Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2001, 10:28 AM   #1  

Talking

Good Morning all you exercisers out there!

We are really rolling right along. I'm so happy this thread is so active now.

womaninlove-That's a good question about where to find the smilies legend. It used to be to the left when you were posting a reply but now that the board has changed I'm not sure where it went? I'll do some more research and let you know. I'm not a very good exercisers on the weekends either! But hey at least you got up and went to the gym and got a good workout in. That's the important thing to not stop totally but get right back at it. I really think weight training is a great idea especially if you get a trainer to show you proper technique. It will really help with your weight loss efforts. I do some strength training too and I like that more then aerobics. I know I'm a little strange!

Girlie-That's great that you found a way to cook that you enjoy so much. I love your post "I'm in LOVE with my broiler" you're too cute! I have an indoor grill that I use almost everyday along with my crockpot. I'm a lazy cook but I like to eat so I have to think of inventive ways to feed myself and my son. So far so good! Keep up the great work Girlie you always inspire me.

Yesterday I had such low energy for some reason and I sure didn't feel like exercising last night but I did manage to get some strength training in. Every little bit counts right? I plan on doing at least 20 minutes on the Orbitrek tonight. Plus do some laundry. Wow I have a busy night ahead of me. Okay I have to get to work. I'll check back later.
Old 03-27-2001, 10:07 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default I'm sick!

It's that time of the year when the weather gets good then bad then good then bad...well, at least in the midwest! I've been sneezing all day!

I thought maybe I'd try going to work out even though I'm sick. Is there something that says I'm not supposed to? Will it make me even sicker to exert myself while I'm sick?

Oh, ROSE!!!
I am really excited! Guess how many grueling minutes I did last night on the elliptical? FORTY!! I'm really excited! Actually, I lost a contact lens and I'm totally blind without them. I've never exercised with my glasses on, so I took them off and I worked out. I found I could concentrate more on myself, my music, and my progress rather than other people watching me or me watching them. And, I thought I'd set the machine for 30 minutes (then they always have 5 minutes extra for a cool down) but I really set it for 35 minutes, so at the very end, it said 40 minutes, and I was really excited! Yay for me!

WOMAN IN LOVE

I really like you! I mean, I really like your enthusiasm! I hope you stay with us! And thank you SO much! I'm definitely going to check out the FF brownies! I LUV chocolate and baked goodies! I also want to try out the recipie for the ALL BRAN muffins that everyone loves so much. I like that fiber! Where do you find the Krusteas mix? I was in a grocery store just last night, looking at the cake/muffin mixes. I want BROWNIES! With a scoop of frozen yogurt...mmmmmmmmm

Ah man, I gotta go work out now...! Must get these thoughts outta my head!
Old 03-28-2001, 11:45 AM   #3  

Default Thanks ras8779

Thank you for welcoming me ras 8779. I will be posting often. I need the support of the boards to keep me going as I have a long way to go. I am really proud of myself today. I did 2 miles with Leslie Sansone video. It was at my own pace mind you but I did it. Just wanted to say thanks for making me feel welcomed. Have a great day!
Old 03-28-2001, 11:46 AM   #4  

Hi Everyone!

I'm afraid this is going to be short. I have a ton of work to do today so not much time to post!

Girlie-I'm sorry you're sick but way to go on that 40 minutes! Hey I wear contacts too and I'm blind without them. I should try not wearing them and see if I can increase my time! Keep up the good work and I hope you feel better.

emmy-I hope you find us! It's great that you've decided to post here with us. I'll keep my eyes open for your post.

womaninlove-I'm with Girlie, I love your spirit and energy! It's great having you here with us. I really enjoy this group.

Okay I'm really busy today at work! Can't post too much but I'll be back. I did 20 minutes on my Orbitrek last night and I feel it today. I really cranked down on the resistance and it made a difference. Hopefully it will reflect on the scale sometime soon!

Keep moving everybody.
Old 03-28-2001, 01:29 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone!!

Girlie way to go on doing 40min on the elliptical machine. You go girl!!!

Emmy32 welcome. Which of Leslie's tapes do you have? I have the 2 Mile Walk one & love it. Myabe we can motivate each other to keep doing the tape I skipped yesterday but today I will have time for myself to do it.

I am here still getting my walking in. I did manage to walk 3.61 miles yesterday (11,450 steps). Hopefully this week the scale will show a loss. Last week I lost 0.5 lbs & so far this week that's what it looks like I've lost too. I am more than happy with that. As long as the scale goes down that's all that matters I know I feel much better than I did 1 yr ago.....

Hope you all have a great day!!!

Debbie
Old 03-28-2001, 02:02 PM   #6  

Default Leslie's tape

Hi Deb! I have the 1-2-3 mile tape. I think it may be her newest. I am trying to do 2 miles a day now. I will save that third mile for when I get some weight off and hit one of those frustrating plateaus. So cool to have support like this!! Have a great day!
Old 03-28-2001, 02:05 PM   #7  

I love the tape I have. Let me ask you, the tape you have is it all walking? I am looking to get another of her tapes to alternate with the one I have. I was looking for one that goes a little further than 2miles which your's does.

Good luck to you with your weight loss
Debbie
Old 03-28-2001, 02:29 PM   #8  

Default tapes

she does grapevine, side steps, alternating kicks ect.. in it. This is only my third day doing it so 2 miles was quite a workout for me. I want to get another tape too just for variety. Is your just the walking?
Old 03-28-2001, 02:38 PM   #9  

Hi Emmy,

Mine is just walking as well. She does the same as what she does in yours. Marching in place, kicks, grapevines, lunges, walk & tap. I think I may get the one you have to alternate that way I get the extra mile for the days I feel I can go further. You do get a good workout with the tape. Way better than some of the other tapes out there...

Have a good one!
Debbie
Old 03-28-2001, 04:16 PM   #10  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Hey y'al *sniff, sniff*

Hi, guys!

*ahhhhhchoooo*

*sniffle*

Sorry. I'm still sick. I did work out last night and did 40 minutes on the elliptical again. I really think that not having my contacts or glasses on make a real difference. It's really weird. My 40 minutes went by really quickly last night! I looked down, and I was already halfway over! I didn't get 6500 rotations though. Just about 6200, but I'm sick! There's my excuse!

*cough, cough*

Rose: Gettin' all that work done? You know, my gym got a new elliptical! I usually use this PreCor EFX 344 or something like that. Well, they have this new one...It's a PreCor EFX XXX (I can't remember the #'s). It looks really modern and you can either put your hands on these handles that move as you slide, or you can have them stationary. I tried it for a few minutes, but I didn't like it because I normally don't hold on to anything and the moving handlebars got in the way. It also didn't have an option to raise the incline (maybe it was too technological for me!), just the resistance. Ever seen that?

Everyone:

So what are these Leslie walking tapes you're all talking about? Is it just music, or what?

Anyway, I'm outta here.
My BF is gonna drag me to the gym again tonite. I'll try to get my 40 mins again. No glasses again. I'm really tired though. I forgot to take my TheraFlu last night after working out...I let it sit to cool down, and then I fell asleep so it's still on my nightstand! Ha!

*sniff, sniff*

See you guys.
Old 03-28-2001, 04:23 PM   #11  

Hi Girlie...sorry to hear you are still sick I gotta give you credit for getting on that machine & doing 40min. being sick. You are awesome!!

The Leslie Sansone tapes are in-home walking tapes. She has music in the background & tries to keep you moving to the beat of the music. You break a good sweat with the tape (at least the 2 mile walk tape I have). YOu don't need much room to do the tape so it's convenient.

Hope you feel better soon!!

Debbie
Old 03-28-2001, 04:47 PM   #12  
Back To Lifetime....!!

Hi guys - I'm back. Sorry for being gone for sooo long. Man, it sure has been busy over here! Lots of company during Spring Break

Where do you guys find/buy these tapes your talking about? I don't remember seeing them before?

Girlie - Hope your feeling better soon!! My allergies are just terrible right now with everything blooming here in AZ. sniff, sniff...

Take care & wish me luck at my weigh-in tomorrow!
Nona
Old 03-28-2001, 05:02 PM   #13  

Default tapes

Hi Everyone! It is awesome that Girlie is still exercising even when she doesn't feel well!! Now there is some dedication. It is hard enough for me to get moving when I am feeling well.
You can buy the Leslie Sansone tapes from her website. If you do a search and put her name in you can usually find her website pretty easily. She has been on QVC which is where I first saw her.
She keeps you moving but lets you know it is ok to go at your own pace. I have tried many tapes and she is my favorite.
I hope everyone is doing good on their exercise and eating today. I am cheerin for you!!
Old 03-28-2001, 05:12 PM   #14  

You can also get Leslie Sansone's tapes through http://www.bn.com and http://www.amazon.com . Just do a search under her name & the tapes will come up. These are a little less expensive than on her site. They don't have her newest ones but they have quite of few of her other ones. I got my 2 Mile Walk tape through bn.com

Hope this helps

Debbie
Old 03-28-2001, 05:14 PM   #15  

HI again!

Wow this thread is burning up! It's great to see so many motivated exercisers out there!

Girlie-You are AWESOME! Working out even when you are sick! That's so motivating. Way to go on another 40 minutes. That BF of yours is really working you out isn't he. I'm so sorry you are still feeling sick. I hope that goes away soon. Make sure you get enough vitamin C. The elliptical you are describing sounds new to me. I would love to try it seeing that I'm used to the arms moving on mine already it would be great to try that one. How nice to get a little variety in there. I read somewhere that elliptical machines are one of the better forms of exercise. Hey we're doing something good. Get better soon.

emmy-I'm glad you found us! It sounds like you are doing great with the Leslie tapes. Did you see her on QVC this past Monday morning? She's a very motivating lady and sweetheart. Keep up the great walking.

Nona-I was wondering what happened to you. I'm glad you're back. Yes it's allergy season here too (San Diego) Not much fun either. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow. Let us know the results.

Debbie-There seems to be allot of Leslie fans! What an awesome routine especially for those with little room in their homes and with weather that doesn't cooperate. You are doing great sticking with your routine.

Okay I didn't mean to ramble on. I need to get back to work but I was so excited to see so many posts I just had to pop in. Great job everybody!
Closed Thread