Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 09:59 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Default Everyday Exercisers ~ Monday!!

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!
Old 07-30-2001, 10:10 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Welcome Swan_lake and ageoldie! Hope you find the support that you need in this thread! It's a great place!

As for my weekend... hmmm...no, I didn't get any workouts in! Ended up going to dh's coworkers birthday party on Saturday afternoon, and then to MIL's church picnic yesterday! Isn't it amazing how one event screws up all your plans! I did do some moving of furniture yesterday after the picnic, so I got a little bit of a workout in! I did eat fairly well over the weekend, so I'm not too upset!

Today should be good... I'll go to Curves after work, and then to my last () yoga class tonight! Then, I'll decide tomorrow morning whether I go swimming or not.... if yoga's as much of a workout as it was last week, then I'll need the day off!

Question of the day! What kind of exercise do you really want to try? For me, it was yoga, and now that I've tried it, I'm really glad I did! Now, I'd like to try (gasp!) belly dancing! They tried to run a class here a few months ago, but didn't get enough interest, so I'm hoping that they'll try again in the fall! It looks really interesting, and of course, I have lots of belly to dance with!

Talk to ya later!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I would like to try pilates - but we don't have it in my town. I am not much for video - besided the fact I don't have a TV.

I had a really good workout Saturday (burned 1132 calories) and yesterday didn't do much (a short walk). Today I did PT and I am going to the gym tonight with my DH to lift and stuff.
Old 07-30-2001, 03:51 PM   #4  

Default Uuuuugh....back to work

Hi gang! I'm back after a week-long vacation. We had a very nice time and managed 2 good workouts (out of 4 days out-of-town). However....we also managed to eat and drink quite a bit But, today is a brand new day and I'm back to journaling. Unfortunately, I have PVFS (post-vacation fatigue syndrome ) so I'm not working out today. BUT TOMORROW I WILL DEFINITELY GET TO THE GYM IN THE A.M.

Marvin - yoga is definitely first on my list of new exercises to try. In fact, my dh just bought a yoga video for us to try. I would still like to go to a class, though, since I realistically don't see us doing a video.

Since I've been gone so long I'm just going to jump in from here instead of try to catch up on everyone's posts if you don't mind. I'm glad to see we have a daily thread going .

Welcome to all newcomers!
Old 07-30-2001, 06:01 PM   #5  

Exercise I want to try: Well, BodyFlex sounds interesting and so does Pilates. I want to rent a video to try it out. But most of all I just want to keep learning new Yoga poses and getting better at it.

SwanLake: Sorry, I didn't see your post on Friday and didn't say hi when I posted over the weekend. Welcome!

JustDoIt: Glad you had a good vacation and got to do some workouts. Welcome back!

Morrigan: Congrats on your good workout Saturday. Sounds like today was another good one. Maybe you could find a Pilates website on the Internet since you don't have a TV. It might be detailed enough to learn a routine.

Marvin: Are you going to sign up for yoga again or try to just do it on your own? My yoga intructor is going to be doing a class again where I work from 4:15 to 5:15 so I intend to sign up for that and get two yoga classes in per week.

My update: I have been really exhausted again today. We are leaving for vacation next Saturday (we rent a townhouse). I have groceries to buy, clothes to wash, packing for not just me but the DD too. So I am not going to have a formal exercise plan this week - I'll just do it if I have time. Tonight if I can I will probably jump in the pool for 1/2 hour or so but it's going to be cold!
Old 07-30-2001, 07:32 PM   #6  

Hi Everyone!

Well, I did it. I managed to wear my slinky, black dress and (according to my hubby) look good in it. My birthday trip was fantastic, too. We ate lunch and dinner at a couple of fancy schmancy restaurants on Friday, and the waiter at dinner even brought me a piece of mud pie/cake with a candle in i

I almost didn't go to the gym today, but I'm so glad that I did... a woman who hadn't seen me in a while gave me a bunch of compliments. She kept telling me she couldn't believe I lost so much weight and that I look great now. Sometimes you really need to hear that all that hard work paid off.

Plus I had such a high after that I exercised for 1 1/2 hours!

Stamper, I know how you feel. I was totally worn out before our trip with all the things I had to get done. Luckily, I snapped out of it. I know you'll have a great time!

Jusdoit, glad you had a great vacation, too.

Marvin, I guess Yoga is the exercise I want to try. Body Flex is pretty close I hear.

Copperblu, Stamper, Sherryi and Jusdoit, thanks so much for your birthday wishes. You really made my day! Thanks again!

Morrigan, congrats on your workouts in spite of you having company!

Well, everyone, let's keep moving!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 07-30-2001, 10:45 PM   #7  
Hang In There

Iwent to the healthclub today and did the h20Pump class. It's really a tough water class. I got all 5 of my points last week so I'm tracking for a beach towel at the end of this week.

I will not be able to go to the club tomorrow as I have to take a lady from church to the doctor and it will probally take most of the day.

The exercise I'd most like to try is Pliates. I have a video, but I'd like to take a class and try using the machines. My club offers Pilates classes, but not at a time I can make it.
Closed Thread