Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-19-2004, 10:35 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Gillian, TM = treadmill OP = On Program SIL = sister-in-law BIL = brother-in-law FIL MIL etc.... DD = dear daughter DS = dear son DH = dear husband those are ones I can think of that I use quite often. Don't feel silly asking questions, it's no fun reading a foreign language so to speak. I see you have 12.5 miles left for your running goal. Do you find sharing how far your goal is? I started the month wanting to avg. at least 1 mile a day, because I had become a real slacker. Sometimes going 2 wks. without walking. Which is why I started posting my miles. If I think even one person is monitoring my post it encourages me to get off my hiney and do it. I'd love to have you post yours here as well.
Have a great day!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 01:52 PM   #32  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls can I join ya? I was bhere last summer looking for the walkers and could not find them.
Anyway for 3 years I lived right on top of the Montour trail here in PA. It is a beautiful walking/bycycle/horse trail that used to be an old railroad, ther is about a 9 mile section that goes right past my house and I never used it until last summer. I never had much inclination to walk because I could not get a buddy to join me. So last spring I adopted this adorable puppy and she is my motivation to walk almost every day in warmer weather. We still don't like the snow though. A friend gave me a treadmill for the winter but it does not work. So I got to see if fixing it will be affordable for me.

Yesterday we walked 3.27 miles in about 45 minuts. Today I did a light weightlift and if weather cooperates (it is very windy and supposed to rain) I hope to get at least 2 miles in later on.
Cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:31 PM   #33  

Hi Everyone!

Well I managed a three mile walk yesterday. I didn't do too much on Friday or Saturday. On Friday I did laundry which requires me to go up and down stairs so I'm counting that for about 1 mile. I should have worn my pedometer but didn't think of it !

Kristi-I will be getting my tooth fixed after this pay day. I hate toothaches. It is such an annoying pain ! You are doing a great job with the walks! Keep it up!

Hi Gillian-you should post with us!

Welcome Cowgirl! It sounds like you have a great place to walk. I use Leslie indoor walks or I would never walk because I dislike walking alone too. I prefer walking with someone. Plus I live in a big city and you have to be careful. I hope you can post often!

Well I have to get back to work. Take care everyone!
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:53 PM   #34  

Rose, I'm so glad your tooth will be fixed soon. I hated thinking of you living with that pain for long. It's sounds like you had a pretty active weekend. Keep up the good work. How's eating and weigh ins going? Share only if you want to. Don't work too hard!

Welcome Cowgirl, Wow, you live in a very similar place as me. One 5 mile stretch of 400 miles worth of trails runs right in front of my house.Technically it's across the highway from me, but very easily accessed. I love to walk and walk with my dog as well, but alas I too am a fair weather walker. My DH bought me a terrific TM for Christmas. I don't know now how I lived without one in the past. Well, with the help of Leslie Sansone I guess. I'll look forward to your posts. I personally don't get into challenging anyone other than myself!!! Are you a reader or just a fan of the movies? ( Tolkien's awesome)

I managed to do 2.25 again today. Pushed myself on the incline today so I could give my hip a rest. It seems to ache when I run at say 5 mph, but I can handle a 10% incline at 4mph without it hurting at all!?! I'm suppose to be taking my son's Wolfe den to the high school baseball game today, but I've got kind of a cold and it's real windy and gloomy. There are only 3 boys and I reserved them computers at the local library. I'm hoping they'll go for that outing instead. We can go to the game next week when it's warmer!!! Keep your fingers crossed that no one's too dissapointed.

Gillian, Are you there?

Have a great day all!

Kristi

April miles : 32

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-19-2004 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:34 PM   #35  

Hi all, I had a great day today. I picked up paint to do my bedroom with. Oddly I picked kind of a lilac color. Normally I'm not a purple or pastel type of person, but it matched the some of the flowers in my new bedspread sooooo, we're gonna try it. I hope to start painting on Thursday and then I can pick up my new bed on Sat. Yeahhh! I gotta get on the TM now I kind of feel like watching Oprah or Dr. Phil and I made a deal with myself, "no talk TV unless the miles have been walked," Have a great day all.

