Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-04-2006, 11:14 AM   #1  

Default a little too obsessive

ok, i usually lose about 2 to 21/5 pounds a week. i started curves on monday, and did my usual walking and junk, did not go over my points at all, and i just lost about half a pound. Do you think that it could be caue i added muscle? when i signed up the owner told me that i might see the scale go up. Is this true?
kATIECANDOTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:20 AM   #2  
Meg

Hi Katie! The owner's right - lots of times we see the scale go up when we start working out. Unfortunately, it takes a l-o-n-g time to add even a few pounds of muscle, so that's not it. Chances are it's water weight because sore muscles retain water. It may look like we've gained, but it's just water retention.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW206/CW195/GW140

Just wondering if you could tell me a little about what your "routine" and eating plan is? I'm just wondering what you do to lose 2-2.5lb a week? I would love you forever for any/all help! Thanks!
SoCalMelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 03:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i would love the key to losing 2 pounds a week too. i try to vary my calories and walk every day at lunch and go to the gym, but i am only accomplishing about a pound every two weeks. that sucks!!

but hopefully that will change soon when i start the new gym and participate in the cardio classes.
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:16 AM   #5  

Sore muscles retain water? That's something I didn't know. A welcome fact, though, because I spent the whole weekend dancing and my legs ACHE like anything and I was kind of hoping that a few days of solid exercise would get the scale down a bit but it's being stubborn about it.
Flying Betty is offline   Reply With Quote