Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-24-2006, 08:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Question Evening All~X Box/PS2 ??s

Has anyone used the Dance Dance Revolution game (for Playstation & X Box etc) to exercise? I wasn't able to go for my walk today & ended up spending the evening alone at home. I didn't want to skip my workout so I *my kids'll be shocked* read the directions & set up the X box. The version we have of DDR has a workout mode where you can enter your name & weight & the program will track the colories you burn while you play the game. So I *gulp* entered my info & had a great time for nearly an hour. I'm not very coordinated & am extremely self conscious but I had fun & will probably do this again.Does anyone else use any type of console game type exercise program? I saw on Amazon that there are exercise 'games' out there, but I wonder how good they are.
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:59 PM   #2  

I don't have DDR (but wish I did). I do have Yourself!Fitness and Kinetic for the PS2. I enjoy both, but I need a ton of variety in my exercise routine (I get bored so easily) that I infrequentely use them, especially when the weather is nice. If you're interested in either Yourself!Fitness or Kinetic, let me know!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 04:58 PM   #3  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

DDR is awesome!! I've been playing it for years now so I'm pretty good (I can play most songs on heavy but the real fast ones are very hard with my asthma) and I play it on occasion to put some variety in my workout (I, too, get bored really easily). The more you do it, the better you'll get and the more fun it'll be
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Yay!

Thanks for the feedback, iowasteph2 & lessthansign3! I really enjoyed it & plan to do it at least once a week to add some variety. If I decide to add more exercise 'games' I'll post again & ask around.
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote