S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Prayers for your family Ronni.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #17  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Ronni Prayers are with you and your family!

Last edited by CountingDown; 08-03-2009 at 06:32 PM.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ronni, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Ronni, prayers for you and DH.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:42 AM   #20  
Quit counting at 45!

Ronnie: My prayers are going up for you.

I had a really relaxing day. I went to church and then came home for a broccoli soup lunch. Then I laid down on the couch to read for a while. Just as I was going to go for a walk or do something my MIL called and invited me over to play games. So, instead of walking I went. It was a really good day.

I woke up to rain this a.m. There go my plans to be in the yard! Oh well, I'll have time this week I'm sure. DH is coming home today and it'll be so nice to have someone in the house with me again.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #21  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello to all God's people,

So glad to be in the land of the living, each day that we open our eyes is such a blessing from God. We must savor our days as such precious gifts from above and make the most of them doing exactly what God wants us to do.

Thanks so much to all of you who missed me cause I surely missed all of you, but you were in my heart.

Laurie you said a mouthful and thank you so much for saying it. Sometimes we need to hear things out loud. AMEN is right.

Oh my dear sweet Ronnie, hugs, kisses and prayers comming your way for you and your DH and the whole family.

Mamaduck, if it works, keep it up. I have been pondering throwing my scale at home out of my sight, and then I will not be tempted to weigh myself before weigh in day. I cannot imange weighing everyday, I am sure that could be frustrating. I just want to eat clean and get healthy as all of you. Well let's dance this dance together...ready, set, go........Doe see doe.

Bootsie, I just love your name, saying it or just reading it makes me smile.

Gary, tell me about all of these soup recipes, I love soup too. Hi di ho neighbor, I am sure you are doing just fine as always and Angie is keeping in good shape. Hugs to the both of you.

Well gotta run, will try to take a peak back in this evening.

Love to all,
Ags aka Trikerbabe (Thanks Gary, I really love that name) Oh yeah, getting one next week. Hot dang!!!
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #22  

Hi all, Happy Monday!
Hope your August has started out well!
Today was a busy day since I took my lunch time to zip over to the blood bank. They were very busy!
And, I only had ONE cookie and black coffee while I was there. And those ladies make the BEST cookies

I did get in a yoga workout after work tonight

Not much else to report, just a typical Monday evening. Hopefully we can have a fire tonight on the patio - the sun is peaking out for the first time all day!

Blessings to all!

Laurie
Old 08-03-2009, 06:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Laurie, congraulations on your visit to the bloodbank. And cookies are required after donating blood so don't kick yourself for doing such a good thing as donating blood.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #24  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, everyone! Thank you all for the prayers-we really need them.

I've managed to stay on plan all day, which is very good as I sure didn't over the last week. In fact, I really should change my ticker, since I've gained back 4 pounds And, I know the coming weekend will be bad with the memorial service on Saturday and being at MIL's house for 3 or 4 days.

We are trying to keep things normal for the boys, so came home so DS2 could attend football camp this week. As a senior, he's really excited to continue that this year and has really shaped up over the year!

School starts on the 17th, so must get registration done and the homeschool paperwork, as well...and senior pics! Oh, my gosh, I feel old!

Well, need to go-too much to do right now. Prayers for all. Have a great day tomorrow!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #25  

Thanks bargoo!

Ronni - I know the tasks at and seem overwhelming, but they will actually help you create some balance and perspective. Life does go on, and having to take care of these chores really does help in the long run. Prayers continuing!
Old 08-04-2009, 12:02 AM   #26  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RONNIE ~ sending and prayers for you, your DH, and your families during this time. Good idea letting the kids continue doing things they had planned; it does help, as LAURIE, says. Don't worry about the weight; you will get that back off in no time, when the stresses wane a wee bit for you. DH says that school is starting earlier this year for the kids here too.

This AM started out with a mix of and cloud; it was a bit cooler and a bit windy, but it turned out to be a fairly nice day overall. Sat out on our porch for awhile this afternoon. Did some work on my plan: working on healthy recipes and fiber foods today; and my new exercise plan (credit moi).

