Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-08-2006, 10:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/See Ticker/145

Height: 4'11"

Default CELLULITE - for those 50+ lbs. overweight

Here is my impatient question of the day: How long did it take for you to minimize the appearance of it? eg. How much weight did you have to lose?

While I am thrilled to have lost 2.5 inches in my thigh and 4.25 inches in my hips I still don't look good, bare-skinned. It's clear that they are *smaller* - no doubt. I have lost about 20 lbs. total, along with those inches (not reflected in my ticker because I had already lost before I started Weight Watchers.)

My BMI is still over 37 so I am sure that has something to do with it. I am just FAT, even though the inches and weight are coming off.

Anyone have very dimply legs and butt and have it all kind of go away??? If so, how long did it take?
hotmama2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #2  

After about 40 pounds my butt looked heaps better, my partner says the cellulite has really improved (I can't really look behind me, in my next life I will be a giraffe so I can see my bottom - but then whoever met a giraffe with cellulite!)

My thighs are getting better, I think weight training has helped minimise the appearance. They look more like a plate of fine cottage cheese than the coarse cottage cheese, still horrible but much better!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
After about 40 pounds my butt looked heaps better, my partner says the cellulite has really improved (I can't really look behind me, in my next life I will be a giraffe so I can see my bottom - but then whoever met a giraffe with cellulite!)

My thighs are getting better, I think weight training has helped minimise the appearance. They look more like a plate of fine cottage cheese than the coarse cottage cheese, still horrible but much better!
Great loss kykaree! I think I'll just have to stick with good lighting ) Are there any tricks out there (even if temporary) to minimize even the fine cottage cheese look? (Planning a romantic evening can't you tell? )
Old 02-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Mine is practically gone. I haven't lost that much weight either. I workout my legs and butt a TON though. Also, I think the biggest factor is just genetics. Some people have it at 130 pounds and others don't at 230 pounds.

As far as tricks, do a GOOD self tanner. It doesn't work for sretch marks but IMO it really minimizes the look of cellulite.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:08 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert
Mine is practically gone. I haven't lost that much weight either. I workout my legs and butt a TON though. Also, I think the biggest factor is just genetics. Some people have it at 130 pounds and others don't at 230 pounds.

As far as tricks, do a GOOD self tanner. It doesn't work for sretch marks but IMO it really minimizes the look of cellulite.
I think you are right about the genetics.. and the self-tanner.. I'm only afraid of the smell. Remind me, does it go away after a day or so.. I'll have to remember with my application. I think I'll use my Jergens Natural Glow.. I am so fair but have had pretty good success with that. I think you have something here.. hmm.. if anything I may *feel* better. Think that is what it is? or it actually minimizes the look of cellulite?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #6  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I think it's genetics too. My bmi is now 20.2 and while my thighs are much smaller than they used to be, they're only a little smoother darnit And that's with lots of biking and aquacize.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

I still have cellulite too, although it's much less than when I weighed 160lbs.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

*Confession Time* I tan for real so I can't help you as far as the smell or reccommending one. I know the sun is bad, etc but I live at the beach and go camping in the desert and it's hard not to.

Ok with that out of the way I think it both makes it look better and makes you feel better. Think about clothes, I know personally I could never walk outside with pair of white pants on! I'd feel enormous. I think the darker tan just makes it not so harsh. Your skin doesn't stand out as much and therefore the cellulite doesn't either. And who doesn't feel gorgeous with a nice "back from vacation" tan.

I've heard good things about the tanning lotions compared to the actual self tanners. Does it take long to work? Isn't it gradual?
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacylambert

I've heard good things about the tanning lotions compared to the actual self tanners. Does it take long to work? Isn't it gradual?
The Jergens Natural Glow is verrrrry natural. It is purportedly just a moisturizer that has the tanning thing in it, so it goes on quite gradually and there are not 'mess-ups'.

I am so ghastly fair.. like glow in the dark in certain light so -- hmmm a little color may just do the trick.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:46 PM   #10  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I have lots of it on my upper thighs and suppose I will forever - just on smaller thighs! I have 6 sisters and they all weigh anywhere from 115-160 - and only the one who weighs 160 doesn't have any. Go figure...

Yes, tan fat looks so much better than pasty fat! I don't do it in the winter. I like Jergens Natural Glow now that I've given up bed tanning. I use a scrub in the shower and then mix the tanner with regular lotion and don't have any problems. Occasionally if my ankles are too dry, they get a little too dark.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #11  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

You could always go with candle light for your romantic night, that way your other half wont be able to see the dimpling.
kathyhegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:08 AM   #12  

My mum is 160lbs and has pretty severe cellulite, so I guess I'll be stuck with it. I have been using Johnsons Holiday Skin which sounds similar to the Jergens (I'm in UK so our products are different) and brown cellulite looks heaps better than white cellulite LOL
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas

Yes, tan fat looks so much better than pasty fat! I don't do it in the winter. I like Jergens Natural Glow now that I've given up bed tanning. I use a scrub in the shower and then mix the tanner with regular lotion and don't have any problems. Occasionally if my ankles are too dry, they get a little too dark.
Thanks for the info! Do you eally mix the Jergens Natural Glow even further with regular lotion? The Natural Glow is supposed to be pretty mild as it is (i have found as well). Do you mix in a separate container or is it how you apply it?
Old 02-10-2006, 05:19 PM   #14  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I do still mix the Jergens with another lotion and take the color up slowly. I'm VERY white! Especially my legs - kinda green actually - and I sure don't need them turning orange on top of that! I just mix another lotion in my palm and then add the tanner. On my elbows and feet (ankles) I moisterize first and let it soak in good. Maybe it's just me?
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomTo2SweetPeas
I do still mix the Jergens with another lotion and take the color up slowly. I'm VERY white! Especially my legs - kinda green actually - and I sure don't need them turning orange on top of that! I just mix another lotion in my palm and then add the tanner. On my elbows and feet (ankles) I moisterize first and let it soak in good. Maybe it's just me?
Good tips - I am VERY white as well. Seeing the veins and all. I should try this. Thanks! Oh, I imagine, does mixing with the moisturizer cut down on the smell of the tanner? I know the Jergen's isn't horrible like some of the others, but there is still an odor in my opinion. So, does that help?