Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 09:49 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking Everyday Exercisers ~ It's Friday!!!!

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!

Old 07-27-2001, 09:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I am not sure what I am doing today - but it is going to be something aerobic. I can't do the triathalon this year because of my knee, but my best friend is doing it for the first time and is a terrible swimmer. I am going over to give her some pointers this morning and we may ride the bike course (or part of it) as well. It will be lots of fun. She lives in CA and just came up for the race with her beaux who is into it big time.
Old 07-27-2001, 09:54 AM   #3  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Wink Happy Friday, Everyone!

QOTD? What are you doing for fun (and exercise) this weekend?

Me, I'm gonna get in at least two yoga workouts over the weekend! Plus, I'm gonna do a lot of relaxing! Sunday is supposed to be kinda rainy and miserable, so I'm looking forward to watching some movies snuggled on the couch! How about you?

Yesterday was pretty good. After swimming in the morning, and eating well all day, I don't feel too bad about missing Curves. I will be getting there today though, because I didn't swim this morning.... up too late last night! Oh well.... I'm going to the pub with some coworkers (after Curves!), and plan to be a good girl, especially since I have to drive home!

Other than that, I don't have much to say, so I'm off!
Old 07-27-2001, 10:35 AM   #4  

I am SO glad it's Friday!!

Today is my rest day, so I'm not planning on doing anything -- maybe a stroll or a yoga tape if I feel like it. Yesterday I ended up getting a bit more exercise than I had planned when I tried to check out a sports store downtown after work -- I got muddled and went the wrong way (it was actually the right way, but I thought it was wrong), then back-tracked, then realized I was actually wrong, then went the right way again and went the extra avenue or two to the address. Phew! With my walk back to the subway stop to get home, I walked at least 9 avenues! Gah!

The good news is that after many failed attempts (most of which involved me flailing around in the dressing room, battling with the instrument of torture that I was now trapped in), I finally found a new sportsbra! <cue angelic trumpets> I'm going back today (now that I can find the store) to see if I can find another one + to get some more workout staples (v-neck t-shirts, black exercise shorts and the like).

Marvin: great to hear you made it to the pool again! Have fun with the girls!

Saggy: let us know how the plateau-breaking plan goes, and have fun at Hilton Head!

Dena: Happy birthday, and I must salute you for being able to spend 1.5 hours on the bike! That's some endurance, not to mention determination!

Morrigan: what a workout! Congrats on your 22nd consecutive day of exercising! You've been doing great!! Now, be careful not to reduce your calories too much in your desire for results </end cautionary nagging>

Stamper: That's great that you got in your workout even though you didn't want to -- that's motivation! I'm sorry you feel blah -- that darn TOM can be a real energy sapper! (not to mention at least half of it is because you feel so bloated + icky that it dampens your mood, which in turn leaves you feeling low -- can you tell i just love "being a woman"? )

QOTD answer (and great idea Marvin!!):
For exercise this weekend I am going to go to the gym on Saturday and Sunday like I have been doing, except this time I am going to emphasize cardio on Sunday (I have been doing weights, and tacking on cardio if I had time) and will try a run/walk on the treadmill one of the two days instead of the elliptical. It's supposed to be really nice this weekend, so DH and I will probably walk to the park or something and have a picnic.
Oh, and I didn't answer yesterday's question: my favorite thing about this summer is sitting w/my husband at my favorite local bar with the french doors wide open and warm breeze coming through, with a summer wheat ale in my hand. That and the FRUIT. Oh, and the boardwalk at Coney Island with the breeze coming off the ocean. Oh, and my early Fridays. And the fact that it hasn't been as disgustingly hot + humid this summer as it usually is in NYC. Huh -- I guess this summer is a particularly good one!!
Old 07-27-2001, 11:44 AM   #5  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Good Morning

I am going to try and complete a lower body workout and a 30 minute walk. I am waiting for Home Depot to deliver the materials to repair my house. We have a leak in the back wall of our house, so we have to rip down and replace the siding, windows and moldings.

Home Depot just called and they're on the way.
Old 07-27-2001, 04:01 PM   #6  

Hey guys, no exercise for me today. I went and had a pedicure and a manicure in order to be a sexy chic while on vacation. Don't plan on exercising until Sunday since I have a 10 hour drive tomorrow. I will do my best to maintain while I'm on vacation.
Hope you all have a great weekend and I'll be checking back on August 4.

Take care,
Saggy
Old 07-28-2001, 07:52 PM   #7  

Talking Everyday!!

Well, I'm new to this thread... But I like to work out to Leslie Sanson's walking tapes, because they are less stressful on me... So, far it does not bother me to work out everday to her... I alternate the tapes around...

I have not really seen any loss since switching to her tapes two months ago, but that' may be my fault for not watching my intakes..

I hope to actually find someone who has lost weight by working out to her tapes... I feel good after her workouts..
Closed Thread