Kristi

April miles : 34.25
Old 04-21-2004, 11:45 AM   #36  

Yesterday I had posted 2.25 miles before I did them and actually managed 2.5 yippee! I did another 2.5 this morning and I am so psyched. I finally pushed myself again on the first mile and finished it in 11 min. 17 sec. Woohoo!!! This is my personal best and I totally feel like mega woman or something. Totally hear me roar. My goal when I first got my TM in Jan. was to be able to do a 12 min. mile. When I walk the bike trail I never do better than 4 mph (15 min mile). Now I want it to STOP raining so I can try a little running on the trail. I don't feel real confident that I could that kind of time for real. What I mean is with the TM your feet have to keep going as long as you don't slow the speed!!! Whatever I feel awesome. I'm turning 40 in Aug. and am totally planning to be in my best physical shape ever!!! I hope you all are too having a spectacular day! Post soon! Where are you!! Oh yeah, Out for a walk!! WTG !!!!!

Kristi

April miles : 37
Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hi Ladies~

Sorry I haven't been regular with my posting here. I haven't been regular with my walking either which is part of the reason. Also, I mostly post on another thread and hardly venture far from there. It's the Jaded Ladies thread, feel free to join us if you like. I also have a challenge going over there and am working on one thing at a time. I guess I am putting exercise last on the list to work on. Before I always tried to do everything at the same time and found it just doesn't work so I started a 21 day challenge to drink no less than 2 bottles of water a day and take my vitamins. I have 2days to go on that one. But went ahead and started a second challenge to stay OP for 21 days. This is just day 3 but I have stayed OP so far. My next challenge will be the exercise challenge.

Sounds like you ladies are doing a GREAT job with your walking.

Have a good one ladies.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 04:42 PM   #38  

Well, I've only manage 1.25 miles today so far and I'm pretty sure that's all I'll be doing. I did manage to empty most of the furniture from one room and paint the ceiling today. I plan to paint the walls tomorrow so I probably won't get much walking in tomorrow either, nut my new bed is in and I want it set up no later than Sat. I figure if I have the room all painted my husband will have no "good" excuse for not getting it put up right away. I weighed this afternoon and was up a pound. Hopefully it was the time of day etc..., if not I'll have to do better this next week. A little less beef and pork would be in order, but some days I just crave meat. My children have their spring program tonight. I love to go and hear them sing!
Have a great day, hope someone else posts again soon!

Kristi

April miles : 38.25
Old 04-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #39  

Hi Kristi and Cristi!

Sorry I haven't been posting but it's hard to do at work sometimes! I've been doing pretty good with my workouts. Usually a 2 mile per day. I've been using other videos besides Leslie too and I've been trying to work some toning in as well. Can't forget that. Now all I need is to change my eating and I'd be on a roll.

Kristi-I know you've been on here alone for a while but thanks for hanging in there! I really need to paint my place too but it's a matter of clearing it with the landlady. Always a hassle. You've been doing great with the walks too! I'll try to post more.

Cristi-don't worry about not working out. Just pop in and say hi anyway! I know I'm the worst for not working out. I try all excuses in the book to get out of actually doing something. I'm such a couch potato sometimes. I'll have to check out the other thread you post on. It sounds like fun. I also post on another board called the Ya Yas and they are great over there as well.

Back to work for me. Take care everyone and have a great weekend. I won't be able to post until Monday! But I hope to get some good workouts in. Don't forget Mother's Day is on May 9th and its right around the corner. It's hard to believe it's almost May!
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:36 AM   #40  

Wow! almost a week has gone by and I finally have some miles to report. I've been so busy with painting, Sunday school, and Cub Scouts that I hadn't been walking at all. I was down a pound on Fri again so that made me feel much better. The window guys were here Mon. and Tues. both and I felt silly exercising with them here so I just didn't, but it's great having new windows and finally the weather is warm today so they can be open. Yippee! We signed our oldest up for band last night. That proved to be an expensive adventure. She wants to play the sax so it cost $1,020 to purchase one!!! At least they have a guarenteed buy back program for up to 2 yrs. If she should quit they will pay us the full amt. minus $35 a mth. that she used it. Like a rental fee. Now I really wish I would have hung on to mine!!! Anyway, eating is going great and exercise is back on track today.
Rose, It sounds like you're doing really good. Keep it up! I know how that landlord thing can be. When I was young I rented from a lot of different people. Some were awefull. My last landlord was great though. I rented from him for 4 yrs. and any time I wanted paint or wallpaper he'd let me get it from the local hardware store as long as I was willing to do the work myself. Have a great day!

