Old 10-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #91  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Hey everyone! I got it now! Hope everyone is having a great week! We are going through some very difficult times right now, I know its nothing God cant solve. So we just have to wait on him to do it in his time and his way Please pray for us ... hopefully in the future I will get to share a praise report ... in the mean time I am just pressing through, and waiting on God! God Bless
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

ray, remember God never fails.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #93  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A quick fly-by to say hello from California. You are all in my prayers - Sunshine - I'm looking forward to your praise report. Bargoo - I hope you are doing OK. You, continue to be in my prayers!

I hope each of you had a blessed day!
Prayers ascending!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #94  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ been busy, busy, busy trying to get everything sorted out for our move; changing all our utilities has been a bit stressful. It took me over two days and many phones calls and call-backs; boy, things sure have changed since we last moved.

And on top of that, a water pipe burst in our heat system and got a whole pile of our boxes wet, so today I had to repack them. Thankfully, the heating/plumber guy came quickly and fixed it pronto, before the water reached our furniture. We finally got everything sorted out and put our boxes into another room, where they will stay for the duration until we move.

I will catch up reading tomorrow after we come back from town; some errands to run like getting a post box and stuff like that. Still have a few things to do like changing addresses and such ...

We are having colder temps (-10C) but the skies are clear; maybe we'll have sun tomorrow; that would be nice. I think the cold is better; because it makes the ground hard, so not as mucky for moving. Gee, GOD really does know best, doesn't he?

Well, it's late, gotta get to bed, but take good care everyone, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD

Remember, that ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ... Dear Lord, please bless all our friends here, especially those that are struggling and/or are sick in any way ... and we thank you, Amen.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-24-2008 at 01:47 AM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 AM   #95  
burned out bus driver

Just wanted to wish everyone a great Friday! Got an incredibly busy day......so no time for a lengthy post. Have a blessed day all!
Ginny
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #96  
burned out bus driver

Praying for you Rayofsunshine!
G
Old 10-24-2008, 08:25 AM   #97  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hello, you all! It's a gloomy day here again today-rain, rain, rain and cold too Football tonight will be very cold! I made a huge blanket that we take along and all curl up under. It helps that the town really supports the fb team, so there's lots of body heat in the bleachers!

ray of sunshine-prayers for you. God does reward our patience and faithfulness. "God will bless you, if you don't give up when your faith is being tested. He will reward you with a glorious life, just as He rewards everyone who loves Him." James 1:12 Sometimes it's hard for all of us to remember His promises when we are in the middle of trials, though.

bargoo-prayers continue for you as well. Hope you are feeling ok and that the treatment is going well. for you, too.

Rosebud-thank goodness you caught the water leak quickly! Hope you got all the utilities changed and errands done. All that running around and making calls is always stressful. One of the companies here tried to streamline the utility changing issue with a "we'll do it all for you" plan (I think it was the phone company), but they messed it up so badly, I had to spend twice as long to straighten out all the mistakes as I would have spent just doing it myself the first time!

Counting-hope you're enjoying California and the visit!

Hi to everyone else! Have a great day and weekend, too! to all!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #98  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Hey Everyone! Thanks for the prayers Counting and ECmom and the encouragement bargoo! I love bible verses they always help me gain a fresh perspective ronnie! We are just starting in this trial. . . so I am not sure how long it will last and what the outcome will be but I am determined I will trust God all the way through! and not because I have so much faith but because I know God will carry us through! Isnt funny how life is like that... you are at a great place everything going your way and then a trial! I just went through one about a year ago and I told God the only thing I wish was that I handled it better ( I really let bitterness and anger get the best of me) So here I am with another chance... The God of second chances Oh well I want to pass this test this time!!! God Bless! Rosebud God bless you and keep you strong as you move! Have a blessed day
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:28 PM   #99  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

RAY OF SUNSHINE ~ Am sending up special prayers for you and your family during this 'trial' you are facing. We don't know what it is, but GOD does, and He will carry you through. During those 6 weeks, when we didn't know where we were going, at times, it was so upsetting: but I was reminded over and over that "God would be with me just as he was with Moses"; it was a kind of 'wilderness' experience for us. We were told ... you have to move ... now; but you don't know where you are going or why: just because; and you only have so much time to get there ... lol ...

