Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2001, 10:47 AM   #16  

Hi, Sherrie, Good job on more weight loss! Sounds like the new you is ready to pop out soon! Sounds like your goal is just around a few more corners. Thanks for the tips. I have a picture in a frame of when I was at a good weight already. I also post Bible words around the house to give me encouragement. Sometimes I go to the Richard Simmons website for his quote of the day, or this site.(I forget what quotes are under in this one) Yesterday was tougher, and I didn't do as well. But today is a new day and yesterday wasn't out of control like I used to be. And so I keep going! Have a lovely weekend and keep up the good work! Debbie
Old 03-25-2001, 06:58 PM   #17  

Default New Member

Hello everyone,

I have lost 50lbs from watching what I eat but mostly from exercise. Unfortunately, my life has become so hectic I put exercise on the back burner.

It started with 2 weddings back to back. I was the maid of honor for both. It was my sister's and best friend's wedding. My other stresser this year is my work. I am a teacher in the South Bronx and it has been such a stressfull year. If that wasn't enough I have become engaged. My fiance is Swedish and we made the decision for me to move there. However this is a long process. I need to obtain a residence permit which thank God I am at the end of...so soon i will get it and I can be with my fiance. I will leave this coming June.

I used to walk on the treadmil at about 3.5mp/hr..for 60 minutes about 5-6 times a week. I am down to doing no exercise whatsoever. So I could really use your support. I went from 240lbs>190lbs..and would like to get down to 135lbs. My reasoning for the first 50lbs was these weddings..and it was motivation enough..now mine is coming (we are eloping..no big wedding thing) but I need more motivation. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Thanks,
Old 03-26-2001, 12:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi Debbie and Danielle...

Danielle,
You are doing great on your weightloss! Keep up the great work. I think having your own wedding is a great incentive to lose all your weight. Keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Debbie,
Well, I have to confess that I took the weekend off of diet and exercising. I am feeling kinda guilty but I guess I shouldnt. I havent been bad in almost 2 mths. On fri. I went out with 2 cousins. I borrowed a sweater from my sis cause I was at her house for my nieces bday. I was feeling very good about myself. The sweater was a short one and I had a pair of size 7 jeans on. They were all saying I was looking skinny. It was so strange cause I have NEVER in my life been called skinny! Well, tommorow is the start of the week and I am back to my eating right and exercising... I will reach my goal.

I will write ya tommorow. Take care and be good...your friend, Sherrie
Old 03-27-2001, 10:20 AM   #19  
Mom on the Move!!

Default May I jump in here? :0)

Hi Sherrie, Debbie & Danielle,
I was reading the conversations between Sherrie & Debbie and wanted to reply but never saw anyone else reply so thought maybe it was *kinda* a private conversation, but since I saw Danielle jump in I WILL TOO :0) I've already talked to Sherrie on another board, but I'll give a short intro here for Debie & Danielle.
My name is Cristy friends call me Cris, I'm 24, fulltime work at home mom of 3 - ages 5, 3, & 1 (about to be 6, 4, & 2 *sniff sniff*) I started this weighing 219lbs, and in the past 2 weeks I've gotten down to 213lbs YIPPEEE GO ME!! :0) I've also lost a total of 4 1/2 inches all over my body which makes me happy :0) I've just changed my exercise routine, I was walking the treadmill 30 minutes, or atleast a mile if it was a bad day monday through friday, but I've just added Saturday into that routine, and nightly exercises as well, alternating from free weights, crunches, yoga & tae bo on Mon- Friday

My kid's aren't that great when I'm on the treadmill. I get up at 7 (use to be 5:30 but now that I don't have one of my daycare kid's I refuse to get up that early when I have daycare kid's sometimes till midnight) which use to be an hour before they got up so it left me 30 minutes to walk & 30 minutes to shower and get dressed before they'd get up. Well now they wake up the minute they hear me going downstairs. I've tried to leave them up in their bedroom, but either Dylan (5) opens their bedroom door's for them and let's them out or I feel bad for letting them cry lol and get off and go and get them. I turn on the tv to disney which they love, give them ton's of toys to play with, but they are always making me yell at them for fighting or get off and break a fight up and things like that. I dunno why they do this...They don't do it when I'm sitting here on the computer or when I'm doing laundry or anything, just seems like when I'm on my treadmill and trying to get my exercise done.