Kristi

April miles : 40.75

Last edited by lovnmom; 04-28-2004 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:32 AM   #41  

I was watching Dr. Phil on Mon. with his weight loss people. They had a fitness challenge and I was blown away by the fact that people were walking miles in just over 10 and 11 min. This means a walking pace of close to 6 mph. I'd never been able to hold a walking stride at more than 4.5 mph after that I had to jog. Today I tried to WALK faster. I was able to maintain 5 mph, but it was very difficult for my legs, but so much easier on my lungs and heart. I'm hoping to continue and maybe as my legs grow stronger they will move faster. I know my legs are far stronger than they were even at the beginning of this month. I am now able to maintain 4 mph at a 6% incline. That's a 1/2 mile faster. I felt so good on there this morning I actually did 3 miles and felt like going more, but alas I have other things to do.
I see there are people reading my posts daily. I sure wish some of you would join me in logging your miles and talking about your progress!

Kristi

April miles : 43.75
Old 04-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #42  

I'm feeling really bloaty and just plain yuck (TOM) so I'm going to be a big chicken and waite a week to weigh in. It's raining and cold here again today. Usually May is much better in WI than April so I'm glad it's the last day of April. My husband got my garden all tilled so I can be putting in seeds soon. I need to work in some fertilizer first though. I never put plants in until at least the 3rd week of May, but I've learned seeds can go in allready. I plan to do 3 miles on the TM again today. I'm adding them to my April miles allready that way I know I'll do them. That'll put me at 46.75 for them month. That is such a huge improvement for me. Posting here as always helped me do better than if no one is looking over my shoulder. Thanks for keeping me on track. I'm thinking of actually setting a goal for May. Hope you'll join me.

Kristi

April miles :46.75
Old 04-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #43  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face May I?

Hello KRISTI -
I believe we have met on the Faith Based Forum
Nice to see that you have begun a Walker's Thread...
I like how you wrote it too (ApRiL WaLkErS ) - clever

I am 47 and am really working hard trying to lose this 42#'s
I have left to lose ~ hopefully reaching my goal weight
of 155 by Fall of this year..

I would love to join you on this Thread
when I am able to... if you will have me

Here is my schedule on an average week...

Monday: Curves & *T-Mill (* I walk for 1 hour everytime I walk the T-Mill... not always sure of the distance till I am finished)
Tuesday: Sculpture Bands (**Michael Thurmond**) & *T-Mill
Wednesday: Curves & *T-Mill
Thursday: Sculpture Bands & *T-Mill
Friday: Curves & *T-Mill
Saturday: I walk in the park with my hubby - aprox 3 to 3.25miles
Sunday: Much needed REST

**Michael Thurmond** has a great Food Program as well, but you have to get his package to know how he does it ~ it is given to you with your "body type" in mind... I love his program. I mainly ordered his package so I could learn more about the exercises he teaches... you get great results.

You have put in 46.75 miles in April so far ~
Awesome Job!
I have put in 40.97 miles so far this month ~ I haven't walked today yet. Usually I get up early and walk (5:15 to 6:15am), but had a very hard week this week, so I will get back on track next week.

My pace is not fast either... I don't know how others WALK at a faster pace! It hurts my legs & left hip and I find that the tendons become very tight... so I just do what Michael Thurmond says to do --- Walk slower and Longer to burn off "body fat". My machine has a heart-rate monitor and I keep it in the Fat Burning Range that is posted on my machine & for me it is 110 - 115bpm on the monitor.

When I began April 6th, 2004... I walked about 1.8 miles in that hour and now I will get in about 2.25 in an hour as my heart becomes stronger I find I have to increase the speed to maintain the heart-rate. So that's how I do it...

It will be FUN to note my progress here
along with you and the others
*Thanks for the thread*

*God Bless*
SunnyD

Last edited by SunnyD57; 04-30-2004 at 11:04 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:15 AM   #44  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Question

Good Morning KRISTI -
Just wondering if you are going to begin a
MaY WaLkkErS Thread?

Hoping to hear from you soon...
SunnyD