Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #1  

Smile

Okay this is a new thread for a fresh start. Let's all get back the wonderful energy we had before and get moving those bodies.

I'll post more later but I have to go to a meeting so I'm off for now. I hope to see you all post!
Old 04-06-2001, 04:41 PM   #2  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Default Hi Everyone!

Glad to see a new thread started since I have news to tell..... well, a wee-bit of news anyway. I lost only a wee-bit at my meeting, 1/4 lb, thats why I call it wee-bit news! Anyway, I figure a loss is a loss is a loss....

Hope all is going well with everyone's Friday. Get that walking, treadmill, etc. in this weekend. Now that the rain has stopped here in Mesa I'm getting my walking shoes on! LOL Have a good one ~
Old 04-06-2001, 04:55 PM   #3  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all
Glad to see the new thread and clear the air! Rose, I love your new ROSE...neat and so appropriate.. Nona, I know what you mean about the 1/4 pound. but look at it this way...that is 1 stick of butter! Just like pennies making dollars, those small losses add up to lots of pounds....Made my Friday trip to the gym today...One of their air conditioners was out, so it was pretty hot....surely sweat off some pounds... I had to ride against the wind on my return trip and that was a whole nother workout! Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 04-06-2001, 05:04 PM   #4  
# 3 Fan Forever

Smile

Nona ~ remember ~ muscle weighs more than fat. You're probably down inches and that iron monster just isn't going to show that. Don't you wish WW would use one of those fancy scales that tell you how much is fat and how much is muscle. Wouldn't we all feel so much better! Way to go on the loss, I bet it's really twice as much cause you are doing so well.

Rose ~ I love the rose ~ glad it worked.

Judy ~ glad you hung in there with us. You'll like this place.

Back to Work!! Take care.

Last edited by NASCAR Woman; 04-06-2001 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2001, 11:16 PM   #5  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi All

Thanks for all the kind words. I admit I WAS hoping for a larger loss - who wouldn't be! But I'll definately take the 1/4lb... little by little it ALL adds up

Rose - I like your new rose! Where do you guys find the newer "pic's"? I found my baaa/sheep on this site. Not sure how to get them from other locations. Can you tell I'm not computer literate? ha!!

Judy - Wow! Sounds like you had quite a workout. Hope the AC is fixed at the gym soon - it's more enjoyable I would think.

Nascar - It's great to see you posting here! I have read quite a few of your posts on other sites and you usually have some really great ideas to share.

Well, have a great weekend and I will check in tomorrow after my walk.
Old 04-07-2001, 06:28 PM   #6  

Default doing good

I am still doing good. I exercised today and I am staying within my points.

I am somewhat disappointed in what happened on thread 26. Girlie really kept me motivated last week I hope she reconsiders and decides to post here.

Deb- Did you get the chance to check out ebay again. They had alot of the 3 mile tapes like I have on there.

I hope everyone is doing well. Take care.
Old 04-07-2001, 09:14 PM   #7  

Emmy, yes I did check ebay but I'm going to wait because I did not get the VCR yet. I went shopping for clothes instead I was so happy today. I was able to fit in a size 6 stretch jean & a size 8 regular jean (the waist was loose). I did get some shorts in size medium so it was a good day considering I was in a size 16 when I started WW a year ago...woohooo!!

As you know I have no VCR to do my Leslie tape but I have been keeping up with my walking. I think twice this week I didn't make my 10,000 steps but I did the rest of the week. I haven't done my machine in a couple of days but I have to start that up again. Trying to forge ahead after that stupid 0.5 lb gain this week.

Hope everyone is doing good.....Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 04-08-2001, 02:45 PM   #8  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Debbie~ Congrat's on the new clothing sizes!! It sure feels great when we have to shop for those smaller sizes. For the longest time I was "automatically" reaching for the XLarges, etc. It feels great to reach for my 10's now.... hopefully I'll be reaching for 8's this summer LOL Many congrats!

Emmy ~ Good job on the exercise. Keep up the great workouts

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. I overdid it yesterday (evening hours) on my eating...grrrr... I am OP today!! Feels good to be back in control. Have a good one.
Old 04-08-2001, 03:44 PM   #9  

Default Hello

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day. I went for a long walk today. It felt good in the sunshine. I will be doing my tape in the morning again.

Deb- Congratulations on that size six I can only hope that a year from now I will be slipping on a size six. I would really be happy with even a size 10 at this point.