Anyhow this has gotten long so I'm gonna go now, I'm new to the board's and still trying to figure out how they work so if I make any mistakes please just popp me on the head and tell me how to do it :0)~ Hope to get to know you guys sooner.
Cris
Old 03-27-2001, 02:02 PM   #20  

Welcome Cris and Danielle, It's good to have you gals here with us for encouragement and support! This weight loss journey is a tough road, and it is so good to have company! Danielle- getting married! I know that you want to look your best for THE DAY! I'm glad you've come here for some extra support. Remember your husband-to-be is marrying you because of what's inside, not outside. That is the neat thing about my hubby. He has never complained about my weight. I want to be thinner and healthier to be with him as long as I can! I think that knowing he loves you now even though you want to lose weight is sooo good! I have an idea.....for motivation, we could list our exercise times for the day-maybe something sillly like sweat drops or something? Like yesterday, I did 40 min. on the treadmill-40 sweatdrops for me. Sherrie- Congratulations on the size 7s ..great job! I think you should have a new sign-in name-skinnysherrie66. Sounds pretty good, I think. Weigh in, I'm down a pound. After the fight I've had this week with sweets craving, I'm sssooo glad I didn't gain! Cris- 3 children and daycare in your home. I can't imagine getting in exercise. You will have to be really creative-how about getting your kids an exercise video and letting them exercise while you're on the treadmill? Doesn't Elmo have one? I mean, they couldn't fight if they were exercising...my kids always argued when I was on the phone-usually long distance to a friend. It was so frustrating. They were happy all the rest of the time...just when I was on the phone.And since I was a stay-at-home mom that communication was essential! Have a lovely day, everyone!
Old 03-27-2001, 04:05 PM   #21  
Mom on the Move!!

Cris- 3 children and daycare in your home. I can't imagine getting in exercise. You will have to be really creative-how about getting your kids an exercise video and letting them exercise while you're on the treadmill? Doesn't Elmo have one? I mean, they couldn't fight if they were exercising...my kids always argued when I was on the phone-usually long distance to a friend. It was so frustrating
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
WOW, that is a great idea I didn't think of that!! (heading to ebay now to see if I can find one!) They love doing my yoga infact they 'beg" me to watch it lol and they all love doing it, I never thought of getting elmo-size for them while I'm on the treadmill wow thanks for the wonderful idea!!
Cris
Old 03-27-2001, 04:18 PM   #22  

Default Hi Debbie and Cris...

Debbie,
I think skinnysherrie66 sounds great! LOL I think I will get to my goal of 110 first and then just maybe I will believe it...isnt it funny how YOU can look at yourself and see no weightloss but when people start to notice then it is so good for the ego I still look down even now at my belly and see fat.

Cris,
I have 3 kids too but one is in 3rd grade so he is in school and even when he is home he doesnt bug me. But I also have a 3 and a 1yr. old. They are very good when I am on the treadmill. I guess I conditioned them..LOL My 1yr. old sits on the bed and plays with toys and both of them watch nicklodeon on tv. Thank goodness for that channel

I better go for now. The kids are calling...I will write more later. Bye, Sherrie
Old 03-27-2001, 08:17 PM   #23  

Angry

Good evening everyone! Cris, I'm glad you liked the idea. I hope it works. Don't you just love eBay for those wonderful bargains! I have purchased sooo many exercise videos from folks there . I decided it was an investment in my health. And I use almost all of them. I get bored easily , so the change is good for me. Let me know if it works. Do you have a library nearby? Sometimes they have kids videos-maybe they would have that one. Then you could try before you buy! SkinnySherrie, Sometimes after losing weight it is hard for women to see that it is gone. The other time I lost, I remember catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror and FINALLY realizing that was me! It was like a revelation... you dream of it, then you can't believe it's real. Maybe because you've been wishing for it so long... But, young lady a size 7 says it's real! Enjoy how you look now and LOOK at how far you've come! Debbie

Last edited by needssupport; 03-27-2001 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:21 PM   #24  

P.S. How do you get these messages to stay in paragraphs the way you put them? Mine always end up in one big long paragraph. Help Debbie
Old 03-27-2001, 11:30 PM   #25  

Default Hi Debbie...

