Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2001, 09:31 AM   #1  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking Everyday Exercisers ~ Monday!

Welcome to Everyday Exercisers -- a daily thread that focuses on healthy weightloss and overall fitness through regular exercise. Our goals are to stay active, stay hydrated, and make healthy eating choices. We share our exercise plans for the week, and check in each day to share our progress...and our set-backs. Here you'll find a supportive and encouraging environment in which to pursue your fitness goals, and a community of people who share your commitment to fitness and provide motivation and inspiration to each other. Welcome!
Old 07-23-2001, 09:54 AM   #2  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Talking WoW!

I have never seen one of our threads get to three pages! That's great!

So, I thought that I'd start off our new DAILY thread! Hopefully, we can keep up a little better this way!

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time this morning, so I just wanted to post my schedule for this week, along with the promise that this is the week that I'm getting back on track! I've been so slack lately in my eating that I just have to get moving!

So:

Monday ~ Curves & Yoga
Tuesday ~ Swimming & Curves
Wednesday ~ Swimming & Curves
Thursday ~ Swimming
Friday ~ Swimming & Curves

Hope you all have a great day!

PS ~ Morrigan, what a beautiful garden!!!! Now, I know why you spend so much time weeding!
Old 07-23-2001, 11:12 AM   #3  

Thanks for starting the new thread, Marvin! After seeing last week's thread, I think you're right that we're going to need a daily thread!! Wow!

This is my week to get back on track too, so we can do it together!

I'm so sorry, but I don't think I can keep up with everyone's posts from last weekend individually! There are just so many!! From what I can tell, everyone had good workouts though, and also, I guess I'm not the only one who seemed to have a tough time keeping the eating under control last week! Must have been something in the air! I'm hoping I can get my eating back on track this week!!

my update:
Fri: rest day (ate poorly )
Did get back on track (exercise wise) for the weekend though!
Sat: 30 mins on the recumbent bike (the ellipticals were full!) + walking around Coney Island all day (cancelled out by the hotdogs + free ice cream I ate! )
Sun: total body weights + 15 mins sprinting on the elliptical crossramp

And today: 35 minutes intervals on the elliptical crossramp (+ 5 minute cooldown).
Old 07-23-2001, 11:48 AM   #4  

Default Happy Monday, Everyone!

Just checking in to say that I was active over the weekend. On Saturday, my hubby and I walked after breakfast, lunch and dinner. Then on Sunday I went to the gym and then my hubby and I walked in the afternoon.

I will do my Body Flex tape this morning and then go to the gym this afternoon.

I love this thread!! We are really getting healthy!

Here's wishing everyone a great day!
(Hugs),
Dena
Old 07-23-2001, 12:01 PM   #5  

I just copied my post from last week's that I replied to this morning.

Stamper-I hope your back is feeling better.

Morrigan--What a BEAUTIFUL garden. You must spend a lot of time maintaining it. The pics turned out well--are you a professional?

Sat & Sun was treadmill and Sun I also did 1/2 my pilates video; it is hard to finish the entire video.

This week exercise plan is:

Mon, Tue, & Wed--gym for cardio & weights. Thur, Fri & Sat, I will exercise at home.

I won't be posting after Wed until I return from my vacation on August 6th.

I will exercise while on vacation--I know I will exercise a lot while on vacation. I plan on taking some yoga classes & going swimming every day. I will also go for walks up mountains at least once a day. We normally walk after we eat lunch & dinner & sometimes in the morning also.

I will check in later today
Old 07-23-2001, 12:35 PM   #6  
Earth Shattering Kaboom!

Everybody's doing just great! I hope that I can keep myself motivated to keep up with all of you!

I have to admit that I'm getting tired of feeling so sluggish, and blimpy.... I know what I have to do. It's just a matter of getting to it!

