Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #106  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly-by. Prayers continuing for all. We will be traveling tomorrow, so I won't be posting.

Hope you all had a blessed Sunday!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:45 PM   #107  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ we have had a great weekend. We went into town on Saturday instead because there was a wee party we wanted to go to. It was just for fun and was very informal. WE also went shopping and saw lots of pretty gifts out for Christmas already.

Some nice guys came over and helped DH move some heavy stuff around; he was fretting that he wouldn't be able to get some things done as he is not that big, so I suggested he go ask for help. These guys offered to come over and help him; he gave them a tip for their kindness and I asked GOD to bless them too.

Today was a good day for us too; since I took yesterday off to have fun, I had to do some things I had put off, but they were small. We had rain and NIKO got our white floor painted with paw prints so I had to wash that. He's doing quite well, and knows every command we have taught him; but he is still quite playful and funny. He really tries hard to please us; so I think he really loves being here with us.

We are still getting ready to move; doing packing and sorting and such. I made a big list and am checking them off: so far everything is going well. On Monday, we will go to town to take care of some errands we didn't get done last week.

HI GARY ~ thanks, and yes, there does seem to be a lot of stuff gathered over the 16 + years; I hope we can sort through it all and get rid of some too. Hope you are having a wonderful time at home with Angela and your family.

THANKS COUNTING ~ You know in your head that GOD will provide all along; but in your emotions, you get nervous as time goes on and things don't seem to be going anywhere. I have to deal with my own insecurities and DH's as well; that can be more stressful trying to have enough faith for the both of us ~ LOL! But in the end, all my prayers, and requests, and fleeces were answered. The weakness is always ours: GOD IS EVER FAITHFUL, and He provided for us once again.

ECMOM ~ hope things go well for your at work tomorrow; so will send up a prayer for that and the flu bugs at your house too.

HOPE EVERYONE HERE has a blessed Sunday and a great week coming up too!

Take good care or yourselves and your families ~ your fellow encourager ROSEBUD ^^PRAYERS^^ are ascending for you and yours ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #108  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Just a quick check in while I watch this World Series ballgame.

Last night's dinner party went well. We had bratwurst, sauerkraut, rolls and mashed potatoes with goat cheese. Being "older" and everyone needing to get to bed, I was able to see most of the baseball game last night and watch USC on the computer

My day was mixed today. At 6:30 this morning my brother called me (he is on our job for the week-end 500 miles away) to ask if I could run across the street, along with his wife's brother, and get his basset hound to the emergency vet. He had been having troubles. Poor guy, he was so glad to see me but was really weak. He weighs 75 pounds so my sil's brother and I carried him in a blanket to the car and she and I took him to the vet. Unfortunately they had to have him put to sleep due to tumors in his body. So sad

I was able to make it to church though in time to hear Angie play bells and catch the sermon, I really needed it after our morning.

Angie did some volunteer dog walking at the shelter while I watched some football and paid bills. We took ours for a 2.5 miler around the neighborhood before dinner.

SCOOTER ~Have a safe trip!

GINNY ~ As I mentioned the dinner went well. Sorry your husband doesn't like to walk. To be honest going out with my dogs and wife for a 3 miler in nice weather is one of the highlights of my days. I hope the cutbacks are easy on you...I think this is something almost ALL of us are going through!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK GALS
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:57 PM   #109  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hey ROSEBUD I am enjoying the time with Angie. I saw my daughter on Friday afternoon and night with the jewelry party here and my son is off work tomorrow...not sure why...and he is taking me to lunch at the new deli near us.

Glad you had help with that heavy stuff! Sounds like things are "swinging" your way for a change! Praise God.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:54 PM   #110  
burned out bus driver

A short hello!

Rose- sounds as though Niko did not want to get lost in the shuffle and left you with a reminder of his existance.... What a blessing that you had some help moving the heavy stuff. Thanks so much for the prayers, I need them!

Gary- well with neither team from the West Coast, who would you like to see win the series? My household is split........ How nice that you really enjoy walking with Angie. What a blessing!

Safe travels, Counting down.