Near the last week, I finally asked GOD to please excuse my weakness in this matter, as I was a bit discouraged when we still hadn't found a place, so then I asked Him to please 'CARRY ME' the rest of the way; and quoted that scripture from ... Isaiah 46:4 ~ And, even to your old age, I am He, and even to your hoar hairs (gray hairs), will I carry you: I have made you, and I will bear (you); even I will carry (you), and I will deliver you.

At that time, I also put a fleece out to Him concerning whether He wanted us to stay here or not; I received an answer to that fleece right away without any hesitation, so I knew He just wanted us to wait a little longer ...

In this week alone, three people offered us nice places to live; and we found out why there were so many delays (they were caused by other people), but GOD worked everything out for our good, despite those other issues. He turned it to our advantage, and we now have a wonderful home to live in. After we move in, I will take some pictures to show you all.

I spent the morning washing the livingroom rug; our rug cleaning machine worked wonderfully. This afternoon, I made some muffins for DH; and did some more packing. I came in here so that I could rest my feet a bit, as I have been on them a lot this week.

HI RONNI ~ thanks for your encouragement. Yah, things are much more complicated than before; it's been over 16 years since we moved and things have changed a lot.

ECMOM ~ thanks for the birthday wishes; no problem, I don't think I told anyone until afterwards that it was even my birthday. We went to a nice place and had a nice dinner: bbq ribs and chicken with a baked new potato and a nice salad. We skipped dessert becuz the dinner was so filling.

BARGOO & COURTNEY ~ prayers continue for you both, and for your grandmother too, Courtney ...

HI TO ALL OUR FRIENDS HERE; hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

Take good care, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ continue for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 10-24-2008 at 04:43 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:15 PM   #100  
burned out bus driver

Rosebud, hope you got a wee bit of a rest in. Preparing to move is such a ton of work, and you had a ton of stress just finding your new home. Don't you just love it when you can really see the Lord's hand at work in our lives? (for us of little faith!). Glad that things worked out well for you.

Ray- the steadfast love of the Lord never faileth, His mercies never come to an end. Whatever place you are in in your life, He knew you would be there, and He has a perfect plan to see you through this. trust in Him.

Ronni- nothing like a cold football game! (in my opinion, football should be played in the cold! But then I am a bit wacky). Hope you were able to enjoy the game and stay warm- and that noone got hurt. Football is a tough game.

Today ended up being a bit less stressful than I thought it would be. I was able to get some school work done this evening, so that I can jump into other work tomorrow am. Weather is supposed to stink here, rainy and a chance of thunderstorms.........that is fine by me, as it takes the pressure off me to do anything other than stay home and get some housework done.

What a long week! I am so glad the weekend is here.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Ginny
Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #101  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

GOOD MORNING GALS

I just finished reading my morning paper and it isn't even 5am yet. Wonder what it would be like to sleep in? I guess I did, really! I really can't remember the last time I was still in bed at 6am.

My daughter sponsored a jewelry party here last night for a friend of hers/ours from high school. It was a lot of fun for her and Angie, my wife loves these kinds of things. It was nice they could help the girl out, she is such a sweetie...and she brought her 2 month old baby for me to hold too!

Well as of yesterday work has finally slowed down for me, I really need a little...little...break! I may get more than I want, we shall see. I do have a couple of big projects in the near future so it looks like I will be OK, for now.

Angie and I will walk the dogs and get coffee later this morning, going to be a great day here...very warm. Then she is off to church for bell choir practice and I will be taking some tables and an EZ-up over there for my ex-wife. They are starting to get things going for our church fall bazaar in a few weeks.

Angie is having some friends over for a dinner party tonight...guess I have to go Bratwurst, sauerkraut and some kind of harvest soup stuff is on the menu.

