Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 10:41 PM   #1  

Thumbs down Oxycise is Exercise @29

[Hi, Everybody!

I don't know whether anyone else except Barb wants to start a new challenge or not, but I'm for it.

I did My Oxycise this morning. Don't know how this evening will turn out, as I'm bushed--it's been a long day! At least one time is good, though, because I've missed for a week or more.

I'm looking for the rest of you back. How long is the challenge going to be???????????/

NancyCOLOR=blue][FONT=courier new]
Old 07-11-2001, 02:16 PM   #2  

Hi,
I've been out of town fallen off the wagon and I haven't lost a thing in 3 weeks- I'm ready for a challenge.

14 days at least...

Who's in, when do we start??

_mothership
Old 07-11-2001, 10:39 PM   #3  

Hi!

I don't know if there's anyone else going to do this or not. Barb (Ageoldie) had said she wanted to start 7/9, but I don't see her here.

I did my oxycise yesterday morning and this morning, but didn't get a chance to post. I know I'm down inches from the last time I measured, but I've got a LONG way to go. (I have also lost 13 pounds in the last three weeks, with Living Well, on the www.healthnbeauty.com site. The O helps with the inches, though!

Let's hope more of us show up. Mothership, at least the two of us can keep going!

Nancy
Old 07-11-2001, 11:22 PM   #4  

Hi Nancy,
I'm all for it we can be challenge buddies

So your weight loss intrigued me and I checked out the link, I read the sucess stories; they gave me an inkling as to what the diet was about, the LOONG info page was well written but absolutely devoid of details.

So Living Well is a no refined sugar with fruit fasts diet??? With deep breathing excercises right?

I'm on the Kashi plan, and I started strong but am having trouble rededicating myself. What is interesting is that the Kashi products are refined sugar and white flour free as well. I found the oddest thing was that after a few days of no white sugar and no white flour I didn't even want it anymore and I was in a really good mood. My chemistry background tells me that metabolically there is little difference from refining techniques, but my body tells a different story. No PMS too.
Anyway I was really bad today, first day of menses, no energy, the kids were acting like kids. So, I skipped breakfast and lunch ate 3 apples then gobbled down leftover salmon at like 4:00. Sent the kids out with DH to "Chuck E Cheese" and had a bowl of Kashi at 8:00. I feel like I'm coming down with something, so let's start a challenge Yea!!!

Really, if I'm not deathly ill I'll try to get back with the program tomorrow.
Body Flex AM- O! PM- a couple of yoga sessions thrown in per week and lots of water.

So how many days are we aiming for??

-Sarah

I was 272 one year ago
I am 229 today
I want to be smaller...
Old 07-13-2001, 12:59 AM   #5  

Default challenge

Hi!

I don't know what happened to everybody else, but I need the encouragement.

Living Well is food combining. It's a little more complicated than this, but you can't combine protein with starch in the same meal, and only fruit for breakfast. In other words, you can have the steak, but no potato with it. The potato has to be at another meal. And eat lots of raw foods, such as salads. There is a lot more on the website than just the plan, though. A LOT of help. Including, with thyroid. And female hormones, etc. I have found the whole website very interesting. And I think the money was well spent.

I ususally have a (green) salad, with chicken in it for lunch and vary my dinner somewhat. Occasionally a large baked potato with a little (real) butter and a lot of mild salsa on it, after a salad. And I have learned to like vegetable sandwiches. She recommends Ezekiel bread, from the health food store, and I put a little mayo on it, then avacado, onion, lettuce, and tomato, with maybe a couple strips of green pepper. Pretty good! I was late getting off work today and stopped and got my husband and I subs from Subway--mine was whole wheat with various veggies and the cheese he didn't want on his. (I usually avoid dairy.) My breakfast consists of a shake with 1 c orange juice, a few frozen strawberries, and half a frozen banana. Sometimes add other frozen berries or frozen pineapple. And a scoop of Designer whey protein, which isn't on the program, but I already had a large container of it, so I use it, too. Couldn't see wasting it!

I'm past the age of PMS, but can sympathize. I have been fortunate enough to not be blessed with hot flashes, either. And I can remember the days of 2 kids keeping me going!!!

I think I was up to about 212 at one time (I'm only 5'2"), but am down to 187 now (200 3 weeks ago). My goal is 130, and about an 8 or 10 dress.

Let's try for at least 2 weeks, and see if anyone joins us. I did do my O again this morning.

Boy! This sure is a long message!! Hope I whetted your appetite a little for Living Well. It's a lifetime program, not a "diet", and I think it is livable, with possibly a few modifications occasionally in the future when I'm slim, but mostly eat this way forever. I sure feel better!!! And look better, too.

Nancy
Old 07-13-2001, 11:57 AM   #6  

Default I'm Back - I think...

Good to see there are still some people on this board. Unfortunately I needed a small break from this. I got off track after the challenges finished and I noticed that I had been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds and 2 inches over and over again. Of course, I hadn't changed my eating habits, which could have contributed to that problem...

But, I have noticed that since I stopped doing it, I'm getting flabby again, even though I'm not regaining any weight....

So, I took Nancy's advice and checked out the healthnbeauty.com site and signed up for their livingwell program. Hopefully that will help me learn how to eat better!!!

As for the challenge - Let's start Monday for 14 days! Do O! twice a Day!

I promise to be in on this one!!!

