Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Default Not Sure How to Count It..

Hi Everyone! It's wet and dreary day here in NY. Hope it's better weather where you are! Just a quick question for ya'll. I have been doing exercise classes for the past two weeks and honestly I am not sure how to record them. For example:
[LIST=1]
  1. Monday I do an 1 hour Abs and upper body class (this includes crunches out the wazoo -in various forms as well as free weights and push ups)
  2. Tuesday is a 1 hour intense fast paced bosu (bottom side up) class- I think you can compare it to step aerobics but instead you use the bosu ball then I will do a Pilates class
  3. Wednesday is 1 hour on the elliptical (I got this one as cardio that's the easy one)
  4. Thursday is a Body ball class followed by the Bosu class
  1. Friday is off
  2. Saturday is Elliptical again and Pilates
  3. Sunday is Bosu class

I ask because I keep reading that you should do X amount of cardio X amount of days and weight training X amount X times a week and I am honestly just lost as how to count each class. because all but the abs class, Pilates and ball have a cardio element. so do I could them as strength training?
I am so confused.
crownshape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

WOW! I just reread my last sentence - sorry about that. What I meant was- each class has CARDIO as well as Strength training with free weights- so i would i count it as both? must be time for a snack becasue my brain was way off
crownshape is offline   Reply With Quote