GINNY ~ I hope the weather is a nicer for you than they say! It is going to be a gorgeous day here in southern California....come on down

ROSEBUD ~ I have been in this house for 29 years...I couldn't imagine having to pack! It wouldn't be too bad...I am a down sizer kind of person...I do have a lot of my kids stuff here in the garage though...all crated. So happy things are looking better for you!

RAY OF SUNSHINE ~ Continued prayers as you go through this tough time in your life

BARGOO ~Prayers See you around

SCOOTER ~Are you still here in California? I hope your visit is going great with the kids!

BLESSED2BME ~

RONNI ~ I hope it isn't too wet and wild for you today! I hope the football games went well last night.

WILMA ~ Great to see you here from time to time...you must be so busy in that exercise room

AZCANDY ~

AUNT SUE ~

IRISWHISPERS ~Prayers that new church comes your way this week!

COURTNEY ~ Prayers for your grandma's health and family too!

TO ALL MIA's

See you all around real soon ! Have a great day
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #102  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Gary - hope you enjoyed your "coffee walk" and the dinner party. We are going to a potluck with the kids tonight - should be fun

Ginny - hope you got your work done! And - that you get to enjoy at least some of the weekend!

Rosebud - I'm so pleased that you found a nice place. And of course, the reminder that "all things work together for good, for those that love God". We get so stressed worrying about things when God can see our futures and cares for us and loves us and tries so hard to steer us in the right direction. What a blessing that your patience and perseverance have paid off with a new home

Sunshine - your faithfulness will serve you well through this trial. God will be with you every step. And we will be praying for you!

Ronni - hope you stayed dry at the football game. Our community members are big football fans too. It seems that the stadium is THE place to be on Friday nights. Now that the kids are out of school, we don't go too often any more. But we can hear the announcer from our house - so we often sit out on the patio and enjoy the game from afar (usually with a nice fire in the pit and a glass of wine)

We had a lovely day yesterday - went to the rose garden - which was absolutely gorgeous! And DS1 took us sailing, which is something we had never done. Imagine that - growing up in a town with two lakes and never going sailing. It was a lot of fun. Last night was dinner at a macrobiotic restaurant in Berkeley. Wonderful food and something we can't get back home. Tonight is a potluck followed by a "discussion" around all of the proposals on the California ballot. Should be interesting. Gonna have to walk a tight rope to not embarrass the kids, but not be a hypocrite either. I do believe that DH and I are a tad more conservative than our children and their friends.

I'm gonna have to do a lot of spontaneous praying tonight to keep my tongue in check. Maybe I better go read James again.

Prayers continuing for all!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:03 PM   #103  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HAHA! SCOOTER there are a lot of things you can get in Beserkeley that you can't get back home...the discussion should be interesting!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #104  
burned out bus driver

Good Evening!
Gary, hoping that you had a really pleasant coffee walk with Angie this am.
We do that too here - although usually it is me and my daughters- my husband does not like to walk all that much. How did the dinner this evening go?

Countingdown- glad that you had such a great day yesterday. Tonights dinner sounds interesting- potlucks are usually lots of fun! Who selected the topic (most usually try to stay away from politics over dinner!). I hear you with having to bite your tongue- happens here all the time.

A busy day...got a lot done, but I am still fighting this darned cold. Now my husband has it too. I never really got "sick", but have been dragging all week.
Oh well, back to the books. See you tomorrow
Ginny
Old 10-26-2008, 08:32 PM   #105  
burned out bus driver

Gee, I am the first one here today? Wow......

Hope everyone is just busy out there and not overwhelmed by life.
We got up and attended the "early" service this morning- Dd's fiance joined us too, which was nice. Other than that, I have been attempting to catch up on so many things that I had let slack because of an insane work load. Parts of the house are finally starting to clean up, but I have a long way to go.
Tomorrow will be a tough day- I am attending two meetings with regard to cutbacks at work for next year. Who knows how that will go.

I'd better get some work done on this computer. See you tomorrow!
Ginny