Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-17-2006, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Jazzercise

Anyone out there participate in Jazzercise classes? There is a club close by to my house and I am thinking about joining. They have jazzercise, step aerobics, circuit training, body sculpting, etc...

I was just wondering how this has worked out for others. I usually walk on my lunch break and I have small weights at the office, but other than that, I desparately need to find a program.

Thanks for any input.
beth1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Beth!

I've done Jazzercise on and off for years. Since the mid-90's to be exact, and I love it! The routines are VERY effective, but the emphasis is on fun and health. I've been lucky to always have great instructors. The nice thing is, they get new routines every few weeks, so it never gets boring. The step, circuit and body sculpt classes are also excellent. I just can't say enough about how much I like this program. Basically, it's the only "class" situation I've ever been in that hasn't bored me or made me feel intimidated, as far as excersise.

I should clarify that I quit going for a few years due to my work schedule, and the pounds just piled back on. Within the last year, I've returned, determined to be consistent. Now I'm finally almost back to my old self. I feel stronger, I look better, and I've lost significant inches. You get back what you put into it of course. You can make the classes easier or harder, depending on your fitness level. There are always low impact choices for those that may have knee or back trouble, or for beginners.

Well, I've rambled long enough. Definitely go and try it out. I think you get a free week when you first sign up. Good luck and have fun!
Lainey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #3  

Thanks. I am really excited. I even went to Walmart last night to buy new workout clothes. I will let you know how my first few days go.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i'm not doing jazzercize, although, i'm sure that would be soooo much fun, but i have joined my first cardio class. i love it. even though it is sooooo hard, i know it is soo good for me. i actually have been practicing at home, trying to get in shape for the class. it may be an advanced class for this novice girl, but i have a repuation to protect (in my own head. i think if i don't stay the whole hour or show back up for another class, every one will think i'm a wuss. and i don't want them thinking i'm not serious about getting fit and that i'm not dedicated and a wuss)

so, i practice our warm ups at home. jumping pretend rope, jumping jacks, running in place.....and by having to practice at home, i'm getting in some cardio at home too instead of not excersizing at home. but anyways, back to the point of the story, i think you'll enjoy the jazzersize class. it's alot more motivating to have people in a class with you, than just trying to make sure you do it at home. at home, i can quit when i get winded. in the class, i feel the pressure to keep going and then i feel so proud of myself for finishing the class.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:26 PM   #5  

Default First Day

I went to my first Jazzercise class this morning. It was awesome. I had to pace myself 3/4 of the way through though cause I am so out of shape. I can see this being very beneficial. No one cared that I was a spaz with some of the moves. I just kept moving. I highly recommend it to those who want a good cardio workout with a light resistance workout too.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #6  

Default 2nd day

I went for the second time last night. My legs from the knees down really felt it. Please tell me it gets better. Otherwise I had alot of fun. I had to adjust some of the moves to my ability level.