Got to my WW meeting - down 1.6 #, which I am so thankful for. I put my mind to it this past week.....snuck in a walk this am too.
Gotta go back to work, see ya tomorrow!
G
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #111  
livin life

S/C/G: 153/149/125

Height: 5"4

Hey everyone! Just wanted to drop in and say a quick hello when life slows down a little bit I would love to go in to a few details about myself, and would love to get to know each of you a little better! We just happen to be in some crazy times right now Everything is well here and I have been dropping in to catch up on everyone. Be blessed this week! Ps Gary sorry about the bros dog...
ray of sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #112  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

I was off work today so I took the dogs out for 3.5 miles early this morning then did a couple more on the treadmill. Even though I am doing chores and stuff around the house...code word for napping....chores I tend to not lose near the calories I do at work...plus I eat stuff I don't at work. At work I eat decent, usually a turkey sandwich, yogurt, granola bar, chicken soup and a piece of fruit between break and lunch. At home it might be nachos!...OK...it will be nachos!

My son had a day off from teaching to do some of his errands...he was owed a day from some extra work he had done for his department over a Saturday...called me yesterday to see if I was off, so we met at the deli for lunch. Glad I did those 5.5 miles this morning because the sandwich...which was 1/2 of one and potato salad I had I am sure was 800 calories....so good!

Cleaned out the pantry in the garage today, was able to fill a bag up with decent canned food and pasta sauces that Angie and I will not eat in time, for the give-away pantry at church. I have a big problem buying BBQ sauce, salad dressing and such when it is on sale $1....just how many do I really need Then I jumped into the fridge and got rid of condiments...our family is big on thousand island-ranch-honey mustard-vinaigrettes-spritzers salad dressings and honey-hot-Dijon-regular-brown-spicy mustard and every kind of hot sauces and salsa you can find around here....but now with just Angie and I it was time to move it out....good or not!

Making a chicken, pears, apples and rosemary dish tonight that my daughter recommended for dinner tonight, Angie is teaching yoga for the teachers at her school this afternoon then is going to the yoga joint to work the desk before dinner.

GINNY ~ Normally I would pull for the Phils in the Series since they beat my DODGERS and I am a National League kind of guy...but I have a friend in our baseball thread that is a RAYS fan and we (the losers) have all pretty much decided to root with her. Great job on the 1.6 gone forever!

RAY of ~It will be nice to know you better. Thanks for the condolences on my brother's dog...TUBBY was a cool dog...I miss him too!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #113  

Hi all - a bit jet lagged, but we made it home safely

Gary - sorry about Tubby - losing a pet (even a relative's pet) is always hard - and - congrats on keeping a balance between exercise and eating while you are at home. It IS hard to break what has become routine and be successful.

Sunshine - I'm also looking forward to getting to know you better. I have enjoyed your posts here

Ginny - CONGRATS!!!!! down 1.6 is AMAZING. And walking was/is my favorite exercise. Some folk poo-poo it - as not real exercise, but - for me - it was/is at GREAT way to lose weight and stay healthy!!!

Rosebud - so glad the packing is going well - and that you found a home where Niko will fit in nicely. And - thank you for the reminder to pray for those that help us. Too often I rush through the day and don't offer up those simple prayers. Your reminder is timely as we traveled and met many helpful strangers today.

OK - drum roll - I am delighted to announce that we spent 9 days in Oakland - SF - took the kids out to eat at least once each day - and I lost .4 lbs - yes - 4 tenths of one lb! Now that may not seem like much - but - the "old" me would have gained 5 to 10 lbs. So - my 124.6 is lookin' mighty fine

Thank you all for your prayers for safe travel. We actually went through some snow showers on the way home - it was kind of a rude reminder that winter is coming. I miss the 80 degree California sunshine already! Gary - you are blessed!!!

Prayers continuing for all!
Blessings!

Laurie

Last edited by CountingDown; 10-27-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #114  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
......... I miss the 80 degree California sunshine already! Gary - you are blessed!!!...Laurie
I certainly am...and about the weather...we think it is brrrrr....cold up there in the bay area!

My dinner of chicken-apples-pears-leeks and rosemary was a hit with Angie...she has already packed leftovers for her lunch!! Oh yeah!! I'm the man!!...lol

Last edited by EZMONEY; 10-27-2008 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:48 PM   #115  
burned out bus driver

Gee, Gary, your dinner sounds great!