Keep up the great work, everyone!
Old 07-23-2001, 03:50 PM   #7  

Here's my update for the day: half hour of step aerobics, 4 miles on the treadmill, and hopefully I will go to kickboxing tonight (45 min.).

Everyone seems to be getting their exercise in---which is great.

Dena--How far did you and your hubby walk over the weekend?
It's like pulling teeth to get my hubby to walk with me. you are lucky that yours in willing to walk with you!

Marvin--I know you will have a successful week and will feel so good about yourself now that you are back on track. Keep up the good work.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Saggy
Old 07-23-2001, 04:42 PM   #8  

Default Howdy all

Hello all. How are you doing? Well, I'm rather new here. Been coming for about 2 weeks now. First time coming to the exercise one though. Hey marvin, where's Nanton? I am from just side of Grande Prairie. I like the idea of a workout journal, maybe it will motivate me to do some more. I know from the past that I have to work my tail off to get anywhere, so i could use all the motivation i can get. I love swimming and enjoy walking. I find the walking around here doesn't really give me much of a work out though. Can you say FLAT LAND?? Not even small hills around here. So, as soon as I can afford it, I will get a pass to the local rec centre and start swimming and probably go on the treadmill and the stairmaster. Well, gotta get going. Talk to you all soon. NISH
Old 07-23-2001, 06:38 PM   #9  

Hi everyone!

Welcom Nish! You will find a lot of other people here who like to walk and swim. I wish you luck with your exercise program!

Saggy: Sounds like between your step aerobics and treadmill & the kickboxing you will have a good exercise day.

Marvin: I'm with you - this has to be my week to REALLY get back on track. I did much better with my eating this weekend but I still have to get back in the habit of recording it in my Weight Watcher calculator so I know for SURE what I ate.

Sherryi - Thanks for asking about my back. It was really only bad that one day and Saturday I think my yoga class really helped. We did "navel center" exercises and that really helps the lower back. I hope you have a good vacation.

Dena: I was at Hollywood video Sunday looking for a BodyFlex or Pilates tape to try something new. All they had were fairly old tapes - nothing on any of the latest exercises. I'll have to try Blockbuster. I just wanted to try some tapes out before I buy. Glad you had a good active weekend!

Copperblu: Don't blame you for not trying to catch up with all the posts. I didn't post for 2 days last week and had a hard time catching up with just that. Hope you have a good week!

My update: I measured myself today and found I had lost 1 inch in my waist and hips! So I must be losing fat and gaining some muscle because the darn scale is stuck. Tonight I will swim some laps and do my arm "weights" in the pool with stryfoam dumbells (it's 90 degrees F here today).
Old 07-23-2001, 10:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Thanks! Photography is just a hobbie. I love taking pics and seem to have a knack for it. (3 years on yearbook and newspaper staff in HS as a photographer). Some kid who never took that great of pictures in HS told me at our 10 yr reunion that I was his inspiration to become a professional photographer. He is really awesome and has a very successful business - went to college for it and everything. He figured that would be what I was doing too. But my good camera broke 3 years ago and I haven't been able to afford to buy a new one (and I cant' get it fixed) - and photographers are picky and only want the best. I borrowed the Digital Camera from the school library for a few days and took those pics.

Today I wandered through the woods for 5 hours picking huckleberries. That is pretty much hiking and squatting all day. My glutes are on fire, my legs feel like rubber, and my back is mush. Afterwards I swam in the lake (rather vigorously) for 30 minutes - then splashed around for awhile and then collapsed on the beach for the rest of the afternoon. I am done for the day and tired as can be.

http://www.fallcreeknursery.com/nurs...leberries.html
http://www.idahomall.com/madeinidaho/giftpack.html
http://www.cousinscandy.com/huckleberries.html
http://business.gorge.net/spike/hcklbrry.htm

The websites above have huckleberry stuff for sale - the jams and jellies are to die for if you are interested.

Last edited by morrigan; 07-24-2001 at 10:14 AM.
Closed Thread