3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   New to running (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/30613-new-running.html)

shadesOme 10-04-2003 10:36 AM

AWAL

Hey gang.. sorry its been too long.. I am here, still running although not as much as I was. The weather is getting cold here, not going to let that deter me. I'm getting results like never before. My endurance is improving. Who mentioned being slow? Maybe we could run together I'm slow too. Look at it this way though, at least your out there doing it. There's a commercial on the radio that cracks me up, its like a subconscious voice talking to some guy whos sitting in a chair stuffing his face watching foot ball, anyway the gist of it is.. that hes sitting there watching these men push themselves physically, the irony of it. Its part of a campaign to get people to excercise.. ANYWAY, did I have a point... oh yeah. at least we're doing it!

Rojo- WOW thats a lot of information but its good to see that you have taken the time to diagnose the issues and obviously your working on them. Great job, those exercises are killers.. Any chance you could get some strengthening you need in the pool? just a thought.

welcome Leanne and absmom! great to have you.

You guys are so motivating, doing triathalons and things I have not yet heard of. Guess the world of running is much bigger than I imagined. Whats this about mud??? running, biking, friends mud.. sounds like fun. sign me up. although I am not good on a bike. I like my feet on the ground with the exception of horse back riding..

Lynne, still here motivating I see.. sounds like your doing great.

I have to get rid of this self induced headache so I can put some miles on today.. post later.. Thank you all for your motivation and inspiration.

HatterasMermaid 10-04-2003 08:03 PM

Hey ya'll! Wow! It has been a long while since I've checked in here! The hurricane completely knocked us on our fanny. We were without power for over a week. No school for 8 days. My dh works at NASA and they were even closed for 4 days (with a weekend thrown inbetween them!) It was HORRIBLE! Trees and stuff EVERYWHERE! We were greatly blessed! Our damage was to our boat, camper and shed. NOTHING landed on our house!
Many many many were not that fortunate. We met great people who came from Alabama and Louisiana to work on our power systems! The Alabama men have a special place in my heart as THEY were the ones who "fixed" ours! We made them lemonade with precious icecubes that I waited in line for over an hour for!
They seemed happy for the cold drink!

Anyway..... (enough about the storm...)I've been struggling to regain control of nearly EVERYTHING... the storm and the aftermath certainly MESSED my schedules and BRAIN up!
The latest thing is that I pulled / strained my ligament in my knee while at school. The dr says not to exercise for at least a week. Says not to run for 2. We will see..... But, for now...it hurts and I'm sitting! AND I'm taking pain pills. I never take the pain pills...but... IT HURTS! (The horrid thing is that this injury isn't from anything other than walking and slipping in someone's dripped koolaid....arghhhhh!)

Enough :blah: from me! You guys keep running! I'll catch you at the next stop sign! Take care!

Robyn

LeanneM83 10-16-2003 11:17 PM

HI Everyone!

Well, it has been 10 weeks since I had my son and 8 weeks since I started running again...and MUCH to my surprise I have run up to 7km-wow, I am shocked myself....considering last year b4 I got pregnant I was fit and could only run 5km at most. Who knew that with the extra weight I would be running further than EVER.
I am training for a 10km run for May'04 and I am happy to say I think I will be able to do IT...:strong:
So if I can do it, even when I had an extra 60lbs on, I know ANYONE can do it....and it really is not easy is it?
I LOVE listening to music when I run/workout...I have made myself a workout CD with ANY song that makes me want to dance when I hear it.........Everything from 80's music, dance, rap, oldies....whatever does the trick....
Good Luck to Everyone....I look forward to hearing progress reports from all of you...

Leanne

Start weight 222
Current Weight 178
Goal Weight 150
Real Goal Weight 135-140