Old 07-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Default The Lord's Table

settingcaptivesfree.com

I know there are a couple of us out there doing this!! I signed up a long time ago, but really made the committment today. I'm starting option 1 eating program tomorrow, but have already done day 1's lesson. The lessons are amazing.

I thought it would be great to have a little group of those doing TLT!
Freedom&Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hello, I started the Lord's Table lessons, 1 wk ago. I really enjoy it. It is very informative and Christ centered. I am only doing the lessons though. I am not doing their eating plan. I am doing weight watchers and doing well with it. ww has taught me about portion control. On day 3, I think they teach about fasting, and I learned a lot about that. I have never fasted before, but after that study, I probably will. Anyway, good luck with it and God bless.
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #3  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

i looked at the site and it looks great. Has anyone here done the eating plan? How did it go? Anyone completed phase 2 yet? i've fasted before. It was a 3 day fast. It was amazing. i really didn't feel hungry at all (that had to have been from God, since i'm always hungry).

i must say, this sure looks better than any diet out there.

In Christ,
christine
HoosierMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:30 PM   #4  

Default Lord's Table

Hello

I was wondering is anyone still doing this course? If so what do you think of it. If not why did you stop. I Was wondering if anyone was having any kind of odd feelings about it.

I would really appreciate opinions about it.

Thanks
CIRCLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

I am looking into this course! any input into it would be great!
Big House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #6  

It seems we're all looking into it and wanting to try it, but nobody who's doing it or has done it is around to tell us about it.

After much searching and praying, i think i've decided to give it a try. Even if i don't lose any weight, if it helps me to repent of my laziness and glutony, that's wonderful. i'll let you know how it goes.

In Christ,
christine
Old 07-25-2006, 06:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/187/145

Height: 5'03

Hey, I am still doing the course. I am on day 27 and the course seems to helping me. It is biblical and Christ centered. The course points out so many bible verses and it helps you look into problems with emotional eating and so forth. I am not doing the eating plan, I am on ww and I doing well with that. This course is helping me spiritually. I hope my opinion helps. God bless you.
pacemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #8  

Hello All

I have been trying the course, only got as far as day three.

I am not trying to step on any toes, and believe me I don't have all the answers and far as the Bible or anything else. As a matter of fact I am a new Christian. I do know that you have to be careful as far as false teachers go. Again i'm not trying to say this course is teaching anything false either. It's just something I feel deep down in my spirit, that is why I asked the question about anyone feeling anything odd about the course. And please if anyone could shed some light I would be happy to listen. As I mentioned I am a Babe in Christ and I am more than willing to listen and learn. Any input would be appreciated. Please do keep in mind I am only looking to learn and not trying to be judgemental.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #9  

Was there something in particular that didn't seem right to you?

In Christ,
christine
Old 07-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #10  

Hi

I have thought about what it is that bothers alot, this is what it seems to be to me....... I know it is a Bible based course and with that being the case of course the Bible is what should be discussed but........ it seems a bit "fanatical" for lack of a better word. As I mentioned I am a new Christian and I have never done any type of Bible based course before. I imagine this could be rhe reason I fell this way it is all so new for me. Maybe it's too much too soon I don't know. If anyone could shed some light or point me in the right direction I will not take offense. I know I have two desires

1. To build my realtionship with the Lord
2. To lose weight

So being that this course combined both I thought it would be ideal.

Thank you
Old 07-26-2006, 08:09 PM   #11  
NumberCruncher

S/C/G: 175/164.6/140

Hi! I am new here and just getting started. I looked into the bible study....thanks for the link....and it looks good. Think I'll give it a try.

Circles: Being a new Christian you are probly just not used to bible studies. Just give it a few more days and see how it goes, probly not a good idea to do the fasting plan at this point, but the scriptures and self examiniation could only help. My personal opinion is that you have to just jump right in, easing into things just makes it harder in the long run. Jump in and you'll find the water is not so bad once you adjust =)
JBMorrison6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #12  

JBMORRISON

Thanks for the tips, makes a lot of sense. I will press on.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #13  

Circles: Being a new Christian you are probly just not used to bible studies. Just give it a few more days and see how it goes, probly not a good idea to do the fasting plan at this point, but the scriptures and self examiniation could only help. My personal opinion is that you have to just jump right in, easing into things just makes it harder in the long run. Jump in and you'll find the water is not so bad once you adjust =)[/QUOTE]
I have to agree !!
press in and get involved it does transition you faster and builds your faith faster!!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I haven't read The Lord's Table, so I can't comment on it, but I have been looking for Christian materials on weight loss and health, and am trying to find a good grace-based program that is positive and nurturing (and would love info about the program if it fits).

I don't know what concerns Circles has, but in my searcy, I did reject the Weigh Down program because of the founder's heretical beliefs (denying the trinity, for example), and teachings that only those who can live a perfect life (including their food plan) will be saved.

I also rejected another program, (can't remember the title, but I found it in the library and it was at lest fifteen years old) because the book was extremely blame-focused. I need help changing life which included learning to put Christ first in my life always, and to recognize and change sinful behavior patterns (including my relationship with food and my body) but it really doesn't help me to be emotionally battered with statements of how evil I am for having failed in the past.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:46 PM   #15  

I am going to try it as soon as I getr back from camp.
Please pray fo rme this week as I am going to teen camp (as a counselor)and the food is served to you. I have been going for the last several years but this time I have a plan I am going to bring 2 bags of fruit and eat a piece of fruit before each meal then I will not eat so much of the fatty food and will not be starving!!
Anyway check in when I get back off to church now