Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #316  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I'll be honest. I'm not sure I can find the time to actually DO research. I teach full-time and have TONS of papers to grade if I have spare time. I can tell you things about Iowa, if we go through it, but I just can't commit to any more.

Sorry!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:15 PM   #317  

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/9
Steps/miles for that time: 4
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 31
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #318  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well I was lazy today LOL... slept and read book all afternoon!! Felt good too!

Date: 4/9
Miles: 2
Total so far: 75
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:04 AM   #319  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Evening all. I hope we aren't going through Cleveland during rush hour. That's not a pretty picture. When we moved from Vermont to Iowa we took I-90 til we hit I-80, and rush hour is not fun. Anyways, I didn't get to post my miles yesterday because I was a bit upset. To make a long story short, my ex won't let me see my 2 oldest children or let them come over to my parents since I had been living there. We went to visit and get a couple of lazy boys and the kids called my niece and said they could come over as long as we aren't there. He was going to let them come over, but not go to the show. And then he decided they couldn't come over, but could go to the show 5 minutes before it was to start. Needless to say my niece made me feel badly by saying the kids wished I wasn't there because they wanted to come over. Not that they don't want to see me. More so they can get away from their father. Nonetheless, I feel like moving back sometimes was a mistake and I'm never going to get to see my kids. But I'm not going to give up. I just have to seek some legal help somehow. I am just going to try to put my anger towards the ex to exercising and losing weight. Anyways here are my miles for yesterday and today and sorry for venting.

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/8 & 4/9
Steps/miles for that time: 4 miles & 1.5 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 33 miles
AnnieFannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:19 AM   #320  

Oh Annie, I am sorry about the situation with your kids! How tough for you. Yes, you definitely need legal help as he should not be allowed to keep you from seeing your kids! I am praying for you.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #321  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

Date: 4/9
Miles: 8.3
TOTAL: 101.5

Went shopping BY MYSELF yesterday! Then came home and did 2 1-mile WATP's. I had to stop in the middle and watch West Wing. It's one of my favorite shows and last ninght was part 2 of a really good one. It's only got 2 or 3 more episodes before it's off the air permanently, too. Anyway, after it ended I went back and finished what I had started! I HAD to--it was my Day 100! I bought my stability ball while I was out, but I couldn't find ANY store with the You Can Do Abs DVD. So I went online and found that overstock.com had it for a GREAT price! WITH shipping, it was less than at Leslie's store WITHOUT shipping!! Hopefully it will be here yet this week, but I'm not sure with the holiday.

Have a great Monday! And keep walking!!!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:07 AM   #322  

Wow, Michele, you did great! That's a lot of miles for one day!! And glad you were able to find your DVD! Our total is now at 664. We are right at Vermillon OH
Old 04-10-2006, 09:44 AM   #323  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

Days that the steps or miles were logged: 4/9
Steps/miles for that time: 2.10 miles
Total number of steps/miles, to date in the challenge: 31.34 miles

I did some extra walking before in order to get to 2 miles! My exercise plan for today: aerobics and weights. Also, if I'm at the computer, I plan on getting up every hour and walking around for 10 minutes. That should get me plenty of steps!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #324  

4/9....3 miles.....21 total

I would like to help out with the "research"....I just thought little tidbits of info would be fun. This is what I found on Cleveland:
Moses Cleaveland was the founder. The spelling was changed in 1832 so that the title of the Cleaveland Gazette newspaper would fit on one line!
First city to be lit by electricity, 1879
First traffic light, 1914

Now don't you feel educated???!!!

I went for a beautiful hike with my family yesterday. I wish we could do that more often....
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #325  

Okay...Vermilion Ohio, founded in 1837. On Lake Erie. I was watching some trivia show a while back and the guy didn't know the names of the Great Lakes!!! They are: Erie, Huron, Michigan, Superior and Ontario.
Anyway, Vermilion is the sister city to Paimpol, France. I don't know where in France that is though.
It hosts The Woollybear Festival every year in October. It is the largest one day festival in Ohio, celebrating the woollybear caterpillar which is supposed to predict the upcoming winter weather according to the size and color of it's brown & black bands.
Thats enough for now. I certainly can't do this everyday, but it is kind of fun!

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 04-10-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:05 PM   #326  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Date: 4/10
Miles: 3.8
Total so far: 38.3

Thanks Apple Blossom for the history lesson. Little tidbits about places that we go through help make them seem more real.

I went flying off the treadmill a few days ago..

Please, please hold the applause until after the show.

That has never happened to me before but it was quite scary. I've bruised the muscle in my upper arm and have a "cute" burn from the belt on my butt/thigh area. I guess that is the closest I'll get to a tattoo.

Was I going too fast? Was I faint?
No, I was stupid.
My shorts were not hanging comfortably so I attempted to adjust them WHILE THE BELT WAS STILL MOVING!

My only consolation is that I was not at a gym.. man oh man that would have been a sight.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #327  

I hope you're OK, Jayde..don't be afraid to get back on!!!
Paimpol is on the north coast of France, 245 miles west from Paris...
OK, I'll go away now...
Old 04-10-2006, 01:36 PM   #328  

S/C/G: 221.2/186.4/170

Height: 5'7"

Took the weekend off...
today 4 miles!
Ciarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:16 PM   #329  
Live..Laugh..Love..

S/C/G: 248/241/223

Hey all! Wow we are really moving...I was mia for a few days..and we are leaving for Vegas on Wed for a week. Hope to keep walking though..

oKay Days miles were logged: 4/7, 4/8, 4/9
Miles : 10
Miles to date ..not sure right now....

Have a great day today!... Blyn
BlynC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 08:06 PM   #330  

Date: 10 Apr
Miles: 4
Miles to date: no idea . . . (sorry, I wasn't keeping track of total miles I've done).
Odaley is offline   Reply With Quote