Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:29 AM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Question exercise question

Ok, I've been on my diet for 2 weeks now and have lost 12 pounds. Now I have started my menstral cycle and unfortunetly unable to exercise because exercising during "my days" causes me to bleed A LOT. I can't even walk for extended amounts of time. Do you know any light exercises that maybe WON'T affect my cycle? Like some sitting down exercises or something?
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:33 AM   #2  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

How about yoga? I try to do yoga at least every other day during my time of the month - it helps a lot with the cramps and back pain, and doesn't have any impact, really, so that might work. I know it's not exactly a fat-burning exercise, but flexibility is important, and it can help you build strength, and I always just feel so good afterward. Hope this helps, and congrats on your weight loss to date!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:03 AM   #3  

You might want to try getting a stability ball and some free weights, that way you can sit on the ball and work your core muscles and the free weights to work your arms etc without it being to hard on your entire body. Hang in there.
Glasgowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  

my monthly is bad too and I usually don't do very much. I have these tapes I love called Yoga Booty Ballet that work nicely. Also swimming and bike riding if you are feeling up to it. The hardest part (for me) is not letting the diet slip!
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

How about weights? Do you do any weights now? If you find it is movement that is causing the heaviness, maybe weights could be your answer.

Also, depending on what you mean by a lot, you might want to try to grin and bear it. I think I am the queen of doing that. I've had moments where I wanted to cry because it just wouldn't stop. Going to the bathroom every 30 minutes throughout a day isn't pretty and not being able to sleep for extended periods of time isn't either. I would recommend double protection and exercising later in the day instead of earlier when your body is trying to play catch up from lying down while you sleep.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #6  
No description available.

I would also recommend a visit to your local gyn provider. If you are bleeding so much that it is interfering with your life, you may want to review the multiple options available to assist with that.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:59 AM   #7  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Thanks all for the ideas. I have been to the doctor a few years ago and I've been diagnosed with PCOS. The main cause of my bleeding heavily.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:34 AM   #8  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Yup, I have PCOS as well. It is a pain, but the good news is that as you lose weight, it should improve. Not that I've seen much improvement yet but I'm hoping
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote