Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 04:55 PM   #31  

Kari - One more thing, we all have pitfalls, the difference between successful and unsuccessful people is what we do to get back on track!!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:22 AM   #32  

Thanks for the info on Squirty. We are fixing to try to get some tuna in her mouth. I just dont understand. She will sniff of it but then turns her head. Her leg is doing well. She can get on the futon all by herself. We are still keeping her in Todds room because Tabby can get a little rough when she plays. Friday was a week since she has ate anything solid.
oh well, wish us luck!!
Old 11-01-2003, 01:07 PM   #33  

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome! I must shame facedly say that I have not been to Curves in a week I myself have been in quite a slump and yes it is so very difficult to pick yourself up again. Monday starts a new week again and a chance to get right back on track. It is a beautiful day here and I am not sure what we will do today... definetly something though we absolutely cannot afford to let this warm weather ( 70's ) go to waste, winter will be here soon enough!

I had lost a little bit of weight before joining Curves by doing Slim Fast... I started at 235 and currently weigh 208. Physically I feel much stronger and have a great deal more energy. I have not really come up with a set goal weight... I would just like to be able to shop outside of the plus section, and to fit comfortable in my seat at the movies without feeling totally squished and worrying about who will end sitting next to me and if they will feel squished because of me!

Here's wishing you all a wonderful weekend... talk to you soon.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:07 AM   #34  

Oh my gosh....Squirty just ate 2 pieces of meow mix all by herself. I am so happy...I know its not much but its a start. Sorry for the short post but I couldnt help myself!!!!
Old 11-02-2003, 12:25 PM   #35  

Hi,

I go to curves too. I haven't been there for a month. I had sprain my foot playing soccer with my son. DUH!!! Anyhow I could really use someone to light a under my butt and get me back in there again.
Old 11-02-2003, 03:38 PM   #36  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just barely caught up on post reading. There have been quite a few since my last one. Wanted to let you all know I've just started back on Phase 1 of the Curves diet. I am soooo ready to get losing again! The really exciting part was that Phase 3, the maintenance phase, worked for me. I was eating for real and not gaining. What a difference for me. Anyway, I'm really excited, if you can't tell.

I decided to go in and buy a new member guide for my new start. I'm so glad I did. The new free foods and a few changes around to the menus really freshen things up. Plus, the way you add things up for your carb and calorie totals is a lot easier.

Cassandra, I was so excited to read your kitty ate a little! I lost two of my favorite fur babies last year in short succession, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone else.

Sunny, it is so good to hear you are feeling better! October was a really tough month for you. Good job keeping up your spirits. I'm looking forward to hearing about your triumphant return to Curves.

Welcome to Kuuipo and Need It is always fun to have new people to share their experiences and cheer for each other as those inches and pounds work their way off!

April, sounds like the hypnotist helped you get right back on track. Also, thanks for the great advice you offered Kari. I think we all need to be reminded at times that even if we fall there is good reason to get back up.

Kari, I'm putting out good car deal vibes for you. Everyone here is right. Even if you do have to quit Curves, you don't have to quit exercising. And you might not have to quit once you realize the money savings of having a newer car. Yes, the payments are there and higher, but maintenance costs are usually a lot lower and for a long time. You might end up spending lots less on gas as well. And if you do have to stop Curving, you don't have to stop writing here. Your progress is really motivating!

Bev, low carb seems to help out a lot with my IBS symptoms. I do have to watch out for drinking enough water and getting in plenty of fiber though. Hope SBD works for you.

Time to get outta here and eat lunch. I've got a yummy smelling veggie soup on the stove. I was experimenting a bit with trying to make it creamy by blending up a whole bunch of cauliflower instead of potatoes, which is of course instead of using half and half or cream. The things we do... I'll let you know how it worked. I hope it does, because this is a really huge pot of soup!

Andria
Old 11-02-2003, 11:51 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies,

SOrry I havent been around for a while. It feels like a really long time. So much going on over here. My dad has been sick an din the hospital, so I havent really been coming online to 3fc. Hopefully now that he is doing better, I'll be able to start posting again. I guess i have just bee so stressed out about him being sick that I just havent been motivated to do anything. I cant even remember the last day I went to curves,. It has probably been around 2 weeks. Im planning on goin gback tomorrow, and Im goign to try to go every day for at least the next 2 weeks. I need to get motivated again.
Cassandra, Im glad to hear that your kitty is doing better.

Welcome Kuuipo and Needtoloss

ok well I just watned to check in and say hello, And let everyone know that I am still among the living.

ok, I need to go get ready for tomorrow. hope everyone is doing well

Mia
Old 11-03-2003, 09:55 AM   #38  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Angry Morning!

It's a Good Morning Ladies!!!! I went to Curves this morning and got measured and weighed-in and it was all good! Especially being that I missed so many days while out with the ankle and ill.
Here are my stats
Not great but GOOD for me

* TOTAL INCHES LOST: -10
* TOTAL POUNDS LOST: -3
* LOST IN BODY FAT POUNDS: -1.24

Good huh? I was so frightened to go this morning because I didn't want to be disappointed... I am so glad you all encouraged me to go! I cannot tell you how happy I feel right now. Now to keep it all up --- I am still in size 18 jeans and so want to get into the 16 and ultimately the 14's. We must continue to encourage one another ~ I know it makes all the difference in the world to me! And I hope to you as well.

to LYNNE (Needtoloss) ~ We always enjoy seeing new faces (so to speak )
Lynne, I too sprained my ankle the second week of October - a Phase 3 sprain! And I went back for the first time today (well actually I tried to go back twice already and it was too soon). I am so glad I went back!!!! I encourage you to go back also... when you stay away too long you have a tendency to stay away period! I am feeling so much better after going back and being so welcomed. "They missed me- they really missed me" ( joke - Sally Fields at awards night - remember ) Even if they had not missed ME - I MISSED them and my workouts! I am so glad I went.

Morning MIA ~ I am so glad to hear that you will be going back to Curves - it will really help you with the stress of your DF being ill --- you, He and your family have my prayers! If you don't mind me asking --- What is wrong with you DF? I hope it isn't too serious

I am so glad you stopped back!! Don't forget to touch base with us again, okay?! We missed you!

Hey there ANDRIA ~ Yes, I agree with you! I really like the Curves book and the program too. It is very similar to the SBD... both good! I am so happy for you!! I am happy for anyone who has success in any area of weight loss --- it is so tough! Have to be so mindful of everything you do till it becomes a part of your life... I have been told that if you stick with a program faithfull for three weeks you can stay with it for life - hope so! Cuz I too am giving it another go. Thank you so much for your encouragement as well! It means so much to me - I cannot begin to tell you!

Hi KUUIPO ~ Such WONDERFUL stats you have !!! I too am so very happy for you! I and the others hope you come back to us and keep us up-to-date on how you are doing.

CASSANDRA ~ How's Squirt doing today??! I hope she has eaten more for you and is getting stronger! It's so hard when you have an injured animal to nurse - takes allot out of you. Come back and fill us in on her and on how you are doing as well... you still going to your Curves???

Hey there BEV ~ Where have you been lately Have you still been going to your Curves??? How's your IBS?? Finding out what causes your flare-ups? Don't forget to take your fiber... it really does help. I was never bothered by eggs, I have them every morning - you might just be allergic to them - many people are and don't know it... but I know that the SBD really helps me and so does the Curves program - they are very much alike. Glad it's helping you too. And yes, taking fiber is great for fat absorbtion, but it has really helped me with my badly scarred intestines to take fiber and not to over-eat at a meal. *TIPS: Eat slower and chew well and stop the moment you feel full. The food will be there later when you get hungry again. I am thinking of you and wish you well. IBS is very painful.

AND then there's KARI ~ You gonna make us all beg??? Well, I am beggin'!!! I would love it if you would come back and let us all know how you are doing and if things worked out for you and your car. I really miss seeing your posts, KARI - please come back and fill us all in...

I'm worried 'bout you!

Well, I really must be going for now.
So very glad to see everyone!!!!
And to have somewhere to share my great news!!!!!
God's Blessings for you all!!

Last edited by SunnyD57; 11-03-2003 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:28 PM   #39  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone, well I just got back from curves and know it is almost time to pick up the kids. We just received the glute machine and you can really feel it. I really had to push myself to go today because I was really tired but hey I went.

well everyone have a good day

bev
Old 11-03-2003, 01:32 PM   #40  

Angry

Hi BEV ~ Us too! That is the machine we just got, the glute machine - love it!
So glad to hear you went to Curves this morning - sometimes we have to push ourselves, I have days lke that too.

You went!!!!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:33 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 270/229/150

Height: 5'7"

SunnyD, thank you

I was just getting ready to leave work in a few minutes to go see my dad. He was admitted to the hospital with Kidney Failure. His kidneys were noly working at 10-15% he seems to be doing better today though. I will know more when I get there.
I will check back later tonight if I can.

Mia
Old 11-03-2003, 04:17 PM   #42  

Angry

MIA ~ How old is your DF? My DFIL had kidney failure and came through it - he was 82 when that happened (he has since passed at 87). I am so sorry... you take care now.

I began a new thread - just in case anyone here is interested in checking it out

Link below...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=34013
Old 11-03-2003, 07:31 PM   #43  

Well am in a major major funk and have been overdosing on carbs which has made me feel sluggish but will start back on curves tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2003, 08:46 PM   #44  

Wink

Hi ROSIEE ~ I'm sorry that you had a crummy day today... you will feel so much better after you go and work off those carbs you ate.

I do the same thing! Don't you wonder why we do that when we feel so good before? I do! I cannot believe I do that to myself!! But at least tomorrow begins a 'new day' and you can make better choices. I too had a higher carb day today then usual and am exhausted right now... feel like I have been drugged - ugg.

We will have a better day tomorrow - you'll see
My thoughts are with you... go to Curves, okay.
(((Hugs)))
Old 11-03-2003, 10:23 PM   #45  

Hi fellow Curvers! I have been going to Curves for 2 weeks, and I am really enjoying it. Actually, I have surprised myself by how much I like it, and the fact that I have not missed once. I have never joined any kind of gym before, and I think that Curves is a good fit for me. I go at 7 a.m., before work.

I have a question. We just got the glute machine too, bringing the total at my center to 10 machines. Now they are telling us to only do the circuit 2 1/2 times. I don't get it. 10 machines plus 10 recovery stations at 30 seconds each = 30 minutes. If you only do the circuit 2 1/2 times, you are only doing some of the machines twice! I still do it 3 times most days, but they even published it in the November newsletter to only go around 2 1/2 times. How many machines do your centers have, and how many times do you do the circuit?

Anyway, exercising regularly is making me feel great - mentally and physically. I am so glad I took that first big step.
Closed Thread