Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 07:11 AM   #46  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry

Hey JUDE ~WELCOME! We have 10 machines also, as of yesterday, and we were told the same thing - just go around 2 1/2 times... but allot of us girls just quietly said to ourselves that we'll just do our three times around. They are so busy at our place that they cannot count what each person has done. So that's what we are doing too - a full 3 times around...
I say, "Go for it girl"

Don't forget to stop back and let us know how you are progressing. Do you go 3 times a week or more? I am still going just the 3 times a week, but I plan to go more after a month or so.
Old 11-04-2003, 08:20 PM   #47  

hello everyone...
Well, Squirty is doing very well. She has started eating and drinking all on her own. I am so proud. She can even jump on most of the furniture to sleep. She still has trouble balancing every once and a while.
I went to the Dr today because I have had a severe headache for 5 days. Come to find out I have a sinus infection. They gave me plenty of meds but it still hurts like crazy. I dont guess I have ever had a sinus infection but I do know I dont want another one. I also told her of how I had been feeling depressed. She put me on Lexapro. I think it is supposed to be pretty mild. The box says you should feel a difference with in week or two but will get the full effect in 4-6 weeks. She didnt mention going to a counselor or anything so I guess we will just try this out. I have to let her know how Im doing in about 3 weeks.
I still havent been back to curves but I cant wait to get started back. Glad to hear everyone is still having a great time working out. talk to you soon...
Old 11-05-2003, 02:27 AM   #48  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Still here....

Hello everyone....I am still here..lol. (Didn't mean to make you worry!) Thanks for all of the support, and concern you have all shown for me. It really means a lot that I have people (no scratch that out...FRIENDS) here who really encourage me, and care

I didn't mean to stay away, or stop posting for this amount of time, I've just been in one of those "funky" moods lately, and haven't done much of anything, except eat. I could blame it on a lot of things, but ultimatly, I have to get back into the swing of things. Even if I cannot afford to attend Curves anymore, I will definatly still find someway to get exercise in. And I will DEFINATLY still post here at the boards, because ALL of you are wonderful! (((HUGS)))

I'm still working on getting a newer car. I was talking to my dad about it the other day, and for some reason, he asked me if I had asked my mother to help me out. But in the beginning, he told me that he would help me out by co-signing. So now I'm a little confused as to what is going on. I have such a hard time talking with him. But I have to. I need a car. I did manage to sell my cruddy old mini-van. So that's a good thing. So I've had my eye on a Ford Focus. They are affordable, and I like the look of them. This is probably what I will get....eventually.

Bad news...today I quit my job Not because the people I work with made me mad, or because the job is too hard, it's because I cannot STAND getting yelled at all the time on the phone. I'm not a telemarketer, I just set up blood donation appointments, but some people just don't like us calling, and take all their frustrations out on the person on the other end of the phone. (And those people from New York can be vicious!) Sure, I shouldn't take it personally...and I usually don't. But there comes a point where you just can't deal with it anymore. So I quit. That is VERY unlike me to just quit a job like that - but I have other options right now, and a few interviews for the next few days. Hopefully *something* good will come of it.

I did find out some good news yesterday. My sister Alicia who lives in the upper peninsula of Michigan found out she is pregnant! She's only about 4 weeks along, but still exciting. And my fiance Ricardo's sister is due to have her baby girl any day now! I'm pretty excited about being an aunt again.

------------------------------------------------

SunnyD57 - congrats on your loss so far! I think that is really good, after all you have been through! Way to go!!! October really wasn't a good month for you, but what a way to start November! How awesome! Keep up the great work!

CassandraB - I am so happy that your kitty is feeling much better! A little time is all she needed to come around. How have you been doing?

A big hello to Aprilbride04, Kuuipo, qsilver, angel4real, its_my_life, rosiee, and anyone else I may have missed.

And a huge WELCOME to needtoloss and Hey Jude

Well - Before I make a paperback novel out of this post, I better go hit the sack. It's almost 1:30 a.m. here and I have to get up at 6:00 a.m. to babysit. Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. I will post more when I get a chance. Talk to ya'll later!