The scale has been coming down so I know I am making progress on this long road ahead of me.

I hope everyone else is doing well and staying on track with their chosen programs. I will be checking in later. Take care.
Old 04-08-2001, 06:56 PM   #10  

Nona & Emmy-- thanks for the kind words on the smaller sizes. It was a really good feeling considering last time I really went shopping for clothes I ended up almost in tears because nothing fit. A little at a time

I will be getting my VCR this weekend & I plan on picking up the Leslie Sansone 3 mile power walk. I am trying to work on my arms a bit and she uses hand weights on this one to work the arms. I figure I can do both all in one. Still getting in my daily walking but I have been bad about getting on the machine. UGH! I'm serious the walking tapes are the only thing that have kept me interested long enough.

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Debbie
Old 04-08-2001, 07:43 PM   #11  

Default I know what you mean

Hi Deb! I know what you mean about the tapes. I think they are my first choice of exercise because I feel like someone is actually working out with me. I was just trying to decide which other Leslie Sansone tape I should get. I saw she had the 3 mile power walk. Let me know if you get that one and like it. I was thinking about that one myself. You should send in your success story to leslie maybe you could be in one of her videos. They were looking for success stories on her webpage.

I lost about 100 pounds 4 years ago and gained it all back but I have vowed that this time I am going to lose it and maintain it for life. It is a lifelong journey and I feel better that I am on my way. It will be two weeks tomorrow and I am still going strong.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old 04-08-2001, 09:30 PM   #12  

Hi Emmy...I am probably ordering the tape this week because I'll be getting the VCR this coming weekend. I'll let you know how I like it

I know what you mean about the losing weight & gaining it all back. I lost 35 lbs about 5yrs ago & was in my size 3/4 clothes. You know the rest. Once I lost the weight I forgot about watching my portions & put on the weight plus some extra for cushioning. After that I got pregnant with my daughter & put on some more weight. I started WW at 171 lbs at 4'9" last March 2000. I was so depressed everytime I looked in that darn mirror. It was like I was looking at a stranger.. Now I feel much better about myself and my hubby says he notices I am much happier I am in this for life as well. I am aware of the fact that I will have to count points for the rest of my life but I am ok with that. Slowly but surely it will come off & stay off.....

You are doing great...Keep it up & before you know it you will be slim & trim again

Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 04-09-2001, 07:31 AM   #13  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement Deb! I really needed it this morning as I was feeling down but now I feel like I need to get my behind in there to exercise.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. Take care
Old 04-09-2001, 11:29 AM   #14  

Good Morning Everyone!

What a weekend! I was supposed to have a yard sale on Saturday but of course it rained! I had a living room full of stuff so it was impossible to move around and do any form of exercise. I did manage to do the yard sale on Sunday so I did get a workout yesterday but it kind of threw my weekend off. I'm glad this thread kept rolling over the weekend! You all are doing great.

Debbie-Way to go getting into those size six jeans! WOW. I'm a little jealous. I wish I could say that. Maybe one day soon. Sorry you couldn't get your VCR this weekend but you must have gotten some good waling in walking while shopping. You are doing such a great job!

emmy-Good job on the exercise. You are doing great! It's always nice to see that scale go down and those clothes get loose. I just saw an infomercial this morning with Leslie's program. It had three different tapes and a meal plan plus weighted balls to hold while exercising. It looks like a great program.

Nona-NASCAR Woman hooked me up with the rose. I am not very good with computers but she's a whiz at it I'm glad you like the rose. I think it looks great too. I hear you about the eating. Friday I could not get full. Then I felt sick and realized that one of the burritos I ate had been recalled so that explained why I wasn't feeling too well. It figures that I would buy the one that was bad! I hope you had a great weekend.

Judy-Wow Judy it sounds like you get some great workouts even going to and from the gym! It was so cool here over the weekend. It doesn't feel much like sunny California lately. Where do you live? Keep up the great exercise by the way.

NASCAR Woman-Thanks for the rose. It looks so good! Maybe you can let Nona know how you did this. You know me. I'm not that great with computers. I'm glad you're posting here too!

Okay I need to get to work. I'll check in later to see how you all are doing. It's so nice to see so many motivated exercisers out there!
Old 04-09-2001, 06:03 PM   #15  
# 3 Fan Forever

Default ROSE ~

I think your e-mail is down again!
Closed Thread