Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #106  

Height: 5'7"

Got out for 6 miles this morning. Planned walk breaks at 3 and 5 miles. It was a nice run, with some friends. I hung for 3 miles but then they dropped me! I felt pretty good afterward, but can tell I'm still doing this on short mileage.

Breakthrough of the day, after the last walk break, I was encouraging myself with "Only one mile left-piece of cake." "Only." And it was true. So psychological barrier is now gone. I have struggled so much to get back to this place. Starting over is so hard, and I feel like myself again.

My next run is Tuesday--3 miles, and then the last tri of the season on Saturday, a fun little local sprint. Then I revert to being a runner who does a little cross training for the winter season, and put tri away until Feb.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #107  

What a beautiful day!! It's been so chilly so early hear that I was surprised that the sports announcers said that it was 76 in Kansas City. I thought, "Holy cow! What's it like here!?!" Well, we're only 3 or so hours from Kansas City, yet it's 20 degrees cooler here. It was amazing how warm 54 degrees felt though!! It was amazing!

But...even though the weather was amazing, I didn't run well. I bought Dance Dance Revolution yesterday, and I did that yesterday and this morning, and well, it wore me out!!! It's so much fun! I only did 2 miles today, but it's 2 more miles then I've been doing lately!

I saw a "Turkey Trot" 5k on Thanksgiving Day that I'm going to try. I hope I can train enough between now and then to accomplish it!

I hope you're all having great weekends!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:51 AM   #108  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

I completed my 17-miler on Saturday morning! woohoo

I ran 9 miles of it outside in our neighborhood because it was such a nice morning (sunny and cold!!) and the remainder inside on my treadmill. I am still definitely sore!! But I am definitely much more confident that I will finish the marathon!

I have a half this weekend so i'm definitely looking forward to that

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 08:06 AM   #109  
Caden's Mommy

I got in 6 miles last night...my knee has not been acting too good lately...I am a little worried about it but I think it will be ok for the most part

This week shouldn't be too strenuous since I have my Half on Sunday.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #110  

Height: 5'7"

I had an exceptionally cr@ppy run this morning, that I shortened up to 1.8 miles. I have a 20 minute rule for exercising that I put in place when I started losing my weight in 2002--if I don't feel like it, do it for 20 minutes and then if I still don't feel like it, I can quit. I've quit maybe 3 times, since usually whatever issues there are work themselves out. Not this morning, and I called the 20 minute rule. Not sure why, but I just felt awful this morning. Nothing seriously wrong, just no energy whatsoever. I guess it happens. Sigh.

Next run is 3 miles as part of my tri on Saturday. Here's hoping that doesn't stink as well.

Happy running!

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hey ladies,

I signed up for a half marathon in February. The most I've run so far is a 10K, and since then I've run 6 miles a couple of times (last time was a couple of weeks ago). I consistantly run 3-4 miles a couple of times a week with spinning and weight training thrown in.

Appreciate any advice you have to give.

Thanks,

Sarah
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:39 AM   #112  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

You've got plenty of time to build up, just try to get into the habit of having one long run a week and extending that a bit each time. You don't need to make it all the way up to 13 miles before the race, I know people who have run all the way in a half after doing a longest run before the race of 9 miles, my longest run before my first half was a bit longer at 12 miles though. Keep on popping in here and let us know how you're doing.

I haven't run for ages, I've been feeling really rough and haven't been able to face exercise. Hopefully I'm feeling better today (I am at the moment, but I tend to get worse through the day), and I'll be able to run with running club this evening. I'm meant to be doing a 10 mile race at the weekend too, so I want to feel better for that.

I think I've decided on my next marathon! It's at the end of May, and it works really well with the rest of my plans so I think I'll probably enter that soon.
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #113  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

I haven't posted in a couple months...I had a break of several weeks from running because of holidays, but when I returned from them I joined back up again with a Learn to Run group. But now I've joined a 5k running group to finally push myself a little further...(previously I had tended to get comfortable with the amount I could run and didn't push myself beyond that). I've only done one week with the 5k group but so far I am enjoying it! We started at 4 sets of 5 minutes running, 1 minute walking. This week though, we bump it straight up to a couple sets of 10 minutes running, 1 minute walking. I'm pretty darn slow, but there are a few others at the back with me, so I'm not alone.

One side result of enjoying running with these groups outside is that I've discovered that I no longer enjoy running on a treadmill (when only a few months ago the treadmill was my comfort zone and I wouldn't even consider running outside!!)...unfortunately for me, the winter is coming (and it's so dark whenever I'm not at work) so I'm either going to have to learn how to run in the snow and ice or I'm going to have to become friends with the treadmill again.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #114  
Caden's Mommy

Welcome Sarah

Are you running the Cowtown Half? I ran that earlier this year and I loved the course - it was really cool running through the historic district of Fort Worth and it was pretty flat too

YP is right - you don't have to run the full distance in your training to be ready for it. I think the most I ran before my first half marathon was 10 miles. You have so much energy and adrenaline on race day that it's a lot easier than you think!

Depending on how my races go for the remainder of this year, I am planning on doing the Cowtown Half again.

Good luck!