Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-18-2004, 03:25 PM   #1  

Default Exercise DVDs for the thights

Hi everyone!
I have been at my goal weight since this past June. I now weight 139 pounds after working very hard to take off 25 pounds. I have managed to keep those unwanted pounds off so far, and I am pleased about that. However, for Christmas, I have asked for a couple of good DVDs to trim down my thighs. Do you have any suggestions of some really good DVDs? I might add that I jog/ power walk an hour everyday which seems to help. I just want to tone up my thighs, and the jogging isn't really working for that.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much-
CAROL
Carolfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 03:40 PM   #2  

You probably already know this, but I just wanted to point out ... you can't trim down a specific body part by exercising. What excercise can do is make the area stronger, build up the muscle (thus making it look firmer), and burn calories which may help you lose additional fat all over.

Any good general weight training video will include good lower body exercises. I like Kathy Smith's videos overall the best ... you might take a look at her Lift Weights to Lose Weight 2, also the original Lift Weights to Lose Weight. The second one is more innovative as it incorporates Pilates principles, which are GREAT for lower body. She has an older video called Secrets of a Great Body - Lower Body that I like a lot. You might also check out her Pilates for Lower Body. You can see descriptions, reviews, and see film clips of all her videos at http://www.collagevideo.com/cart/default.aspx. Just put a check by her name and click on the Show me the Videos button.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #3  
Any Help would be great!

I'd say for thighs and Butt.. do The Firm.. I have all 3 body systems and they KICK your butt! Seriously they work the legs thighs butt abs everything but base on your butt and thighs! www.firmdirect.com Try those!
Tales610 is offline   Reply With Quote