Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 265.5/260.2/150

Height: 5'4"

Default All the tools, none of the drive

Hi everyone.

Im in my mid 30s and 100+ pounds overweight. I found a trainer in my area who I could afford and I have a Planet Fitness membership (I've never used) and a home elliptical/treadmill and weights.

I used to have so much motivation to work out in college. I was super fit and healthy. Now I am just so tired all the time and really am feeling hopeless. I know it's a matter of just getting into it and seeing results, feeling the benefits of working out, which gets me over the "hump." But I just cannot get myself to that point. I feel like I need someone to drag my a$$ up and make me do it, but I know myself and I'd probably resent them and stop. Sigh.

It's just pure laziness on my part, and I just wanted to hear what motivated you all to use the tools you had and get into the fitness mindset.
Lemontart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:33 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

At the start, I just had to get out there and do it. But the accelerated weightloss really motivated me. Then the change to my physique.

What I have found most interesting, however, is what I eat has boosted my desire and motivation to exercise. If you eat healthy, you start feeling like you want to exercise and you have more energy. That is what I have found. My diet also helps me recover more quickly from exercise.

I exercise at least twice a day now. Running. Weight training. Boxing. And salsa dancing.

Group stuff is also a motivation. I love boxing and salsa.

But I use running and weights for me time. Like a meditation.

So it's all fun really.

I suppose that is what it comes down to in the end. Enjoying it.

Last edited by IanG; 10-06-2015 at 02:34 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265.5/260.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanG View Post
At the start, I just had to get out there and do it. But the accelerated weightloss really motivated me. Then the change to my physique.

What I have found most interesting, however, is what I eat has boosted my desire and motivation to exercise. If you eat healthy, you start feeling like you want to exercise and you have more energy. That is what I have found. My diet also helps me recover more quickly from exercise.
Thanks, IanG. I know that's true, I remember feeling it before, but I just keep quitting just before I get to that point. I really cannot explain why I keep sabotaging myself like that aside from pure lack of energy or desire to really do anything. I also have this massive rebellious streak where I fight my own self and goals. Anytime I feel a restriction or a commitment to something (like an exercise plan) I get really pissed at that "demand" on my time and back out. UGH.

So much of this is mental.
Lemontart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 11:49 AM   #4  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

I think the best motivation is when the weight starts coming off and you start to see results. But, to get to that point, something else needs to be the motive. This time for me it was going for a hike with friends and being completely, disgusting, out of shape. I enjoy hiking and I could barely keep up without fear of fainting or feeling like my heart was going to explode.

Is there something you enjoy doing that you are being held back from right now because of your weight?

Maybe start working out just a few mins a day. 10 minutes... Maybe that will help you start to feel better and more ready to get going!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:37 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 247/210/160

Height: 5' 10"

I know for me the first week or two was the hardest. Once I got to the third week I was hooked. Just find something you enjoy doing and maybe that will make it easier.

Good luck!
superchick36 is offline   Reply With Quote