Sorry, I am a burnout......almost 3 hours of board meetings tonight- some of us will be losing our jobs....not a pretty site. My job should be ok, perhaps some reduced hours. I just have to remember WHO is in control of this mess and keep my eyes on Him.
G'nite
ECmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:45 PM   #116  
livin life

Oh my gosh... i missed your 1.6 lbs ginny congrats I love checking in and reading everybodys posts.....
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 PM   #117  
livin life

OHHH and counting congrats....to lose weight when out of town is real dedication ps thanks for saying that ... its always nice to hear nice things
Old 10-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #118  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, hello, everyone! We had a busy weekend, but it sounds like we weren't the only ones who did

Ginny-congrats on the weight loss! It's always great to have a losing week, unless it's football, of course. Very sorry about the job situation, but you're right-God is in control and will always help with your needs (enough hours at work and finances). Prayers continuing for the situation

Counting-glad you made it home safely and had a nice trip-lost weight too- It's nice when your 'new' eating is enough of a habit that you can lose even in different surroundings and situations!

Gary-so very sorry about your brother's dog. I'm sure they were very glad you could be there to help out, even though it turned out so sad. Glad, though, that you got to spend time with the kids and the baby! I'm sure Angie is enjoying having you home now too-enjoy the downtime!

Ray of sunshine-prayers continue for your situation. I ran across this saying the other day: "God does not give us what we can handle; God helps us handle what we are given." Keep Him in focus and you can get through anything (after the year my family's had, I feel like I'm becoming an expert on this)

Football Friday was cold, but the rain quit and the boys ended the regular season undefeated! They took the division championship and are 1st seed going into play-offs. First play-off game is Wednesday evening (which has many upset, but I guess there were no other options this time) and our team gets home-field advantage (not that it really matters-they are so good this year!) The coaches were practicing DS2 this week, so he may even get to play in the play-off game. He has gotten so much better and faster-wrist healed up fine and I'm so proud of him for sticking with it, even when he wasn't getting to play in the varsity games. Who knows what next year will bring, with his determination to keep at it!

Getting ready for our church's Halloween-alternative party-lots of games, prizes, food, and, of course, candy for the kiddies to take home! DH and I take photos and print them at the party for the kids to take home-it's really been a hit! So, I've got to get the cameras ready and bake cookies before Thursday.

Also, have to give a deposition on Thurs. morning about the car 'accident' we had almost 3 years ago. I'm really not looking forward to it, but I'm really tired of dealing with all the stuff that came from this incident. It would have just been so much easier if the offending driver's insurance adjusters had been honest and honorable and willing to compensate us fairly for all our claims from this, but right now, we're in the red financially because someone else ran a stop sign and hit us. Unbelievable! And, the insurance company that won't pay on our claims is now involved in sponsoring nascar racing-something just doesn't seem right in that Hopefully, they'll see that they are going to have to make right on this, especially since DS3's doc says that the injury causing his pain probably happened in the accident (that's when it all started). I'm praying for patience and a right attitude for this, because I really hate insurance companies and I'm so tired of the run-around they've been giving us, along with their lies. Sorry for the rant

Have a great day everyone! Hi to all the mia's.
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #119  
livin life

Ronnie I am really sorry you are going through all of this STILL ... 3 years is along time to wait for justice.. I pray God would give you justice after all your pain! I hear he is in the business of giving us double for our trouble So I pray you get your double Everyone else have a blessed day I am going to spend today with the Lord and ask for some help during this time.. it is a time when you cant ask anyone else for help only the Lord can help us out! God Bless
Old 10-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #120  

Sunshine - prayers continuing for your situation. I hope your day was peaceful and spirit-calming.

Ronni - congrats on the football scene. That is awesome. Keep us posted on how the playoffs go Extra prayers for you this week regarding the deposition. Hopefully, it will be over soon - with a positive resolution.

Ginny - prayers for your school district. We have had similar discussions here. I hope your hours on not cut! These are stressful times for so many right now. We have a record number of homeless kids in our school district. And the food pantries are experiencing record numbers of visitors too.

Gary - hope you had a great day being at home. Hopefully work opportunities will arise soon.

Hello to everyone else. I'm gonna try to get to bed early tonight. And - I'm still doing some research on who to vote for for judges and the like here in MI. Thankfully, there are some organizations that have websites to help.

Hope you all had a blessed day. Prayers ascending!