~ Kari ~

P.S. - Because I no longer like Geocities, I changed my website...again. Clicking on the link below in my signature will take you to the new site. There's not much there at the moment, but I think it's a lot easier to look around now. More will be added when I get the chance
Old 11-05-2003, 10:20 AM   #49  

Smile

Hi there KARI ~ It's WONDERFUL to see you back, so glad you haven't left us. But I am sorry to hear that things aren't working out for you and the car and now to lose your job. Not many will give you a loan without a job. I will say a special prayer for you that you get a job real soon, so you won't have to wait too much longer for that car. I hope you can get back to some form of exercise soon ~ it will help you out of your funk. I was in one yesterday - late in the afternoon - but am feeling just fine now.

I got in my Curves workout this morning (just got back) and went a FULL 30+ minutes. They are telling us to go only 2 1/2 times around (with the 10 machines) but I did a full three and it came out to like 32 - 34 minutes... I just stay quiet (well, as quiet as I can be ) about it and go around 3 times! I paid for it!! And I really feel the difference not only physically but emotionally. I get the funky's too when I don't workout.

Well, I hope you have a good day Kari!!!
Love your new website!!!! I may make one of my own through them too --- not before the holiday's, but maybe in January when it gets quiet here in the dead of winter. Looks like it will be simple for me to do through them. I always wanted to have my own website, but didn't know how.
Glad to see you back

I don't know what I am going to do today, I have tons of projects to finish, but don't feel like doing them right now. Maybe if I just begin one...
Ta!

PS>>> Where's everyone???!!!
Hello's to ~ALL~
Old 11-05-2003, 10:28 AM   #50  

Talking

Oh my goodness!! How did I not see you CASSANDRA! I am so glad to hear that Squirt is doing so much better... she just needed time to come out of the shock she went into from being hit by the car ~ poor baby. Sounds like you are taking better care of her then yourself!

Are the meds kicking in?? Feeling any better? My mother was just put on meds for the same thing - sinus infection. Very painful. Hope you are doing much better today!

Take Care and stay in touch!
Later...
Old 11-05-2003, 01:22 PM   #51  
~ Berry Happy ~

Default Baby on the way...

Just thought I'd pop on real quick and let ya know that my fiance's sister is having her baby today!!!

She actually went in last night - but didn't call us until this morning. She isn't making much progress - they may do a c-section on her.

So I'm off to the hospital now to await the arrival of Baby Raquel

~ Kari ~
Old 11-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #52  

Smile

Yeah KARI ~ How exciting!!!! I forgot to say CONGRATS on the pregnancy of your sister - WoW, within a year you have have two new babies to spoil! Mikala was born C-section... hope all goes well today! Stay in touch!!!
Old 11-05-2003, 01:46 PM   #53  

Angry Pictures

Here is a link of two pictures I took just this Sunday of Mikala...
Just scroll down till you see my post of the pictures
She is just so beautiful!! I wanted to take her home with me!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...5&pagenumber=8
Old 11-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Well Hello Ladies,

Good News, My dad is out of the hospital and he is home now.
Hes recovering quite nicely.

SunnyD; My dad is 68yrs old. He had us scared there for a while, he wasnít doing too good but is now doing 100% better.

Kari, I tried to look at your website, but my pc is running as slow as molasses today, it never loaded for me. Iíll try it from home. Also congrats on the birth of the new baby today, if sheís here yet.
And on the pregnancy of your sister.

Ok, well I should get back to work
Oh before I forget Sunny, remember I was telling you about a movie (I think it was you)
About the babies in heaven.. was it you I was telling? Well anyway, I posted a message on the Internet movie database message board, and someone answered me. They seem to think the movie Iím referring to is The Blue Bird with Shirley Temple. Iím still trying to get a hold of a copy to see if thatís the movie I remember. Have you seen this movie? I believe its from 1949

Ok now I really need t get back to work.

Mia
Old 11-05-2003, 09:13 PM   #55  

Angry

Hi MIA ~ Yes, it was me you were talking to about the movie. I have seen allot of Shirley Temple movies, but I would have to see it to know for sure. Maybe I too will see if I can rent it.

I am sorry if I repeated myself from this thread to the other. Your father is the same age as mine! My father turns 68 this Nov 11th. How old is your mother? Mine just turned 66 on Halloween. I am so happy to hear that your father is doing so much better --- did they say what caused the kidney failure??

Good to see you again - on both threads
Old 11-06-2003, 12:39 AM   #56  

Angry Mia...found the Blue Bird video

Hi!

You are probably thinking, "Who is this lady???!" I have been a lurker on this Curves thread. I am not even a member at my Curves, but I did check it out. It just didn't fit my schedule, but I really think it's a great idea.

Anyway....

Mia, I found "Blue Bird" with Shirley Temple. Here's the link to the website where you could purchase it if you're interested:

http://www.hit.video/

If that doesn't take you directly to it...and for some reason it doesn't look like it is going to...just enter "Blue Bird" into the search engine. They have it at this site and it's $7.49.

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Keep up the great work, Ladies!! I hope that your Dad is doing well, Mia...and that Cassandra's cat is continuing to improve and that Kari's fiancee's sister has had a healthy baby.

Take care!

MaryBeth
252/149/142
5'8"
Sahm of 3 boys
Old 11-06-2003, 08:05 AM   #57  

Angry

WELCOME MARYBETH ~ I went to check out the link you left for MIA, but it didn't work. Here's one that will take her to it. I went through Google.com search engine and typed in Shirley Temple Blue Bird and it took me to this site. I may order the film myself and take a look see

Hope you come back and post again...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/TheB...87/preview.php
Old 11-06-2003, 08:41 AM   #58  

Hi Ladies,

Sorry that I haven't posted in a week or so - my father had a stroke this Sunday and I have been helping out - he is at home now, which is good, but he has to use a walker because when he stands he falls to the right. I just hope that his physical therapy will get him back to normal!!

I haven't been able to work out this week because of it, but I did finally get back to Curves this morning - felt great! I am hoping that I won't have to go to my parents till Friday (my parents live a few hours away from all of us kids and my sister is busy going through cancer treatments with her husband and my brother is too busy for anyone except himself. My mother works at the hospital on second shift and my dad can't be left alone so I am hoping that my mom gets put on-call tonight and that I can go workout tomorrow and Saturday I will take a guest pass to their Curves in their town.) So hopefully I will still get my 3 days in.

Speaking of which - I need to vent for a moment. My sister and I are so pissed off at my brother. He knew for 2.5 hours that my mom was at the hospital with my dad and he didn't call us or go their right away. He said that my mom told him not to call us because she didn't want us to worry, but I am sorry, he doesn't have the right to play God and decide if we get to know if my dad is in the hospital or not. Plus, how dare he sit at his house for 2.5 hours and let my mom sit there by herself...My sister and I finally found out because my mom called and asked if my brother had called us. Then when we got to the hospital my brother got there and only stayed an hour. It just makes me so mad!!

Ok - gotta go - thanks for letting me vent - gotta get to work today.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:25 AM   #59  

Unhappy

Morning APRIL ~ I don't blame you one bit for being upset with your brother! If you recall that's what happened to me as well!!! My father and brother (my family lives in MAINE & I am here in OHIO) were to call me after my mother's surgery to let me know how she came through. My sister lives right across the street and my father was home for nearly four hours after my mom's surgery and he called my brother right when he got home but NEVER called either one of us girls!!! And my brother was to call me if he heard anything from my Dad. I finally couldn't take the wait any longer & called my brother - he was laying down and wouldn't come to the phone to talk to me, so I spoke to my nephew briefly... feeling frustrated I called my sister and she still had not heard anything... so she called the hospital and then called me back with a number I could reach my mom at. What a frustrating mess!!! All my father had to do was call my sister, so she could call me --- that was our agreement when I last spoke to him. So neither my father or my brother came through for me or my sister I totally could grasp what you must be feeling and I am so sorry that it had to happen!

I will hold you and you family in my special prayers that he will fully recover from his stroke!

Huge (((Hugs))) April!!!
And good for you that you went to exercise, it will help you with your emotions right now. Luvs...
Old 11-06-2003, 12:01 PM   #60  

this is my first time to post here, but i to am a curves girl! i love it! that is my time....i love my trainer...

right now we are doing this weight loss challenge, and you wear 9 braclets on your right arm, and each time you eat a fruit and veggie you move the bracelet to your left arm..it starts monday, so i am hoping it works! have to wait and see!

i have been going to curves since march, and since i have been there i have lost 40pds, but have lost 100pds total, i lost the rest before i started going, but i still have a way to go!

sw-400

cw-316 i want to lose alot more! hope to hear from someone! have a good day and god bless...hey i a question how do you get those cute pics one your postings?
Closed Thread