I am trying to increase my exercise a bit, so after dinner, I got DH to take me up to a local school and we walked around their gigantic parking lot which is about the size of a football field; we walked around a perennial garden dedicated to a local girl as well. It took us 30 minutes going at my pace and we went a bit extra to get the time in. My back and right knee started acting up by that time, so I knew it was time to go home. My doctor had told me that when the pain starts, thats the time to rest. For my condition, pain is a sign of too much stress on the body.

I did discover some helpful things tonight while doing this walk: 1) if I felt pooped, stopping for a few seconds helped a lot; 2) that after a little while, my breathing leveled out, and I felt much better; and 3) after so many minutes walking, my adrenaline kicked in and I started to feel like a normal person walking again, without the undue strain I had felt at the start.

Another thing that was an answer to prayer for me is that my calves were actually sweating by the end of the walk -- that means the circulation is improving in them; so the exercises I have been doing is helping them after all. That alone made me very happy. So, kudos to me, for pressing on, and getting this done. All of this gave me some much-needed encouragement today.

I am also going to go look at a track that is at another place to see if it is accessible to me; it is a bit more private and would feel more appropriate than just walking around the perimeter of a large parking lot. I also hope that by snowfall, I will be in good enuff shape to be able to go to the arena this winter. I have to build up my endurance now though, starting with 3 days a week, then 4, then up to 6 days a week with one day off.

I am going to try and do this as often as my body will let me without hurting it too much. I want to pick us up some really good rain coats or ponchos this week too, so we won't use the as an excuse not to go for a walk. I can also go for walks in the stores on those days as well.

Anyways, that's all the news from here for now. Tomorrow, we will be also getting the last of the wood we need to finish the floor braces; then it will be all done. The floor takes a long time to do, but once it is done, then the actual cottage can start to be built.

Take good care everyone, and hope you all have A TERRIFIC TUESDAY ... ROSEBUD Remember, ^PRAYERS^ are continuing for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-04-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 AM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

walk on ROSEBUD walk on!!!

RONNI...the more "normal" you make it....the easier it will be...death is hard but it is normal...KAREN is going through it now...

having been there I can only share this...it will get better!

TRIKERBABE I am looking forward to seeing the new ride!

WILMA....I always know you will come around...after 7 years here for me some things are solid...and you are one of them!

SCOOTER hope the patio time was fun!

BARGOO....MAMADUCK....KATHY....all others...hugs
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 216/184/135

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone!

Life has been really crazy over the last few weeks with all the traveling. I have really missed you all!

We really enjoyed our trip to Florida for vacation. Got to see all our family and friends. It was great. As soon as we got back my dd and I turned around and left for Tulsa, OK for the softball tournament. Her team played good, but they lost. To make things even crazier the third game they played my daughter was sliding in to 2nd base and her foot got caught up in the dirt and she broke her hip and tore all the muscles in her hip away from the bone. She has been really sore and it's difficult for her to get around, but praise God she didn't have to have any surgery or anything just take it easy and it will heal on it's own. That's what the ER doctor said. We will see an orthopedic dr. here locally on Thursday just to be sure.

Being out of town so much has really gotten me off plan. I'm really looking forward to getting back into my routine.

I will go back and read and catch up later, for now I just wanted to stop in and say "hi." Hope everyone is doing well!

~Tammy~
godsgirltmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #29  

Rosebud - Hooray for you! FANTASTIC! Keep it up as much as you can, walking is my FAVORITE form of exercise

Tam - glad to have you back, and sorry to hear about your daughter. I will keep her in my prayers.

A good day here - the weather is glorious, work was productive, and I'm off to visit another church in town regarding doing some training for them. They want some help with their media presentations.

After that, DH and I plan to do some wine tasting at a local shop, and then a walk in the park. Maybe finish up with a fire on the patio.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Prayers continuing!

Laurie
Old 08-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 302/287/200

Height: 5'5"

New to this thread - but I know some of you already!

Ronni - I'm sorry for your loss, I know how hard it is as I lost my husband 8 months ago. God is certainly our port in any storm!

I just want to say that I love posting on this site! For once, when I post something it actually gets read and even responded to - I don't know what to think! None of my husbands family is around here so they asked that I get on Facebook where all of them keep in touch everyday. I did and guess what - no one responded to anything I wrote or sent - same with phone calls and emails. Oh well, I will continue to try to keep in touch and if they chose not to then it's their loss.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

chubbs is offline   Reply With Quote