3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   January Walkers - Walking Away The Pounds!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/71309-january-walkers-walking-away-pounds.html)

cathyxxx 01-01-2006 02:18 PM

January Walkers - Walking Away The Pounds!!!!

hope it's ok for me to start the January thread. I'm really anxious to get this going and get back on track! November and December I just barely kept up with my exercise and I am so ready for a new day, a new week, a new month and a whole new year!

I am praying for a few less storms in 2006! ;)

I walked 2 miles this morning :carrot:

hope everybody has a great day! a great Week, a great month! and an AWESOME YEAR!

hugs,
Cathy

Miles = 2

sprout 01-01-2006 02:45 PM

Just found this thread!!

And have just started a new walking program - (a) walking at our Rec Plex - concourse of the hockey arena and (b) Walk Away the Pounds.

But first should introduce myself:
Name: Marilyn
Married: yes, 4 children 4 grandchildren
General: need to lose a lot of weight and believe that with controling portion sizes, reducing and/or eliminating sugar and amount of bread along with walking this can be done.

By the way, can you tell me how to start a new thread

Thanks

cathyxxx 01-01-2006 03:08 PM

Hey Marilyn - nice to meet ya :wave:

to start a new thread - look at the top of the exercise page and about an inch or two down you will see "Threads in Forum" - just above that you will see "New Thread!" - just click on that - and waaaalllaaaaa - you can start a new thread.

hugs,
Cathy

Michele L 01-01-2006 03:09 PM

I did 2 treadmill miles this morning and just finished the Power Mile with 3 pound weights! I'm off to a great start for 2006!

Here's to us!

Michele :wave:

sand 01-01-2006 04:20 PM

Ok, first attempt at this. I assume I set myself a goal for the month then log it each day?week? Hope somebody can help me get it right.
Goal for January 30 miles

buddha belly 01-01-2006 06:46 PM

I would like to join your walking thread this month. New Year's Resolution and all, lol.

I walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill for 340 calories.

Claire de Ravin 01-01-2006 06:59 PM

I walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill this morning in 30 minutes. I forgot how much I burned though :o

pixiefalls 01-01-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cathyxxx
hope it's ok for me to start the January thread. I'm really anxious to get this going and get back on track! November and December I just barely kept up with my exercise and I am so ready for a new day, a new week, a new month and a whole new year!

Haha I am glad someone did!! I was the same as you these past two months and I hope to get back to walking soon so maybe I can rejoin you all!

crk05 01-01-2006 10:26 PM

Hi January walkers!

I have set a goal of 80 miles for myself this month. Today I walked 5 miles, so I'm off to a great start!

Happy New Year everyone!

chaarli 01-02-2006 02:46 AM

Hi january walkers,
Okay I'm up for this challenge I'll set my goal for 50 miles per month, from a combination of my treadmill and WATP videos.
I guess I'll also start wearing my pedometer to work again as I'm on my feet all day and probably walk about 5 miles a day at work.
January 1st 2 miles

Liel 01-02-2006 05:57 AM

Hi January Walkers,

My goal will be 90 miles this month. I usually walk 3.7 miles every day.
I powerwalk outside. Are you all members of other groups here?. I started my weightloss journey 11/09/05 and already lost 17 lbs. My GW is 136 lbs.
The walking does all the difference.

Have a nice day......

Liel;)

Liel 01-02-2006 06:31 AM

Why can't I get my ticker to show. I pasted the HTML code where the small square with the mountain and sun is - on other forums it works??

cathyxxx 01-02-2006 09:26 AM

good morning gang :wave:

I did the 2 mile WATP Express with stretchie band early this morning before getting ready for work.

:carrot:

January Miles = 4

crk05 01-02-2006 01:33 PM

Morning walkers! This month is getting off to a great start - I did a 4 mile WATP this morning, bringing me to 9 for January.

sprout 01-02-2006 03:16 PM

Walked again today!!

This is day 2 for me in my walking program. I have now completed 2 miles - can't believe that 3 years ago I was walking 3 miles each day and now I am back to the beginning.

Hopefully when I have lost some of this weight I will be able to increase the walking. Am looking at completing 30 miles for January and a 30 pound weight loss by end of April.