Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 242/184/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sandrea9148 - I know....mine are exactly the same and it's always a little depressing. i just need to quit weighing myself at home. I'm down just over 15 since Jan. 2nd. Treated myself to a major new hair cut/color yesterday for inspiration. My mother HATES it.....really hurt my feelings. Hubby says it's cute. My mother says it makes my face look fatter....nothing like positive reinforcement.
Good luck to you all. I'm trying to get out at lunch today to work out.
Have a nice week-end!
travelchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:03 PM   #17  

Default 4weeks in

weighted today, lost 5.5 pounds and over 6 inches, 4 of which was in my stomach and 2 % body fat.
Yeah! I am ready for the next few weeks!
ldodgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #18  
Tori

S/C/G: 166/153/140

Great Job Andrea! I look forward to my first measurement day (which is this week) and I hope I do as well as you!

Keep up the good work (it seems we both are about the same weight and are shooting for the same goal)!

Tori
tori34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:03 AM   #19  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I gained back.....I had a HUGE case of PMS and was put on steroids for my hips. Now I am on Arthritis meds, seeems like I am always hungry tho.

I havent been able to go to curves for like a week, due to my Hips but I am going here in a few minutes,,,,hoping my Hips will do ok.,
I am just bumming I worked so hard to loose and gained it all back JUST like that.......
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #20  
Tori

Talking

Don't get frustrated...I am sure you will be alright if you continue to watch calories, etc. I read somewhere in a discussion forum to start taking calcium tablets (tums) a few days before your monthly visitor and it will relieve the bloating. I am going to try it and see if works. I hope your hips get better

I weighed in yesterday at curves to track my progress since joining myfooddiary.com (tracking my calories and exercise) and I had lost 4 pounds. I still have one more week before my first measuring (monday) to see if I have lost inches. I do know this, I didn't lose anything until I started watching my calories. It has made all the difference.

Just keep on curvin'

Tori

Last edited by tori34; 02-16-2006 at 09:15 AM.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:16 AM   #21  

Default weigh in

Hi all, just getting in from work. I weighed in yesterday and lost an add'l 1.25lbs and 6.50 inches, and 1.90% body fat and reduced my BMI from 42.9 to 39.10 I feel great Have a good wk.
dawn7672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #22  
~*Dreams Can Come True*~

S/C/G: 238/240/130

Height: 5'4

hey guys... how much does it cost to join curves? because i have a membership to la fitness and if it is less than that, in signin up! my sisters friend went to curves and she lost 50 pounds in two and a half months!! and she only weighed 185! i would love to get results like that
jen1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:18 AM   #23  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I pay 29;99 a Month comes out of my checking account.
yeah I am pretty depressed about my weight gain BUT I been painting last 2 days and still have more to do today, and then have to do carpeting, so I AM 100% sure I can loose it.

I was also very exitet to see that AFTER all requests my Curves put in a 'walking circle" 37 laps = 1 mile....... or I just walk a brisk 25 minutes. I fellt so PUMPED yesterday after my work out *Walk....came home and painted and died at 8 pm lol......

I miss walking in the winter,,,but I really dont want to spend 300 for a threatmill...I gotta have the motor with it

Well off to another GREAT day!! Wanna know why its great?

Because I am alive!!!
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #24  

Jen, your sister's friend's results at Curves are fantastic, but don't bank on getting the same results. Everyone's body is different.

Today was my one-month anniversary so I got weighed & measured. I lost 6 lbs, 1.5" off my hips, 2.5" around my stomach. I'm really excited about the loss and it makes me want to work even harder.

Oh, and here in Boston, I pay $39.99 per month, based on a year's membership.
fruitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #25  

Fruitster
You and I must have started on the same date, Jan 9th and we have about the same beginning and goal weight. I lost 5 pounds and almost 9 inches. I was happy about the inches alittle discouraged by the weight. Curves told me about a pound a week is good. Good luck, keep posting so we encourge each other since our wieghts are about the same.
ldodgejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #26  
Tori

I had my first measuring last Thrusday and ...

I lost 3 pounds and 3.25 inches. I was pretty happy with that...

I am beginning to feel muscles in my thighs and arms that have long been lost and it feels great. I did struggle yesterday with my calorie intake as my monthly visitor insisted that I needed those potato chips (they were good) and with no exercise for the day I ate over my caloric intake for the day. However, I am back on track to day and one day isn't going to break me.

Hang in everyone

Tori

Last edited by tori34; 02-16-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #27  

ldodgejr, I was discouraged about the amount of weight lost, too. Especially because my clothes still aren't fitting any differently. Two of my sisters-in-law did Curves and they said they didn't see any weight loss.

I'm really determined to make it work though. Maybe because I've paid all the money!!

So in the past 2 weeks, I've tried to go around the Curves circuit 3x instead of just 2. Makes for about a 45-minute workout. And I'm trying to walk more -- thankfully, aside from Sunday's snowstorm, Boston's winter has been pretty mild.

But yeah, keep checking in and let me know how you're doing.
fruitster is offline   Reply With Quote