Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-02-2005, 01:50 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Exercise Ball and Core training

Does anyone use dvd's or videos for this? Which ones are you using? Im having a very hard time finding decent workouts for this. I love working out with the ball, but I need the video to keep motivated.

Thanks
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 08:36 PM   #2  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I'm also looking for something to do with an exercise ball and/or dumb bells to work my whole body!!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:50 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Trixie, I use the Body For Life work outs. Simple and easy to understand, and they work But its a book not a dvd.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks, I'll check that out!!
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

I have noticed that Leslie Sansone has a stability ball video out, but I have no idea what it is like. But I like her walking tapes.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 09:50 PM   #6  

I have used the Leslie Sansone ball video and also the "Core Secrets" workout on the ball. (As Seen On TV) To be honest with you, the strengthening workout I like best I bought on a whim from Walgreens. It is an inflatable wedge that has 21 exercises printed right on the front of the wedge and you do each one 21 times. It takes about 1/2 hr. You use weights for several of the exercises. There is an instructional DVD and a large poster included, but I only used the DVD a few times and now refer to the exercises on the wedge or poster and do them while I watch TV. It really is a great workout and was only $19.99! I have lost 10 lbs. in the last three weeks by doing this 3 times a week and cardio (eliptical and tread mill) 4-5 times a week along with following the Weight Watchers plan. I'm 57 years old and feel stronger every day!
sandyjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #7  

hey sandy! thanks for the info!
I don't think I have noticed an inflatable wedge at walgreens.
Could you tell me the name of it?
thanks,
Cathy
Old 02-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #8  

It is called Bodywedge 21. The web page is www.bodywedge21.com. Hope you can find it at Walgreens. It really does the job for me!
Old 02-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #9  

hey sandy,

thanks so much for the info. it looks very interesting. I may see if our walgreens has it, and if not, I do so where you can order it online for the $19.99

I was wondering, about how much space it takes up when it is inflated? I mean how big is it? do you inflate it by simply blowing it up? and I was wondering, do YOU deflate it and blow it back up each time you use it? or do you leave it inflated?

I take it, that it is pretty sturdy?

I tried to find that info on the site, but I don't see it.

thanks again,
Cathy
Old 02-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #10  

Hi Cathy ~ Sorry it took me so long to reply. The wedge is fairly large - probably 3-4 ft. long and 1 ft. high on the upside. It is very sturdy. It comes with a hand pump that I found pretty ineffective. I ended up blowing it up with my own hot air! I leave mine inflated as I have an exercise room that is large enough to keep all my "stuff" set up and ready to go. I hope you are able to purchase one and enjoy it as much as I do!
Old 02-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #11  

Hey Sandy - thanks for the info! that did not take long at all! thank you!

I did see it at our Walgreens and they are $19.99, so now I'm really thinking about it, but I have one more question.

I promise it is the last one :-)

(you're probably wishing about now that you had never brought it up...)

but I was wondering is the surface slick? I mean when you have on your exercise clothes is it hard to stay in place on it? do you slip and slide around while you are are trying to exercise?

thanks again!

Cathy
(the woman with all the questions)
Old 02-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #12  

Cathy ~ I don't mind your questions at all It's always good to find out all the ins and outs before purchasing yet another piece of exercise equipment! Yes, the surface is slippery so what I do is lay a piece of that rubbery non-slip material you can purchase about anywhere. It's usually with shelf liners. It works really well. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #13  

thanks so much sandy!
I really do think that is the end of my questions tho!

I kind of figured after looking at the box at Walgreen that it might be slippery.

But that is a great idea to put that skid proof stuff on top like that!
seems like they would have thought about putting something like that on the Wedge themselves, but then, I guess it would have covered up the exercises that are printed on it.

thanks again Sandy! you have been a great help!

Cathy
Old 02-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #14  

Hi,

The Leslie Sansone stability ball workout is VERY basic. You may not use it more than a few times. I enjoy the Core Secrets set. Also, Suzanne Deason's Balance ball workout is very nice-it's set outside in the woods by a stream-very motivating when you're working out in the winter in NJ! Check at Collagevideo.com-they have sixty second previews of a bunch of stability ball workouts.

Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:20 PM   #15  

Cathy ~ Did you ever get the Bodywedge 21? I'm still using it three times a week and it is really helping me tone up. I hope if you purchased it, it is working for you.