Old 07-01-2009, 10:51 AM   #1  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Christian Encouragers - July

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #2  
Quit counting at 45!

There you go Gary. It's done!!

It is absolutely gorgeous outside today. We in Canada are celebrating our independance today. I have celebrated by having a healthy breakfast out on my new deck watching DH work on the stairs. He's been up since 6 and kindly let me sleep in.

I am very thankful for the free country that I live in and that I can worship freely.

Enjoy your day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Wilma, Thank for starting us off!

My parents are taking me out to lunch today, and then some shopping. This is a weekly get together. We are going to a new place which everyone remembers where it is but not what it is called. LOL! We'll see how we like it.

I'm having cateract surgery on my left {bad} eye July 6th. This isn't the first eye surgery I've every had but each time I get a sick feeling and dread it. When I wrote July 1 in my prayer journal and food log this morning it hit me that the surgery is only a few days away. {I've been in denial!} Please pray for me to be calm about the upcoming surgery. Thanks.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Smile

Wilma! God made you the brave one to start off for July.

BTW Thank you EZ for that cartoon. I've printed it out and will keep it with me! So cute!

Patchwork: I will keep you in my prayers and pray that everything will go just fine during your surgery. I know how it is the stress and anxiety of having surgery. I am 26 years old and already had 3 major surgeries in my lifetime. I've had my gallbladder removed when I was 19, knee surgery when I was 22 and I had a laprodomy for ovarian cysts removal when I was 24. Fun eh? I pray for no more! So, dont feel to blue. God almighty helped me recover and kept me health through all that, I will pray that He be with you in this time. No worries, just strength from our loving Jesus
Hugs for you!

~suga!
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello All,

Wilma great work darling starting us off for the new month JULY...

Wilma, isn't it nice to seat and enjoy the fruits of his (DH's) labor. LOL

It is a beauitful day her in Virgina and I am flying high with God in the drivers seat.

Patch,
I will certainly be praying for you, for comfort, peace of mind, and a full and speedy recovery. With God at your helm, you cannot go wrong.

Suga,
THe Lord has blessed you in your lifetime and He will continue to do so because you have Him in the right place. FIRST. You go sweetie.

Will try to check in later this evening. Blessing and much love to all,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 07-01-2009 at 02:05 PM.
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Wilma - Happy Canada Day! Thanks for getting us going for July.

Penguin - prayers ascending for you! Stay strong! You are in God's hands!

Suga - oh, my! I'm over 50 and never had major surgury!

Ags - it's always a good day when you check in I love your posts!

A quick fly-by tonight. I am chairing a personnel committee meeting tonight, and it may get heated. Keep me in prayer!

Blessings to all, and prayers continuing!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #7  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

-- HAPPY CANADA DAY --

to all our Canadian friends ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THANKS WILMA! For getting us started this month

HAPPY CANADA DAY GALS...whatever that is

WILMA ~ So the deck is done? Now you can enjoy the summer!

PATCH ~ Prayers for your surgery. Enjoy your lunch date. I used to have a dog that looks just like yours does in the picture. I will post a picture of my 2 golden retrievers at the bottom.

SUGA ~I have had knee surgery...severed my ACL in '89 and 2 ear surgeries. Glad you liked the cartoon. No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. 1 Corinthians 10:13..You can do this

SCOOTER ~ I hope all ended on a cool note tonight

AGGIE ~ I am happy the weather is nice for you...last time I was in Virginia it was "buggy"... How is Cake Batter and the other kiddos doing?

Outta here ~ Bless you all, Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all, hope you are having a blessed day!

Thanks for the prayers - the meeting went well, and we sowed some seeds that may grow in a positive way. We still need to nurture them along ...

Today is another vacation day to spend with my Mom
I do have to pick out new glasses, which is always daunting.

Actually - it is a NSV. I USED to go in and pick out a frame that helped disguise my chubby cheeks - usually the same frame style every time.

Now, I try on glasses, and I can't decide - I want all of them

Prayers continuing for all!

Blessings!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM   #10  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning all,

This is the day that the Lord hath made, Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Laurie,
Hope that meeting of yours went well, I know whatever and no matter how heated it may have become, you withstood the heat. Just think of how God saved Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego and I know that firey furnace was 100 times hotter, so I know He had your back. Smiles.

Rosebud and Wilma,
Sorry I missed Canada Day, but here it is late, "HAPPY CANADA DAY". As my dad use to say, A Day Late and A Dollar Short. LOL

Gary,
I am loving your morning devotionals and great start to a great day.
Cake batter is doing great, she is down about 50 pounds and is soooo fit. She is averaging about 15 to 19 miles and week and has done two more races. She has one this 4th of July to celebrate Independence Day. Now she is in a spinning class and her first day almost, mind you I said almost, kicked her now little butt. Talk about a determined child, she is it. Trying hard to follow her lead. Oh yeah, the skitters are here and I am not liking them at all. I wonder what was God's purpose for them, He must have had a reason, maybe I will ask Him that when I see Him. LOL!!

Well I got an extra day off this week since the 4th is on a Saturday and that is one of my usual days off. So I am bright eyed an bushy tailed and get things done. Already have read the daily devotional, gotten two loads of laundry done. Now what is next. Oh yeah, can I ask for a small prayer from each of you today, just for and extra boost, today is my weigh in day and I need all the help I can get. Will let you know how it goes.........

