Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 11:08 AM   #46  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hey guys "waving" wow only me great to read you !!!

Sounds like you guys are doing awesome

Ali congrats on the 10K and 1st place for your age group is great!

I have gotten back into the swing of things with running This week so far I've ran about 10K and my long run is tomorrow. I walk on my inbetween days so altogether my total this week is 13.6 miles
Old 10-29-2005, 07:13 AM   #47  
Running Babe

"Life happens when you're busy making plans"... I was planning on running the hypothermic half, I was planning on really running hard for the national capital half marathon next may... However plans have changed..I ran my half-marathon last week and wasn't feeling 100%. I also was due, didn't come Sunday, or Monday etc.... Plus I was feeling crappy all the time... So yup, a test on Wednesday and One on Thursday both came up with double pink lines so I am preggers.... My fiance and I are happy about it and I have told my support network since I want their support no matter what happens. I have never been pg before so this is completely new to me. I am excited, happy, nervous and scared...

Anyway I don't have a gym membership right now, however I think I may get one once I go into my second trimester since Ottawa is super icy and I don't want to slip. I do plan on keep up with exercising though... I heard its benefits are awesome for the baby, delivery and even for getting back into shape after...

Took this week off of running though since my foot was in pain... with icing, massage and rest it's almost back. I am hoping to run tomorrow.

MrsD: Thanks, however I don't think I have ever finished anywhere close to first for my age group in a 10K... I am a penguin when I run

Cheers!

Ali
Old 10-29-2005, 08:10 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Sweater Girl, congrats on the pregnancy! That is great news!! And you can definitely keep up your exercise routine just lowering the intensity as you get closer to your due date.

I did a pace run on Wednesday and alternated between 6.5 and 7.5 mph and then did a 3-miler Thursday with incline on the treadmill. I think I may take today off from running and just plan on my long run tomorrow to even out the week.

Anyone doing any Halloween races? They had some cute ones where you can run in costume but my next one is Nov 19th.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 AM   #49  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Sweater Girl, congrats on the pregnancy! Yeah, a gym membership would probably be a good exercise idea for the winter. Pregnancy totally changes your sense of balance. I think I fell at least once per pregnancy with my January babies and that was just walking outside.

Mrs. D, good for you for keeping up with running and walking. 13.6 miles isn't bad! Especially before your long run.

Lizzbabe, the race I did last weekend was a hallowe'en race. I wore a kids pumpkin costume, so it just went to my waist and didn't get in the way while I was running. My running pants and long sleeve shirt were black anyway.

I'm taking my 3 year old to her dance class this morning and running a quick 5-6k while she's dancing. That should give me my goal 40k for the week. Dh will have the other two kids at the pool for their swimming lessons. Tomorrow morning I plan on a 16-18k long run.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Ali,

Congrats on your pregnancy! Runner's World has an excellent book called Running & Pregnancy by Chris Lundgren, plus some stuff online in their women's section. If you don't have any complications, and you feel up to it, you could keep running, although most people do recommend that you don't race. I've heard of people running up until their due date, but it does get hard enough at some point that most people do back off some. Gym membership does sound like a good idea though.

Hi to everyone else. The little milk vampire has started to cry so I have to go. Will try to check back later.

Anne
Old 10-29-2005, 04:26 PM   #51  
Ilene the Bean

Ali -- congrats on the pregnancy!

Anne -- LIttle milk vampire, how appropriate for this time of year

I did a Halloween 5k this morning, my time was 32:50, not great but not bad...
Old 10-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #52  
Ilene the Bean

Ran a total of 12.3k this morning... It was beautiful by the river. I met up with a g/f on the trail and we walk for a bit, then I stopped and had coffee at my mom's, then jogged back home... It was a very good run...
Old 11-02-2005, 07:18 AM   #53  

Hi everyone! It's good to read about everyone's successes lately. Hopefully it will help get me back on track. I've gone a full month without exercising, between work and a nasty flu, it just wasn't possible. Unfortunately, when I get sick, I tend to eat ice cream all the time, so I've gained about 6 pounds. I even skipped my fencing classes 3 weeks in a row!

But, I'm going to the Y after work today and am going to get back on track! I can't run outside any more for the year--the cold weather kills my asthma. But, I don't mind the treadmills, and am thinking of getting started swimming again.

Laura
Closed Thread