your pastor's offer-we didn't have anyone to help when we were hit 4 years ago, until we contacted an attorney (long story, but the other driver was at fault, but was underinsured). The boys and I still cringe every time we approach the intersection where it happened and don't often go that way anymore. I'll be praying for you and if you need someone to talk to, PM me. Take care
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:08 PM   #437  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to both of you, BARGOO & RONNI ~ many of us have been in some type of accident sometime in our lives that shake us up (me when I was much younger). Just recently, there was a terrible fatal accident just on the crest of our town; and three well-loved citizens were killed in that accident, and a fourth was injured severely. (I think I asked you all to pray for their daughter, Laura, who was in the accident, and their families too). A lot of silly rumors come out of such incidents, so prayer is always needed.

Ever since then, I have been praying like crazy for an upcoming long trip we are taking in September. I wasn't even in the accident, but it brings back bad memories -- and I find myself bugging my DH to slow down, and pushing my foot to the floor in reflex to other drivers' errors, etc. I know I am not alone in this; many people were numbed and saddened by this accident ...

Ronni is so right about the emotional and mental after-effects of these traumas (and they are traumas for those in them). I have a friend that was in one where two members of their family were killed; and she still talks about it to this day. Am sending up ^PRAYERS^ for healing and peace for all of us ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-01-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:10 PM   #438  
Rosebud

HI PRAYER WARRIORS ~ Our town and local hospitals need your prayers as there is a strange bacterial infection going around here. My Aunt's young neighbor (only 40 y/o) who had been helping her out since her husband passed away, suddenly fell ill last week and died. He thought he only had a flu, so he took Friday off work, but by that evening he was delirious so they took him to the hospital; he was rushed to a city hospital in critical condition but passed away the next morning. Please say a prayer for Jack's wife, Kim, and their three children who must be in shock right now.

This bacterial infection is so aggressive that people don't know what they have until it is too late; and they need to get care as early as possible. Please pray that our doctors and medical staff will recognize the symptoms quickly so that they can give the necessary care ASAP ... thank you all so much!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #439  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for your town ROSEBUD..
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #440  
Happy Member

Dear Rosebud

Prayers and positive thoughts regarding your town headed in your direction. Please keep us posted about the situation.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #441  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Rosebud, prayers for your community, especially Kim and family.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 PM   #442  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I got an appointment tomorrow at a medical center to see if I qualify for their low/no cost health program. Prayers, please

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-02-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:40 PM   #443  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

rosebud, praying for your town!

Dear prayer warriors,

Please pray for me as well. I have been struggling with my emotional over eating due to stress. My husband is gone, has been since the 17th, and won't be back until the 23rd. When he gets back we have maybe 2 weeks together before he is deploying for 6 months. While he is gone I will be driving from Idaho (where we've been stationed for the past 2 years) to Pennsylvania (where me and my hubby are both from) to live with family. We live on base right now, and because of this, the normal stresses of moving are amplified because our house has to pass inspection before we can move out or he gets in trouble. The house has to be cleaned completely spotless and the yard has to be weeded, mowed, the landscaping has to be perfect and GREEN. I am stressing so much because it's all on me. My husband can't help that he has to be in Arizona for training but I am so stressed because I have to take care of everything. I have to get all of our stuff out and into a storage unit and clean the house top to bottom (including the garage that has tons of oil stains because he's love to work on cars) and my dog kills the grass in the back yard when he pees. I feel like I'm drowning in all the stuff I have to do and am overwhelmed with so many emotions. I'm actually going to sort of miss this place even though we've both hated it here. I haven't been home (pa) in over 2 years and no one has seen me since I weighed 260lbs and I'm nervous about all the attention. Im nervous about the drive across the country and I'm nervous about my husband being in a war zone for 6 months. ACK! I am letting it all get to me and I know that I am stronger than this and can over come this. I am just so overwhelmed and every single night is so HARD because i'm completely ALONE. UGH! Sorry I am complaining and this turned out to be such a long post.
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #444  
Resident Pixie

Prayers sent up for Rosebud and community and for Eve as well
Old 08-02-2010, 11:48 PM   #445  
Half Marathoner!!!

Thanks, onederchic. Praying for you too!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #446  
Happy Member

Prayers being sent for Eve and Onederchic -
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #447  
Rosebud

EVE ~ my DH says that you can go to a hardware store and they have a special soap that takes oil from cement (here we go to Canadian Tire, but not sure in the US); AND, then you need to rent a HIGH-PRESSURED WATER MACHINE which along with the special soap will blast that oil out of there. I do know that getting rid of oil or grease works best with HOT WATER, so attach the hose to you hot water tap, if you can; or pour pails of HOT water with the soap & brush it a bit; or follow the instructions with the special soap.

Plus, sending up prayers for you regarding all the other things you have to do -- you know, I actually thought of you spraying a mixture of water and green dye on the grass patches, but not sure if that would work? But, why not -- it just might ... so it's worth a try! There is food dye or you can use green clothes dye too; both of which wouldn't cost much at all!

Maybe you can get some friends to help you pack & move; then give them a BBQ dinner afterward for helping (Saturday is a good day). You have a lot on your plate right now; we understand completely. Prayed for travel angels on your trip back home to PA too.

Emotional stress eating is very common; do it myself, but I am learning to control it these days. "Distraction is as good as a cure", they say -- did you read my emotional eating thread in this forum? There might be some tips in there that will help you a bit. It's OK to come here and share; that is why we are here, and venting helps distract us too ...

MICHELLE ~ prayers going up that the health insurance will be approved for you; can't see why it wouldn't, but just in case ...

THANKS for your prayers for our town/hospitals; and Kim & family ... it's very much appreciated, believe me ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:28 PM   #448  
Half Marathoner!!!

I LOVE the idea of just dyeing the grass! That made me crack up. I think the housing inspector might catch on though, they're pretty sharp. I did read your other post on emotional eating and it was helpful. I am going to have to find someone with a truck (or atleast not a tiny dodge neon) to help me haul stuff to our storage unit. And the bbq is a good idea! oh my goodness, just as I was typing this my friend stopped by and she offered to let me use her truck! praise God! One less thing I have to worry about!

Thanks all for your prayers.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:31 PM   #449  
Resident Pixie

I made it back home from my appointment. I seen a doctor there, it cost me 29 bucks for the visit, or rather it cost my bf 29 bucks but whatever. He said the lump on my back was definitely lipoma and is gonna setup for me to see a surgeon to have it removed. They drew blood to test for hypothyroidism, diabetes, to check my cholesterol and some other stuffs. He also wants to set me up to see a doctor to get a pap and stuffs. This is the first time in a looong time that I went to a doctor and didn't get lectured on my weight! That was awesome On Thursday, a man is coming out to help me do paperwork to try to get on Medicaid so prayers, please!

Last edited by Onederchic; 08-03-2010 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Prayers for Onderchic that she will get the insurance that she needs and that all physical prblems will be taken care of.
Eve I removed some very bad oil stains from my driveway, got it at the hardware store, don't remember the name but there are products that will do wonders. Try auto stores , too. Mow the backyard and start watering it until you need to get ready to go. Plenty of water should bring back the green. If you are living on base couldn't some neighbors help you? They may have experienced the same dilkemma as you. Praying that you will be able to accomlish this without stressing.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote