Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-31-2004, 12:41 AM   #1  
Weight Watcher Newbie

Default Curves... Cost?

What is the monthly cost of curves? Can you do a monthly membership? Or a daily, please let me know.
Or_eo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:40 PM   #2  

Well, I'm located in Canada so if you live in the States, I'm sure it will be cheaper than what we pay up here. I joined for a year (you also have the option of doing monthly memberships, I believe) and the payments come out of my chequing account. I pay $44.85, which includes taxes, a month. Again, I'm sure it's cheaper in the States. Everything else is! LOL!

Dawn
Dawn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 02:11 PM   #3  
A princess on a mission

I live in Massachusetts and my fee was $59.00 bucks joining fee *one time only* and you either have a choice of a 1 year contract thats $29.00 a month that is to be taken out of a checking account or credit card. Or you have the option I took because I run a strictly cash basis which is that I pay monthly for a fee of $39.00 a month...hope that helped yah

jessica
jsscmngn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 03:11 PM   #4  
Weight Watcher Newbie

Do you guys feel they are as good as a gym? Because i know gyms are the same amount...
Or_eo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 11:12 AM   #5  

Yes, I think Curves is excellent! They have 10-12 machines that works different parts of your body, plus recovery squares in between each station where you do your cardio. I love Curves, personally. Good luck with your decision. Let us know what you decide!

Dawn
Dawn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:13 PM   #6  
New mom to be

Talking Curves is awesome!!!

I got a 2 week free pass to curves which I have been using for over a week now, and I personally love it!!!! I am joining at the end of this week. It's fun and everyone is really friendly and helpful. My first two workouts they went around with me and showed me how to use the machines and made sure I was using them properly. It's a great workout and there's no thinking about which machine you should use or waiting for a particular machine, and you don't have to change any weights on the machines!! I think it's worth trying out. They usually will let you try it a couple of times without a pass. Just call and ask!!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

1 dancing monkey for every 5lbs lost!!!
sassybrat25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #7  

Default Curves

Hi - I paid $49 to sign up for the year then its about 31.00 per month with taxes. They take it out of a checking acct I have - only use for that acct.

They run nice specials - mine had a food drive in March and if you brought in a bag of groceries, they waived the yrly fee (wish I'd known that ).

I'm pretty happy over all although I've hit a platau - going to give it another 4-5 months.

I had originally bought a gift certificate for two months and tried it out - I would suggest that. You can always apply any unused portion towards a full year membership.

Another tip - try multiple Curves before settling on one. There were 3 within 10 mins of my house but the machines were all loose. The one I go to is 15-18 mins but the machines are tight, place is large and airy and they offer classes and other perks. The hours were also longer than the ones near me.

Good Luck...Sue
InLimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:06 PM   #8  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

hi I just joined Curves,
got the free join, and 29 $ a Month (comes out of my Checking account)
I start Monday....

I like the idea of being a all women thing and most of them are like me "chunky" hehehe
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:08 AM   #9  

My sister and I started Curves last Saturday. We love it!! They had a special when we signed up. Bring in a new or slightly used winter coat and they waived the $75.00 the yrly fee. We also opted for the 1 year contract for $29.00 a month. My sister goes back to college this weekend, but she'll be able to get a traveler's pass in order to go to Curves at a different location. It's perfect for us! Good luck with your decision.

artsy
artsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:03 AM   #10  

Have you researched any of your local gyms? My gym has a program called PACE, which is basically the same as Curves. $25 a month just for PACE. Not sure what Curves costs around here since I need childcare and my Curves do not offer that.

Diane
dial919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #11  
Coop class of '82

I just joined today There was a coupon in the weekly "junk mail" that said if you brought in a bag of food they would waive the sign-up fee (I didn't ask what the fee is). I just got my tax refund so I paid for the full year up-front. It comes out to $27 and something a month, the same as I was paying for the county gym with crappy treadmills and lots of men hogging the weights.
KimmyKat63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 AM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

The food drive thing is an organization wide thing I think. They talk about it in their monthly news magazine, and I know I'ev seen it in many branches at different times. I think the no fee for donations deal is Curves-wide. The "Entertainment" coupon books also have discounts on the sign-up fees, or sometimes when you bring a friend to sign up with you each pay half.

I'm with KimmyKat - I like the privacy of no men, just like-minded women of all ages, shapes and sizes. Worth every penny of my $29/mo!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #13  
Big Momma!

Height: 5,2

I feel the same way.!! I love it even tho I aint loosing a lb!!!!! grrr lol
Jasmin71 is offline   Reply With Quote