Oakie dokie, I am off to find something else to do. Oh and so happy, my DH finally got his motorcycle fixed and is back on the road, boy is he happy, and when he is happy, I am happy. Since he is in a good mood I am going to ask for him to order my Trike early for my b'day. We shall see cause one never knows.

Later gators,
Aggie
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hot day it is ,in Texas. It rained 2 inches across the road yesterday.
I have a baby monitor connected to the barn ,for varmints have been getting in and killing my chickens . They attacked last night but got nothing that I know of. The chickens sounded off the alert sound they made and I was out the door at 3:30 this morning armed and ready to fight for my chickens lives. The varmint took off like lightening but at least I scared him off! He came back and my dog alerted me this time and he took off again!
I hope he gives up and goes somewhere else, I sure hope he doesn't bring back some reinforcements!
Patch I will be praying for you in Texas.Everyone have a great 4th of July!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:34 AM   #12  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Laurie,
I was typing as your post came thru. Glad that meeting went well. Enjoy your day and your mom. If you can't decide, buy em' all, that's my motto. LOL

Now this is the second time I have seen you use NSV, what does that mean. You know I ride the slow bus. Help a sista out.

Oh yeah Gary, if he says yes to the Trike, once I get it can I get my new name, Trikerbabe? LOL

Have a super blessed day!!!!
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 07-02-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #13  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Morning all! I lost another pound! I think this is just that beginner's quick drop, because I have made changes in my eating.{not sure how many calories I've dropped but I'm losing at between 1800 and 2000 a day. I'm sure it will level out soon. sigh. I asked Hubby to keep track of his food intake yesterday and he ate over 3000! Mostly fat/carbs and a tiny slice of protein in the piechart. I think it was a wake-up call for him. Hopefully! Especially when I got onto him about potato chips {even baked ones} don't count as a vegetable!

Cardio for today, probably kickboxing!

Colormerd, NSV= non scale victory. Such as old pants fitting again! Praying for the weigh-in!

Bootsie, Thanks for the prayers! Good luck with the varmint!

CountingDown, I like how the eye doc dialates your eyes so you can't see THEN tells you to pick out frames! Good luck!

Gary, I like your warrior! Looking forward to seeing your retrievers. We call them 'golden recovery agents" someone in the paper make a list of politically correct titles as a joke and we remembered the 'recovery agents"

Thanks ALL for your PRAYERS. I'm feeling calmer today. Lets just get this over with already!
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy 4th of July weekend. Thank you again for all your prayers and encouragement.

Happy Thursday

~suga
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #15  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

PATCH ~ your furry baby looks a lot like our NIKO; they could almost be twins except yours looks a lot bigger. NIKO is only 19" tall at the shoulder, and he is full grown. NIKO has a bone just like that but finds it too heavy to carry around. I bought him a huge one for Christmas a while back that was 13" long, but he couldn't carry it; so DH came up with the bright idea to put it outside; and the neighbours giant puppy (a huge beige lab mix) came over and nabbed it. I saw it through our back spare bedroom window, but we decided to let him have it becuz he was sooo lonely and it keeps him from howling. DH finally went over and gave the kiddies some tips on how to train him and keep him happier; it all worked out well becuz we hardly hear him cry anymore. Golden 'recoverers' is an appropriate name; labs like to fetch things too and that is NIKO's favorite game.

HI AGGIE ~ NSV is non-scale victory; anything that shows you are still losing inches or weight that isn't related to a scale. Those pants fitting would fit the bill. I'm with ya on the skitter issue; I always say someday, I gonna ask GOD why they are here, but I suspect he will say to feed the birdies, bats, and dragonflies ...

BOOTSIE ~ many years ago, when we lived on a farm, we had turkeys and chickens and the foxes stole a few our our big fat laying hens; finally we had to keep them in their pen, locking them in their house each night and that stopped the problem. I even had a talk with one of those foxes one day; he was so pretty, but I told him that he had eaten enuff of my chickens and I realized that he was hungry too, but there were lots of garter snakes and moles and mice around for him to catch instead. Sometimes, we had lots of extra duck eggs so DH would put them out in the high grass far away from the hen house for the foxes to eat; I think they appreciated that too (and that's a good decoy as well).

GARY ~ Canada Day is Canada's birthday or the same as your July 4th Independance Day. Our birthday is on July 1st; and is the day we all celebrate living in this beautiful country; we had lovely fireworks here last night to celebrate too. Yes, and I think that your warrior, Angie, looks very fearsome too; or is that one of her yoga moves???

LAURIE ~ I'm with AGGIE about the glasses -- my DH rolls his eyes when he sees how many different pairs of glasses I have. He asked me why do I have so many? I told him that some are different strengths and some are for different purposes: some are for formal outings; some for home; some for reading; and some for sewing, some are for sun, and some are for fun, etc. Some people like shoes; I like lots of glasses ...

HI SUGA ~ hope things are going better for you today ...

HELLO ~ to all our CE's; hope you all are having a great week and a wonderful JULY 4th celebration this Saturday and weekend. Our birthday fell on Wednesday this year, but we celebrated just the same and all the stores and gov offices were closed for the day.

It nice and cool here tonight; a bit humid today, but it's nicer right now. Take good care ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-02-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote