Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Default I remained in control

So, tonight was my special family Christmas plan. I made a very decadent Alfredo lasagna with 4 types of cheese, sausage, chicken, 2 jars of sauce, fresh herbs. it has TONS of flavor. I only had a tiny piece where normally would have been 2 large pieces, 2 thin slices of garlic bread, normally it would have been 4 pieces(I use a very healthy buttery spread called Nature Balance) and a cesar salad with a dab of Kens Light cesar dressing. I didn't fill stuffed after dinner, it was hard not to fill a little deprived because while the body was comfortable, my taste buds wanted more. After dinner, and the kids opened their gifts we had apple pie and ice cream with caramel sauce. It was a small pie and cut in to 8 pieces. before i would have cut it in to 6. I also only had 1 scoop of ice cream instead o 2 or 3 and dabbed the caramel sauce on it, not drowned it. I realize that I most likely at more cals that I needed to but to limit my portions, and assert my control over them was a HUGE victory for me. Any other time before, I would have eaten till I was sick.

mandy
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

GOOD FOR YOU MANDY ~ that is an achievement in itself! I did much better this year too overall. I don't often have too much trouble with the actual meals; we had a very lean roast beef this year for a guest. I had to slap my own hand for the munchies a couple of times though, but we did have baked ones this year, not fried; so that was an improvement as well. I know it wasn't perfect, but it's getting better; and I think that is what counts most.

Glad you had such a nice celebration with your family!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #3  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

That's wonderful. It does feel good to realize you're able to control what you're eating and not overdo it! Keep up the good work!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

We had left overs tonight, control was a little harder. I think I added a more ice cream this time. I wanted all of it. Of coarse I had just did week 2 day 1 of Couch to 5K right before dinner. Exercise makes me ravenous for food. Before I sat down to dinner I ate a piece of 100% whole wheat bread and 10 oz of water, waited 10 min or so, then ate dinner. I think that helped..
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote