Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2001, 08:55 PM   #16  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all
Monday ~ gym day...weights & treadmill....It is very warm here now (about 90 today) so there is a lot of sweating going on
Debbie ~ Congrats on the size 6...makes me feel like a cow with a 12! At 5'7" a 6 probably would not be good for me at 62! Anyhow, that is great! I know it makes you really feel good. I want to go down one more size....Am considering including Yoga into my workouts...checking out some videos...
Rose~ I live in Florida in winter and Indiana in summer...which is about 3 1/2 weeks away...I think I am about ready for a change. It will be a little easier walking in a little cooler weather.
Emmy ~ Congrats on moving that scale down Hope mine is on the move down this week!
Later all,
Old 04-10-2001, 10:43 AM   #17  

Good Morning!

Wow! Seems like everyone is doing great with their exercise It was beautiful here yesterday so I went out with my daugther for a walk and then to the playground. I managed to walk 1 mile with her & the rest of the day I managed to accumulate an additional 3.5 miles. Today & tomorrow is supposed to be rainy but I plan on trying to get out again on thursday and friday.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Debbie
Old 04-10-2001, 01:32 PM   #18  

Default Hello everyone

Hi Everyone. I went the whole three miles of my tape today. I usually only do two because I have only been exercising for two weeks so I am quite proud of myself today. I actually felt really good when I finished it.

It sounds like everyone is getting in some form of exercise. That is great! We are all doing well. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-10-2001, 03:48 PM   #19  

Hi Everyone!

As NASCAR Woman said I am having problems with my email and logging into this site today! I could never get all the way in until now. Thankfully I can post now!

Emmy-Congrats on doing a full three miles. You must be so proud of yourself! You're doing great.

Debbie-Walking is awesome exercise and it's especially nice when you can do it with your kids! Great job!

Judy-Florida sounds kind of nice to me right now. It's been so cold and rainy here lately. A little 90 degree weather and some sun would be great! But I'm sure I would get sick of it after a while. I'm originally from Wisconsin so I can appreciate the change in the seasons and the weather. Way to go on working out even in the heat.

NASCAR Woman-I hope this means that my email problem is finally solved. It's a good sign when I can log into this thread! Not much longer until NASCAR! I know you are excited.

How is everyone else doing? I hope you are managing to exercise.

I helped a friend paint last night which ended up being a bigger job then I thought. I have to admit I'm a little stiff today from it. Does that count as exercise?
Old 04-10-2001, 04:42 PM   #20  
# 3 Fan Forever

Rose ~ good to see you finally got in. Yes, I am totally excited about NASCAR. 15 days ~ that is if I don't kill myself before hand. This morning I took a ride down my stairs and my body is killing me. So much for my morning routine. My stairs are concrete and if my foot hurting was not enough, now my whole backside is out of whack! If it's not one thing, it's another.

Debbie ~ doing great. Walking with the kids is great. When you walk with someone and talk to them as you go, you get better oxygen flow.

Judy ~ what part of Florida? Seems like the state that no one really knew before last November (99) has got the whole country knowing who it is now. Between Elian, the election, and Dale's death and the aftermath of that, the whole country has something in Florida they can relate to.

Emmy ~ way to go. It gets easier quicker than you can believe, doesn't it. Three miles is awesome. Keep up the good work.

Okay, so I'm slowly getting going again. This morning set me back and I'm pretty sure getting out of bed tomorrow will be impossible. My stairs are concrete covered with carpet. I did quite a number on the old body. My current morning routine is 5 times up and down the stairs to build some stamina and at night I'm getting back into my airwalker while I watch my shows ~ NASCAR Today and taped episodes of ~ don't laugh! ~ Beverly Hills 90210. I never saw the show when it was on in the later years and FX shows it for 2 hours in the mornings. I tape it then run through it at night. I have to have tv to do my glider and shows or movies I don't have to pay attention to is best. I'm getting there again, but my impending foot surgery is looming over my head and I'm not as motivated as I once was. Hopefully being back here will help.

Okay ~ lunch is almost over. You all have a good day.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:13 PM   #21  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default A Great Day for Exercise!

Another great day here in SW Florida! Water aerobics & a 3.5 mile walk on the beach today. Got to keep the body moving to keep it from rusting
Emmy ~ You will be doing 5 miles before you know it! It gets easier all the time. What do the walking tapes do? I walk to my country music radio station. Brooks & Dunn and Shania can really get me going :
Nascar ~ Sorry about your tumble down the stairs...You will probably really feel it in a few days, or tomorrow when you can't get out of bed! We live in Fort Myers Beach and you are right, everyone had eyes on Florida this year! We also live close to Indy in summer and follow Nascar. We went to Brickyard last year and always go to Brickyard time trials. We always liked Dale E. but our favorite driver is Jeff Gordon and I also like Darrell Waltrip. My son likes Dale Jarrett. That gives us a little competition in the family and makes it fun.
Rose ~ Know what you mean about the rain. I will probably get a taste of that when I go North. May is very rainy in Indiana. Get moving everyone!
Old 04-11-2001, 09:10 AM   #22  

Default help with leslie sansone

HI,

I hope it is ok if i post this email here.

Does anyone use Leslie Sansone tapes? I hurt my
knee and can;t do my other tapes and i saw leslie on tv with her walk aerobics and i though
i could do that with out causing too much pain. DO her tapes really get your heart rate up?
which tapes are good tapes? I have never used her tapes before but i am at intermediate exerciser. Can
you buy the tapes at stores or do you order them from someone.

thanks for your help
Old 04-11-2001, 09:41 AM   #23  

Good Morning Everyone!!

Emmy congrats on completing the full 3 miles. That is great! I know you felt good after that

Judy, you are so motivated. You are doing great!

Rose, hope you are doing well. How is it going with the orbitrek??

Nascar, sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are not too bruised up I know what you mean about needing to have the TV on when you do your machine. I am the same way when I do my cardioglide machine. Somtimes I put on some quick paced music & it gets me really moving. Good luck with your foot surgery. When are you having it done???

WWgal I responded to your other post about the Leslie Sansone tapes. I haven't been able to find them in the stores. They do have them at http://www.bn.com, http://www.amazon.com, http://www.walkaerobics.com, http://www.collagevideo.com. I also have a bad knee that I dislocated some years back. I can't do anything that requires a lot of jumping. I have no problems with her tape at all as far as aggravating my knees. She does have tapes that are a mile, 2 miles, 3 miles & 4 miles. You can read reviews of them on http://www.collagevideo.com. They also have clips so you can see what the tapes are like.

Well, I am here patiently waiting for the weekend so I can back into doing my tape. I actually miss doing the tape. I was trying to do it everyday (when the children cooperated) and now I feel like I am missing something. I did get in another 3 miles today. I tell you chasing a 2yr old all day really gets you moving Hopefully tomorrow will be nice enough that I will be able to get out & get in some walking in the sunshine...

Hope everyone has a great day!
Debbie
Old 04-11-2001, 10:55 AM   #24  

Good Morning everyone!

This will be my last post until the weekend. I'm going to Las Vegas! Wish me luck I sure could use a big jackpot!

Debbie-I haven't been on the Orbitrek this week because I've been helping a friend paint these huge boards to put up in her horse's stable. I'm telling you what painting is hard work! The backs of my legs are sore from squatting and my arms are stiff too. Do you think this will fill in as a workout? Way to go on the three miles and you are right chasing a 2 year old is great exercise. Keep up the great job!

WWgal-I have nothing more to add to Debbie's suggestion. She said it all! But I hope you decide to join us here and post with us! Please do there are so many nice and motivated exercisers on this thread!

Judy-Another awesome workout! Way to go! I'm a little envious. I feel like I haven't done much exercise but maybe when I'm in Vegas I'll get allot of walking in. I hope so! It's still rainy here. I hope Vegas is sunny.

NASCAR Woman-Take care of yourself and be careful on those stairs! You can't afford to be on crutches for NASCAR! This will be my last post until the weekend. I'm leaving for Vegas. Wish me luck!

Nona-Where are you? I hope you get a chance to check in!

Emmy-How is it going? I hope you got some great exercise in. You really inspire me! You lost 100 pounds once and I know you can do it again.

Okay off to work. I hope the rest of your week goes well and is filled with tons of exercise!

Last edited by ras8779; 04-11-2001 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:19 PM   #25  

Angry Still doing good

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the encouraging words Rose. I am determined to do this again and maintain my loss this time. Actually, I was all set to go for gastric bypass surgery last November. My dad and sister have both had it done and lost alot of weight but I didn't have peace about doing it at all!! The surgeon said without the surgery and my family history of obesity that I am doomed. He is a great surgeon and he does a wonderful job with his patients but this kind of surgery has to be a personal choice and one must have peace about it. I am determined to prove that I am NOT doomed and I will succeed on my own through diet and exercise. I will be a success and so will all of you.

I have found such motivation and inspiration on this site and look forward to the support everyday.

Deb- just wanted to let you know I ordered the 3 mile power walk yesterday because I want to have variety so I can switch on and off with my tapes. I did the whole 3 miles again today so I am doing good. I figure 5 days of tapes and two days of outside walking should help get me in shape.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-11-2001, 01:27 PM   #26  

Emmy that is great that you are getting those 3miles in. Her tapes really are great. Denise just ordered the 3mile power walk tape & I'm ordering mine friday (payday ) I also wanted a second tape to alternate with. You know you will lose the weight the healthy way by eating right & exercising. You are very motivated & that is very important to your success. There will be good weeks & bad weeks but you have to stay focused and realize that there may be some hurdles to get over but with persistance & dedication you can accomplish anything. We will be here to support you every step of the way

Rose I would think that all the squats you did with the painting counts for something Have fun in Vegas and good luck

Have a great one!
Debbie
Old 04-11-2001, 04:06 PM   #27  

Default Thanks

Thanks for the support Deb. I know I have alot of hurdles to jump on my weightloss journey but with support like this I know I will succeed.

Rose have fun in Vegas!! Take care everyone
Old 04-11-2001, 05:07 PM   #28  
# 3 Fan Forever

Rose ~ Vegas is the best for walking your butt off ~ literally!! Weather report is sunny and 64 for Thursday and sunny and 73 for Friday. Too bad you aren't staying until Saturday. That day si predicted to be 78.

Judy ~ You do have a wide range of drivers that your family likes. Must make Sunday afternoons interesting. And you are right about the bod ~ it's getting worse and my arm that I caught myself with is killing me.

Emmy ~ it's nice to know you're finding encouragement here. Keep up the good work. You'll love the results.

Debbie ~ my foot surgery should be in May after I get my insurance. Since February my foot has progressively gotten worse and worse. I'm really worried about my NASCAR weekend. That's why I'm trying to get in shape right now, stamina. The elevation alone is hard enough on me. I don't need a bad foot, although, it does get me access to the elevators. That's probably the only plus. Oh, and I think chasing the toddler should count as exercise! but I understand missing the walking. Good luck.

Okay ~ I didn't do the stairs this morning. I really need to get over my fear of them right now. Last night I was even yelling at my daughter for not holding on to the hand rail. Fear, an interesting monster. I am going to try the glider tonight for a short time, after I take a bath to loosen my bod up. I'm hoping that will help.

Rose ~ start a new thread before you go or this will be over the top when you get back. Have fun!
Old 04-11-2001, 09:01 PM   #29  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all
Today was my hair day (cut & color) but I did a 3 mile walk before I went. I am so proud of myself! :
Rose ~ Good Luck and have a great time in Vegas...and there is a lot of walking there!
Emmy ~ That 100 lbs. is an awesome weight loss...you did it once, you can do it again!
Nascar ~ Hope the body is feeling better..
Tomorrow is my weigh in...I am going to be really disappointed if I don't have a loss....but I have been disappointed before...
Debbie ~ Sounds like you are doing great
Let you know later how the weigh in goes
Old 04-11-2001, 10:23 PM   #30  

Judy good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. My weigh in day is tomorrow too. I think I may pull a maintain. I hate these stupid plateaus....we are talking 2mos for me...geez! I'll let you know how I do as well...

Have a good night everyone!
Debbie
Closed Thread