Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-17-2015, 06:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Walking and upper body

Another walking related question!

Will walking help reduce upper body weight? Actually, I am sure it will, nevertheless I am often questioning myself 'how much will it help?".

I am aware that different individuals lose weight from various parts of the body differently, but for argument-sake, let us assume someone lost significant amount of weight, then definitely a portion of it must be from upper body, is it not?

Anyone here had noticeable weight loss from upper body after losing weight from a walking program?

I am just asking for reassurance, as I am currently walking for my weight loss!
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/152/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNomore71 View Post

I am aware that different individuals lose weight from various parts of the body differently, but for argument-sake, let us assume someone lost significant amount of weight, then definitely a portion of it must be from upper body, is it not?
This is exactly the case. And when I lose weight, I always lose it it first from my upper arms, then my chest, then my stomach.
Violette_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:08 PM   #3  

Your body decides where to lose it from, as you know we can't make it concentrate on any specific part. Just keep walking and your body will do it's thing!

You can always do some resistance and weight exercises (doesn't have to be anything very strenuous) and start toning your arms. I wish I started toning when I started at my highest. It might have helped my droop!
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/200/169

Height: 5' 10.5"

Any cardio that gets your hr up while following an appropriate diet will result in fat loss. You have no control from where. I tend to lose a bit from all over although definitely my stomach and butt have the biggest difference. as others said weights will help tone. But it is the cardio that will help you lose the fat. (And diet)
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Dear Members,

Thank you all for the replies and the insight. Appreciate it.
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #6  

It is difficult, if not impossible, to target weight loss. Walking is a great way to lose weight though. Make sure to get your heart rate up to maximize its benefits. I am not a fast walker so instead I do short fast burst to keep my rate up.
melanieballantino is offline   Reply With Quote