Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-16-2006, 09:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default The Uniform?

I just got dressed to go walking ... almost by rote.
My mother's husband works at a car dealership and gives us stacks of mens XL t-shirts and I scoop up sweat pants at secondhand stores whenever I see a pair that's right.

So today it's ... white socks and my dearest darling Avia's, black sweat pants, a big purple t-shirt over a grey snuggy half length tank bra thing and my HRM. My windbreaker, ball cap and mp3 player.

If it were colder, I'd wear a turtleneck (also from secondhand stores) and colder still? a sweat shirt under the windbreaker.

How about you?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm an indoor exerciser only (too many dogs around here and though they all seem to be on invisible fences, it scares the life out of me when the come running at me, only to magically stop at their prop. line. Or will they? Who knows=too much stress for something supposed to make me feel better.)

So I wear a jogbra top and bike shorts. Sometimes if it's real cold in the house I will do a tshirt over the top until I get 5 or 10 minutes going on the treadmill. I have moved my morning workouts to be lunchtime workouts, since I feel bad lowerback stiffness in the morning on the treadmill, and that seems to have loosened naturally by midday so that's when I exercise now.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I take 4 things with me to wear in the gym - any type of dri-fit trousers that happen to be clean, generally full length in the autumn/winter, a dri fit top any colour that I first pick up (I do look odd in the gym with bright orange tops and blue and green bottoms!!!) a sports bra and my lifting gloves. I keep my trainers at work so I don't have to think about that!

Kickboxing is the kickboxing uniform - silky trousers and a T-shirt. On hardcore 2 hour days I wear a sleeveless dri-fit top since the cotton T-shirt leaves me cold BRRRRR! I do have to remember to take my feet and shin pads and my boxing gloves and a mouth guard which means I am usually lugging a huge bag with me on most days! There's also an emergency first aid kit in there, a skipping rope and a can of deoderant and a can of deep heat!

Running is about the same as the gym, but I wear special runners socks. And in the cold I'd probably wear gloves and a hat and a light jacket cos I don't like starting out in the cold! I'll take my MP3 if I'm off outside on my own, otherwise I'll chase DH!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:14 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Pretty much all of my workouts are in the gym these days and it's always warm in there (and when it rains, it's humid--ugh )

On cardio days, I wear shorts, a sports/jog bra, and an oversized t-shirt (actually, the t-shirts weren't oversized when I bought them, but now that I've lost 30 lbs I swim in them, so they've been retired to gymwear! )

On the days that I work out with my trainer I like a little more coverage on bottom and a shirt that isn't flapping in the breeze (so to speak, if only there were a real breeze in the gym), so that I'm not flashing anyone when I do all the crazy exercises he has me do. I usually wear capris in some sort of supposedly moisture-wicking material (ha-ha, there's no material that can keep up with my sweat), the trusty sports/jog bra, and a relatively snug short-sleeved t-shirts (I just bought a bunch of prospirit shirts at Target for $6 each!)

I'm always hot, so I hardly ever wear full-length pants and I never wear a long-sleeved shirt. I don't know why it is so hard to find short-sleeved workout shirts in the winter; I can't be the only person who works out in a gym and wants to wear a short-sleeved shirt. I wish I were confident enough to wear a tank top or the jog bra by itself (I'm never gonna have the abs for that, I can tell you); it would be cooler and the huge flop sweats that I get wouldn't be as obvious.

If I do go running outside, in the summer I wear shorts, sports/jog bra, and oversized t-shirt. In the winter I switch to the moisture-wicking capris or full-length yoga pants, sports/jog bra, an oversized long-sleeved t-shirt (these were oversized when I bought them so I probably need to invest in some smaller long-sleeved shirts befored I go running or I'll look like a sail flapping in the wind), and gloves! It never gets cold enough here in CA to need a sweatshirt, but my hands do get cold sometimes.

Oh, and it's totally silly, but I not only match my pants and my shirt, but I also match my towel to my outfit. I actually invested in some new towels because I had bought some red shorts and didn't have any towels to match. When I buy new workout shirts, I always think about which colors will match my workout towels.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 12-12-2006 at 08:40 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And a toque, scarf, mitts and sunglasses
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

dri-fit all the way....

champion doubly dry marathon bra, dri fit top, wicking pants or shorts, dri-fit socks, baseball hat, shades in summer, camelbak if im going long. and shoes currently asics. and my garmin.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 AM   #7  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

For weights I wear any old trousers and an old race t-shirt usually, with a sports bra.

For cardio in the gym either capris or shorts, in wicking material with a short sleeve or tank top (and sports bra). I put longer tracksuit bottoms on to get to the gym then take them off when I get there. Occasionally I wear a top with a built in bra.

For running outside it depends on the weather, at the moment it's running tights of appropriate thickness, a long sleeve top (either fleecy or not depending on the weather), or a short sleeve top with a rain jacket, a reflective bib, hat and gloves if necessary, sports bra, all of this is proper wicking running stuff. I never run in race t-shirts because the cotton gets too heavy. If I'm racing I wear my running club vest over another top (in summer I might wear it alone).

I usually do yoga in my pyjamas and then go straight to bed once I'm nice and relaxed...
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote