Old 07-31-2006, 10:00 AM   #16  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone....

I checked out the site and joined in. I am starting today and hoping that I will stick it out. I have been so "non dieting" the last few months and I think this may be the one program that helps me.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 09:37 AM   #17  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

i signed up for The Lord's Table a few days ago and so far i'm loving it. i think probably the best thing i've learned is the difference between physical hunger and soul hunger. Now i only eat when i'm truly hungry and i go to God all those other times when i've got the "munchies".

i tried the option one eating plan (half days, liquid days, normal days, and fast days) but didn't stick with it. i spent way too much time thinking about food. So i switched to option two which is eating only after your tummy growls. It's working great. i've lost 4 pounds so far. But most importantly, i'm learning to lean on God to help me overcome my bad eating habits.

In Christ,
christine
HoosierMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #18  
MOM OF PLENTY

S/C/G: 180/180/145

Height: 5'2

Ok. So I Just Signed Up For The Program And I Am Excited To See Where I Go From Here. Wish Me Blessings And I Will Let Everyone Know How It Goes.
mom of plenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #19  

Hi,

I'm so new to this forum that I'm not sure this response is going to get out here. Lol. I went to the website that you were talking about and it looked really interesting to me. I tried to enroll but I think my pop-up blocker messed up the enrollment because it never went to a different page after I filled out the page and pushed enter or whatever. Grrrr. I think it sounds wonderful and I'd love to be a part of a group that wants to do it. I have quite a bit of adipose to shed... but I think this support forum will really help. It's nice meeting you and as soon as I can figure out what I did wrong on that site and can fix it I'll join ya...
Sarah~
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:09 AM   #20  

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here and stumbled across this thread. I haven't heard anything about this plan but I'm going to check it out. I did try the Weigh Down plan several years ago but as the views of the author came to light my church banned it and I stopped ~ what I did like about it was that I was working on recognizing that my HUNGER for food was most often HUNGER for God and I would love to get back into another biblically based program. I hope to be sticking around this thread and getting to know you all ~ I guess I better weigh myself tomorrow and get going instead of lurking here.

Thanks!
Steph
steph06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:51 AM   #21  
NightWatcher

S/C/G: 239/236/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph06 View Post
Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here and stumbled across this thread. I haven't heard anything about this plan but I'm going to check it out. I did try the Weigh Down plan several years ago but as the views of the author came to light my church banned it and I stopped ~ what I did like about it was that I was working on recognizing that my HUNGER for food was most often HUNGER for God and I would love to get back into another biblically based program. I hope to be sticking around this thread and getting to know you all ~ I guess I better weigh myself tomorrow and get going instead of lurking here.

Thanks!
Steph
Ditto...
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:30 AM   #22  

I'm baaaaaaaaack!
I went on and started the Lord's table. It's amazing! I didn't realize how often I eat when I'm all emotional. I think there's hidden things down in that heart 'o' mine that I need to deal with. Anyway, I tried the fast thing and I'm really watching what and when and why and how I eat. I'll weigh in on next Mon. to see if there are any great results.
Take care!
Sugarbaby
sugarbaby269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:42 PM   #23  

I'm new to the forum as well and have never heard of this one...I have seen Weigh Down and wasn't thrilled with it myself. Thanks for the idea ladies...I'm going to check this one out.
SaintlyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #24  

Height: 5'2"

Circles,

I'm jumping in here a little late, but I found your question interesting. I have done TLT a few times, or I should say started it. I almost made it through to the end once, and I did lose weight and felt closer to the Lord than I had in a long time. But I also had those same feelings of not being completely comfortable with it...and I couldn't quite put my finger on why. I don't believe it's heretical in any way...I found it through another site which is a Christian apologetics website and very Biblically sound. However, after much consideration I tend to think that they stray into being fairly legalistic with it...even though they say "grace, grace, grace". I found myself feeling very condemned a lot of the time...if I ate one bite more than I need I'm sinning, etc. Now, I can't say this is the study's fault. More than likely it was my own and where I was in the journey, but I can say as one who's been there, and from a non-babe Christian that I felt those same misgivings.

In His Hands,
Jenny
JennyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:21 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 236/216/147

Height: 5'8"

Well, I've joined up and just done day one... we shall see! Not sure quite what I think of it yet, but will post back as it unfolds!
CazF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 01:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 248.9/238.2/150

Height: 5 ft 4 in

I just joined this forum, and now I have joined the Lord's Table also. After the first lesson, I am impressed. I probably will not do their calendar, I am on Weight Watchers and it seems to be working. I want to learn how to deal with the 'me' who wants me to fail in any program I am in.
gentleduv47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 222/222/160

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, New to this forum and stumbled on it when searching for the Lords Table diet site. I purchased a book called "Women of Moderation" which is based on "The Lords Table" and encourage you to continue on with the Lords table after the 8 weeks are complete in the book. Since I failed at all other diets, I felt I needed the help of God, therefore after some praying I came across Women of Moderation. I'm all about quantity and there lays my problem. I haven't checked out the Lords table, but it sounds very much like the Women of Moderation. Good luck to all of you!
Michelle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 356/346/145

Good morning. The Lord's Table is an amazing bible study that is teaching me about God, gluttony, repentance, and more. I am following a separate food plan, but the daily lessons are exceptional and helps me to journal more effectively. I am learning about self-discipline, gluttony, accountability, and who I am in Christ. My mentor is wonderful and sends encouraging words and scripture often.

I highly recommend this program. I sure don't feel anything odd about it, at this time in my life. I've been contemplating this program for 5 years, and held back because I thought it was just too much. I think that now, I am ready for the seriousness of being a Christian worman and the seriousness of being addicted to food. I've completed 15 lessons so far. One of the things my mentor told me was that I really need to take my time because this is a journey. If I miss a day, I don't need to 'catch up' -- just pick up and move on.

I'm ready to make changes in my life. Finally. With God's grace and mercy and help. The Lord will sustain me. He will fill me, satisfy me, and complete me. I'll be praying for all of you.

Blessings,
2tiggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 200/190/140

Height: 5ft

I have never heard of the Lord's table either but if it is Bible based..i can do all through christ who strengthens me..i hope to lose 60 lbs and this can only be done by His grace and mercy
ingrid55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I am so interested in how you ladies are doing today. Are you still with the Lord's Table and where are you in your weight and just not your weight but how has God worked in your life. This thread was started in 2006.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote