Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2001, 06:44 PM   #1  

Default anybody want to start running?

Hi there, I'm new to this board.

Last june I decided to lose weight after reaching 195 lbs. I now weigh 169 lbs.

I enjoy running, and have read that is is one of the most efficient means of burning calories.
It is also a good way to get out of the house and enjoy the out doors.

Last week I ran a little everyday and ran a total of 20 miles, which is really an accomplishment for me. I know that alot of "runners" run 40 miles a week, and that is my goal.

if anyone else out there likes to run, please respond, and maybe we can get a thread started.

I also like to take my dog with me, so if your dog is your best running partner too, please write!

Old 09-18-2001, 10:34 PM   #2  
Mission: POSSIBLE

Smile

After I get a good walking routine down, I am going to start running again. I used to be in track and I loved long distance running...I can't wait to start doing it again!

I'll let you know when I start!!

Old 09-23-2001, 06:58 PM   #3  

I'm interested in starting to run. I could use some suggestions on how to get started. Currently I take kickboxing classes or walk 4 miles in an hour. I'd love some information on how to get started. Thanks
Saggy
Closed Thread