Thank-you so much for the inspiration! I needed it. It seems more real when you tell someone that has their own weightloss struggles. I havent reached my goal yet but I will ! You are such a great buddy. I am very happy I found you. I am also looking foward to congratulating you in your weightloss success too.

If you skip a line then your paragraphs should stay separate. Try it and let me know if you still have problems. I had that problem myself too.

Take care and I will see ya tommorow...Hugs, Sherrie
Old 03-28-2001, 11:18 AM   #26  
Mom on the Move!!

Default Getting tired of me yet?? lol

Hey Sherrie & Debbie,
wow our kid's are pretty close to the same age. I don't usually have my 5 yr old here but it's spring break so I'm "stuck" with him here too lol he's usually really good and helps out alot it's the 3 & 1 yr old that seem to wanna fight, which is really wierd because they usually get along great, I think it's that whole mom can't watch us as close and do anything about it thing!! lol I never thought about going to the library I live about 2 minutes from the library here on base so maybe we'll do that this afternoon after nap time :0) Mine got tired of Nick, so now they wanna watch toon disney all the time which is fine they have good show's to I can do with just about anything but Barney and Teletubbies lol

p.s. Danielle are you still with us? :0)
Cris
219/213/150
Old 03-29-2001, 12:37 AM   #27  

Default Tired of you? Never:)

I enjoy getting emails from y'all. (can you tell I am from the south? LOL
Maybe you ought to start watching Barney! My 1yr. old will sit and watch the whole movie which is about 1 hr. long. and he cracks up when he sees Teletubbies. I think he likes the baby in the sun. He even sings..."I love you, you love me..."
Has anyone weighed in this week? I am the same...

Take care and I will see you tommorow...
Sherrie 170/128/110.
Old 03-29-2001, 12:11 PM   #28  
Mom on the Move!!

Default Hey Sherrie :0)

Actually we watch Barney and Teletubbies because my Niece loves Barney and I don't mind them watching Barney because they learn stuff, but on Teletubbies they don't talk so I don't (in my opinion) think that the kid's learn enough from them...but they are cute lol

I also wanted to post and let you gal's know that I am going out of Town on Monday so I won't be around much till after the 9th (when I get back) I'm going "back home" to NC for my bestfriend's wedding. We're gonna go to the beach, ride mom's horses and party :0) lol I can't wait. I'm gonna try not to drink too much though because I don't wanna gain back the 6lbs I lost lol I'll still be doing my daily walks, mom has a treadmill but I may just walk on her ranch, it's sooo pretty and I can't take advantage of that right now here in CO sooooo lol :0)

Anyhow, I weigh in daily to record it on my food journal, I'm still the same but atleast I didn't gain :0) Talk to you soon!!
Cris
219/213/150
Old 03-29-2001, 04:19 PM   #29  

Skinnysherry, yes, I did weigh in. I was down 1#. This is gonna be quick, I have a stomach thing and I'm not pushin' it. I still can't get my stuff to stay in paragraphs. Glad you're doing well!! We'll miss you, Cris. Where are you, Danielle? Oh, I need to go.... Debbie
Old 03-30-2001, 12:17 AM   #30  

Default Hi Buddies...

Debbie,
You are sooo silly! (my name thing) I guess if you are gonna call me that then I better continue to be good. I cant wait till I reach my goal. It sure will have been a long time in coming but the struggle will DEFINATELY be worth it. I sure hope you are feeling better. Also, congrats on your 1 lb. too. Remember, in terms of butter...1 lb. is alot!!! Lets continue to be LOSERS 2gether

Cris,
I hope you have a great little Vacation. We will miss you. Be good to yourself What part of N.C. does your mom live in? Sounds like a very nice place. Are you taking the little ones too? Anyways...have fun

Danielle,
Where R U??? We miss ya...

Take care and big hugs to all... Sherrie
Closed Thread