Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-03-2018, 11:47 PM   #1  

Default honesty please!

I hate exercising, I love the dress up part and the getting the music on my phone to work while wrap around my arm, the pretending I exercise part is fantastic but I actually hate getting out of my bed but I see people that enjoys going to the gym or the YMCA and actually sweating. How do you get there? how do I start actually liking it?
any advice?
jeann191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #2  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

Do you hate all forms of movement? Or just structured exercise like at the gym? If you just hate the gym scene, then I'd say- stop trying to force yourself to go to the gym. Try instead: walking your dog, hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, inline skating, dancing, rock climbing, parking further away and walking more, take the stairs, pace while on the telephone, fidget when at your desk. Build movement into your day. My fitbit tells me once an hour to get off my butt and so I go move for 2 minutes which is about what it takes to hit the recommended 250 steps per hour my Fitbit wants out of me. Is that the only exercise I get? No. But every little bit helps.

As far as how to start liking it- combine it with something you do like. For example- I hate hills. Hate them. My friends, on the other hand, just adore hiking up mountains or riding bikes in hilly terrain. I don't adore it. But I do like my friends. So I go, and suffer through the hills, so I can hang with my friends. Find a non-caloric reward you can give yourself either during or after so that you have motivation.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #3  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Start small, pick something you enjoy. It doesn’t have to be anything big or crazy. It can just be for few minutes each day.
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote