Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-28-2005, 12:10 AM   #1  

Default Finding workout clothes

is the PIIIIIITS. It's awful. I exercise in biker shorts (which I like from Target) and a t-shirt - I need a different top but when I try on the exercise tops - well, I have a huge stomach and it is pretty gross. I'm wondering if I could try a swimsuit top???? I don't want something tight around my stomach or chest and every exercise top I've tried is way too tight and I couldn't be seen in public in (which I wouldn't be anyway because I love to exercise at home - but still, how do others do it when they do go to gyms????) Maybe that is something I should look into doing - designing workout clothes for WOMEN. I searched the internet some but my goodness . . . to pay $40 for a more fitting tank top. PLAIN JANE. I don't think so. Or maybe I should just cut the sleeves off my t-shirts. Thank goodness finding workouts I like to do is so much easier!

Any other ideas??? Anyone try swimsuit tops????

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:32 AM   #2  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Junonia (junonia.com) is probably the best online source that I've found. A couple months ago I discovered Catherine's (maybe I should say RE-discovered them). They used to have really futzy, old-lady tent clothes, but are much changed. Anyway, they had an awesome selection of plus-sized workout clothes. Everything from jogging suits to yoga pants & shirts--and reasonably priced.

Ah! I just checked online and Catherine's DOES have their stuff online at this link: http://catherines.charmingshoppes.co....aspx?attr=915 I actually have those capri-length "active cropped pants" and LOVE them (they fit kind of loose, NOT TIGHT) as well as the pink top just to the left of them.
NowOrNever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #3  
willysgirl

Thumbs up You design and I will make

Hey you design them and I will make them. I have been thinking I would love to have some too but I too can not afford those prices. I have done sewing for years and have been looking for a part time business to do. That one sounds great.
Jan
willysgirljan is offline   Reply With Quote