Take care,
Old 07-13-2001, 12:34 PM   #7  

OK...I'm subscribing to Living well too. I figure mowre support can't be a bad thing. I'm just worried because the Kashi plan has been working for me, I have a shake for breakfast (micro-filtered whey), a bowl of cereal for lunch and a kashi bar when ever I want, then I eat what I like for dinner, I'm wondering if I'll be able to incorporate some of the Living Well stuff into that.
I'm a vegetarian as well, though I do some dairy and eggs and fish.

So yesterday went great I Body flexed in the AM O'd in the evening and stayed on program all day (I ate like a quarter of a watermelon though hee hee). jeans feel lose today!

SO I'm ready to start on Monday!
-Sarah
Old 07-13-2001, 01:23 PM   #8  

Hi Oers!

First I want to say how sorry I am for being away so long! It's been so busy at work and at home I haven't had a spare moment to breath let alone post. I also started the Power 90 workout so I've been busy with that as well. I'm so glad you've kept this thread rolling! You are such a great bunch.

I'm all for the challenge on Monday! I would love to do O in the mornings and then my other workouts in the evenings. I'm really motivated to start back. I really miss the O!

Barbg-Where did you go? Is life getting in the way for you too? I hope all is well. Please check in when you can!

Sarah-I'm really interested in the Kashi plan. Are you satisfied on this eating program? I've been really interested in using it. What plan are you following? I mean where did you get the eating plan from? Sorry for the questions. Congrats on your awesome weight loss so far!

Juliette-I'm so glad you are still around! I've been off of here for so long I feel like a stranger! I'm ready to start again on Monday! I notice the difference when I'm not doing O. I'm so lazy and tired all the time so this should help. Thanks for hanging in here.

Nancy-You are such a trooper to keep this thread going! I'm so sorry I haven't been around. I really missed the motivation and support I get from all of you but it's been so hectic at work I've had no time to post! I'm all for the challenge starting Monday though so count me in.

Okay I'm off and running. Got to make a few more posts and get back to work. Happy Friday everybody! Have a great day filled with tons of Oxygen!
Old 07-14-2001, 11:11 AM   #9  
Hang In There

I really am here!!! I started Monday the 9th with the 2aday challenge, but it only lasted until about noon Monday. I really intended to O Monday night but just plain forgot!!! I did O again Tuesday morning and Wed morning, but Thursday morning I woke up feeling like dearth warmed over so I haven't O'd since. I did try to post one day (maybe Wednesday) but I see it didn't go through. Sorry

Sarah! I'm with Rose, please tell us where you got the Kahsi plan. I love their cereal and have eatten it for a short while, but I never knew there was a "plan" to follow. I'd be really interested in hearing about it.

Nancy, Sorry I've been so busy and blue and not interested in anything and haven't e-mailed you recently. I'm getting better today. One thing is I was out of my arthritis medicine and since my doctor is the one I used to work for, he won't give me a prescription, he just gives me the meds free. That's good most of the time, but i ran out las weekend and both he and his nurse were on vacation all week and I've hurt so bad I could hardly move. But I've got my drugs now so I am feeling better. It's sorta hard to do any exercise even O when you can't even stand without pain. Anyway I'm so glad you are doing so well on your new plan, but I just don't think I would follow it, so I'm not spending my money on it. I hope it works well for all of you, but food combining just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Julitette; Glad your back, I understand completely how you feel about needing a brake. I was that way after the 21 day challenge, but I thought I was up of the 9th, but then that old arthritis pain did me in for the rest of the week. Monday the 16th it is. Two Weeks TwoADay O!!!

ROSE: I knew you hadn't deserted us. So good to hear from you. I've been here, except somehow my post in the middle of the week didn't make it through. That's Okay though, I didn't relly say much. I bout a contrapsion called an ab-sculpturer It's metal bars in a sorta u-shape that supports your head and neck while you do crunches. I was starting to use it when the arthritis pain hit, nut how that I'm back on my meds I plan to start it again. Let's hope Sarah gets back with s on the Kashi plan.

Well I've rambled on for long enough. Hope everyone has a great weekend and is looking forward to starting a 2week challenge on Monday.
Old 07-14-2001, 10:10 PM   #10  

Hi!

I'm kind of glad you're starting again next Monday, as I didn't do my O this morning. Had other problems to take care of.

I'm all for a two week challenge, but I don't feel that I can commit myself to twice a day. My hours are strange, and I don't want to commit myself to something I may not be able to do. If I can fit the second time in any days I will, but I'm only commiting myself for once a day at this time.

It's good to see that some of the rest of you are going to try Living Well. I have found it to be much easier than I expected. I had always thought I couldn't do it, but it isn't hard at all, although you have to make some changes when you eat out sometimes (such as no baked potato with your steak, but you can have other vegetables, and no bread with it, either.)

I'll see ya'll Monday.

Nancy
Old 07-15-2001, 08:14 PM   #11  
Cor

Angry

Hi there! I am currently trying Body Flex. I think it's similar to OxyCise but I'm not sure. I am currently on a very long plateau (3 months) and a challenge sounds interesting. Am I too late?

I lost inches the last time I used Body Flex but this time doesn't quite seem to be as productive. Where can I read up on OxyCise?
Old 07-15-2001, 08:39 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Hi Cor, and welcome I think Body Flex and Oxycise are very similar. No! You are not too late. Seems like the general concensus is to start in the morning and go for two weeks. The info on Oxycise is www.Oxyciseplus.com Glad you are joining us. The more the merrier.

Last edited by ageoldie; 07-15-2001 at 08:47 PM.
Closed Thread