Old 02-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Question First Place Anyone????

I was wondering if anyone was using the First Place plan??

I recently picked up the book after a few ladies suggested it. I have been very surprised!

Having been a Christian for many years I guess I never really thought that God was interested in my weight~I was just sure that He had other important things to tend to.

This book has sparked a flame in me~I really do feel that the information inclosed in this book is what God wants me to know.

So far I have only been reading the book~I do have one of the Bible Studies that I plan on doing. I just want to finish the book.

The use of Holy scripture in this book is amazing!! I am in the process of writing the scriptures down and putting them in my office cubical and around my home.

I know that once I get myself in alignment with Gods Word all things will come together.

Blessings & Smiles~
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey,
I follow the First Place plan. it's great!

Reba
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 287/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5.5"

Smile

Reba~
Do you attend one of the groups or are you doing this on your own??
Which of the Bible studies are you using?
I'm going at this on my own~I wasn't able to locate a local group here.
Any helpful hints for me?
mgf~
MyGirlFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/241/150

Height: 5'5"

I have been part of a group, I have led a group. Right now, my local group is in a sort of hiatus... but I am involved with an online group.
RebaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM   #5  
Blessed

S/C/G: 292/277/146

Height: 5' 4"

Default First Place for me 2

I have picked up several First Place books at a local second hand book store. I am really personalizing my plan. It has been a long time since I have attempted to lose wt. I think the key is implementing changes slowly and turning them into routines. I have a lot of weight to lose but with God's help I know anything is possible.
LadySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/222/160

Height: 5'6"

I am new to using any forum, but found your post while searching for First Place. I also found no groups in my area, but noticed you mentioned an online group. Are you able to share where that site is?
bkmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:14 AM   #7  
Blessed

S/C/G: 292/277/146

Height: 5' 4"

First place's website is firstplace.org

I hope this helps.
LadySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #8  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I've been part of FP since January. I know, without a doubt, that letting God take control of my weight loss has been the key to success for me. It was a really hard thing for me to give up, but it's been great! I know it sounds cliche, but although the weight loss has been fantastic it comes in at a very distant second to the spiritual growth and healing I've experienced. Christ is finally so real and present in my everyday life. I've been a Christian for years, but doing these studies and learning to listen when God speaks has matured my faith in ways I couldn't have comprehended 9 months ago. It's been really phenomenal.

The first study I did was Giving Christ First Place, the second was Everyday Victory for Everyday People and now I'm on week 7 of Making Wise Choices. Next up is Choosing Thankfulness, in honor of the holiday season.

I was part of a group for the first two sessions, and it was great. I had to stop going and now I meet with one other lady I met in my group who also stopped attending the meetings. We get together once a week and go over our Bible study, our Commitment Records (one of the very best parts of the plan, IMO) and pray for each other. I'm also a long distance accountability partner to my sister in law.

To close, I want to say that I love the Scripture memorization part of the plan (even though I'm lousy with it sometimes!) It's so awesome to have God speak that scripture to my heart when I'm in a tempting situation.

PM me if you'd like to talk more, I tend to spend most of my time in the 100lb club. I just happened to wander over here tonight!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #9  
Loved By Him

First Place has great devotionals. I'm working on Healty Boundaries. I think that any of the First Place books are great. I have done Victory for Everyday People, Life Under Control, Life that Wins, Seeking God's Best, Pathway to Success, part of Giving Christ First Place. First Place has more workbooks too! I like getting the Winning Words for Losers daily e-mails also. They really get you focusing on God and letting Him help you thru your whole life. Living Well by Carole Lewis is also a great blessing to add to your quite time with God.

I've been blessed in loosing weight because of God's working thru me and using First Place to help me grow more in my spiritural walk with Him.

I will continue to use First Place Studies because they are very balanced!

Keep on losing for Him!
Biker Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM   #10  

Smile First Place Works

I have been doing the First Place Christ-Centred Total Health Program since 2002 and have been very pleased that i found this great program.

I have recently come off all heart medication, high blood pressure is not a problem for me anymore, my cholesterol has dropped in the last 12 months, i am not diabetic (I was prediagnosed in Aug 07 as prediabetic but recent blood work shows i dont have diabetes). I have lost 4 dress sizes since being a part of first place program.

I lead a online group for AUstralian and Oceana members for First Place. i have inpast lead several local groups in Australia.

First Place is a balanced program and it helps you focus on God daily to have him in first place. He will help you lose the weight and you will get support in HIS time frame. We learn to have balance in all areas of life emotional, mental, physical and spiritual just as the program states.

I have seen many members lives change for healthier lifestyle habits and deeper more personal walk with God through the program.

It works when you follow the program as it is written.

You will enjoy the meals and the studies include 2 weeks worth menus with recipes, weight loss is achieved through regular exercise and healthy eating plan, support is given through encouragement and prayer, bible study, scripture reading, prayer and memory verse are also a major part of this program, food tracker and weight loss charts are also included.

If you are interested in joining the USA/Worldwide Online Groups contact
outlookministry.net

If you are interested in joining or starting a local group in Australia contact
firstplaceaustralia

for further information on First Place program see firstplace.org

NEW First Place local groups can begin with 3-5 members in church or home setting. Each member is required to have a member kit and study from resources supplied. a group leader kit is used to facilitate the program with step by step instruction on how to run the 13 weekly sessions. over 1/2 million people have joined first place since 1980s and had success. its one of the premier wellness and health programs there is plus you get the spiritual aspects.

You wont be dissapointed if you commit to doing your part, let God do his, and have the group for support.
fpaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM   #11  

Smile First Place Works

I have been doing the First Place Christ-Centred Total Health Program since 2002 and have been very pleased that i found this great program.

I have recently come off all heart medication, high blood pressure is not a problem for me anymore, my cholesterol has dropped in the last 12 months, i am not diabetic (I was prediagnosed in Aug 07 as prediabetic but recent blood work shows i dont have diabetes). I have lost 4 dress sizes since being a part of first place program.

First Place is a balanced program and it helps you focus on God daily to have him in first place. He will help you lose the weight and you will get support in HIS time frame. We learn to have balance in all areas of life emotional, mental, physical and spiritual just as the program states.

I have seen many members lives change for healthier lifestyle habits and deeper more personal walk with God through the program.

It works when you follow the program as it is written.
fpaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

I've led several groups and one year I did a break out session on First place at a Women's Conference.
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #13  

Default anyone still doing it?

Hi,

I am new to this group and diet, but I have it ordered and it's on the way. How are you doing on it? Besides closer to God.
halfpint32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:56 AM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

I'm now leading a First Place class at my church and it's going great! I am currently 4 months pregnant, so the weight loss is on hold, but the group is fantastically supportive and we're charting my gains along with everyone else's losses. I'm still following the food plan, just with considerably more calories (went from 1600 to 2000-2200) and have gained 5 lbs in 4 months.

The accountability is great and I can't say enough how much improved my walk with Christ is. Honestly, that's the part that brings success. I know you want to know about the food plan, and it's great, but it's bringing your life into balance with Christ at the head that will make the difference... I promise you!

When I first started I was just interested in losing weight and the Bible study was pretty secondary (I did it because it was part of the program.) Now, that's all been flipped upside down. The weight loss was a bonus and my walk with God has become key.

Give it an honest shot, at least one 10-week Bible study. There's nothing about this program I don't like. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I'm not usually on this forum. I just happened to pop over here (for the first time since October, it looks like!)
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:53 AM   #15  

HI ,

I can't wait to get started. But I have to wait until the books arrive. I did manage to get a copy of The Divine Diet written by the person. I am assuming it is the same thing. I figured that this is the perfect thing to do. I have been searching my way back to God and searching for something to help me lose weight. So I came across this and thought wow, both in one.
halfpint32 is offline   Reply With Quote