3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   2014 - C25K - We're all runners! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/293291-2014-c25k-were-all-runners.html)

blondemommy 08-30-2014 09:52 AM

I am on week 5 with the C25k app and I have noticed that my appetite is going crazy! Has anyone else experienced that? I use My Fitness Pal to log my daily intake and I am staying under calories for the day, but I find myself really hungry sometimes. I should add that after I finish the C25k workout, I usually run/walk an additional 30 minutes.

aryastark 09-01-2014 11:16 AM

I'm starting back with this again, I really haven't been doing much running at all over the summer and I can feel how bad my fitness has gone. I'm going to start back on Week 1 tonight and if that goes well go straight into Week 2 and just take it session by session.

LaurieDawn 09-01-2014 08:03 PM

I decided to go off-app today and just try to do 2 miles or 25 minutes (4.2 mph pace). I ended up running 2.1 miles, though it took 30 minutes to do it. I then decided that I would go an additional mile to simulate an actual 5K. I walked most of that, though I did add an additional 3 minutes of running at 4.8. At the end, my feet hurt a bit, but my knee is feeling fine, thanks to my new shoes.

Blondemommy - I have not had an increased appetite. In fact, running seems to depress my appetite. Not sure why. I often do the C25K during the afternoon (a late lunch), followed by a 3-4 mile walk (with a bit of running added) in the evening. But I hear it's fairly typical to have an increase in appetite.

aryastark 09-03-2014 06:12 AM

Did my day 1 of week 1...ouch i am really unfit :mad: i am pretty stiff from a cardio session I did yesterday so it was hard going, I am a bit disappointed though, I thought I would breeze through it.

TrayTeam 09-03-2014 03:01 PM

I have not been able to get a run in! Gah. BF (/roommate) got laid off last week so we are trying to get things sorted out.

But jogging is a cheap way to get a workout in, so I hope to return to the program soon.

kelijpa 09-03-2014 06:59 PM

Hanging in, got in week 3, couple days in between to start week 4.

Best of luck TrayTeam!

Great job LautieDawn!

Good job starting up aryastark!

:sunny:

kelijpa 09-06-2014 04:11 PM

Got in week 4 day 1 yay! Didn't think I was going to make it, but I did!

Aunty Jam 09-10-2014 11:40 AM

I've done the entire program once before but I've slacked off for the past year or so :( Bad me!!! So I'm starting again, did W1D1 already, doing W1D2 tonight... I sure hope it warms up outside before tonight! LoL

lorib64 09-15-2014 10:32 AM

How do you keep track of the time or distance?

cantgetenoughchoc 09-20-2014 05:50 PM

Hi! I'm ashamed of how often I've started and stopped the c25k. :(

But i'm back, and I'm on week 2 and enjoying it more this time! And as I have a very enthusiastic flatmate joining me I am confident that I will keep it up! :D

twish 09-20-2014 06:11 PM

Hi!

I am wondering if anyone at a higher weight (I'm 268) has completed C25k. I'm wondering if it's too ambitious for me to think of starting at my weight.

Any advice welcome!

Slim CB 09-24-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cantgetenoughchoc (Post 5072653)
Hi! I'm ashamed of how often I've started and stopped the c25k. :(

But i'm back, and I'm on week 2 and enjoying it more this time! And as I have a very enthusiastic flatmate joining me I am confident that I will keep it up! :D

I can say the same!

Hi all. I would like to join this thread. I have not been on this forum in a while. I restarted C25K and am currently on Week 2.

cantgetenoughchoc 09-24-2014 06:38 PM

Hey Slim! We'll pull through it this time.

Just did week 2 day 2... I'm a medical student so I have to move around a bit. I'm staying in hospital accommodation at the minute so I didn't really know where I was going to run. Turns out it's pretty hilly around here, not like my usual incredibly flat route. I knew I had started off running downhill, but I thought I'd found a pretty flat road to run on by the time I got to my 3rd run. I waited until my 6th run to turn around because I wanted to avoid the hill going back, and that's when I realised that the "flat" bit was actually a bit of an, albeit slight, incline! And I also felt guilty that most of my run had been downhill so I proceeded to do 3 runs back up! I can really feel it in my legs this time, but I'm glad I did it. :) And it was my first run on my own so I'm doubly proud today too!

Phae 09-25-2014 09:24 PM

I just recently started C25K. I'm on Week 1. I did it Monday and Tuesday, and plan to do it tomorrow, however, this time I'll stretch well before and after because yesterday I was in absolute agony. Trying to climb stairs was impossible. I hope it gets easier!

thechemistmommy 09-26-2014 10:59 AM

Did W1D1 yesterday. Was harder than I thought and I got a bit discouraged at how out of shape I am, but the next day when I climbed our stairs I noticed less than the usual pain in my legs. Excited for W1D2 tonight!