Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-24-2005, 11:42 AM   #16  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhh, in that case, $3, I'd say definately buy another. LOL You'll get more benefit from the better ones. You won't have to add up the steps and figure miles. They will measure your time, strides, AND miles, as well as calories burned generally. Mine will even talk to me, though I turned that off as it's annoying. LOL It will tell me every so often how far I've walked.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:47 AM   #17  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Don't give up on walking! With or without a pedometer, it's still great. Biking is wonderful, but regular walking is better for keeping your knees and ankles healthy.

Last thing I'll say about pedometers, I promise. I read somewhere that if you can't get an accurate reading on your hip, try putting it on your shoe. I haven't tried it, though, so I don't know the validity of it.

Off topic... I'm looking at your avatar, and am torn between thinking "What a cute kitty!" and "Oh, poor kitty!"
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 04:32 PM   #18  
Princess Kittyfluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betani
Off topic... I'm looking at your avatar, and am torn between thinking "What a cute kitty!" and "Oh, poor kitty!"

Hee! Definitely not my kitty, mine would never hold still for having a hat put on.
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

Yea I love your Kitty avatar!!

In town here we have an arena where people walk around the perimeter inside the arena... It's open year round as long as there are no big events it's open to the public for walking.... It's kind of nice, although I haven't been there in ages because I run at 7am to beat the heat.... Some high school might have some lit tracks in the evening that are safer than the streets... or maybe even an interior track...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:15 AM   #20  

I started doing the Walk Away the Pounds at the beginning of June. Of course, sticking to it is a different story. But I'm back, and I'm trying to do the two mile one every day. I tore my ACL back in February, and have PT for that three times a week, and to my great surprise, the walking is helping that too.
BeadtBleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:33 AM   #21  
Princess Kittyfluff

I think I've given up on the walking thing, at least until the humidity dies down and our air quality isn't being gauged in pretty shades of orange and red.

I have, however, taken up bowling. And WOW. That works out muscles I'd forgotten I even had! And it's a good thing, too... those are the ones I'm supposed to keep strengthened so I don't undo all the work my surgeon did on my knees.
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:47 AM   #22  

Leslie is awsome I like her videos alot.Lunameow great drop in size there I have not really dropped yet as far as size goes according to some clothes but I have lost.I hope you find what you are looking for that will fit into your schedule for your exercise.
Tina Marie is offline   Reply With Quote