Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Getting back on the exersize wagon...

I have pretty seriously neglected my exercise lately and have gained a few pounds. So...I have gotten at least 30 minutes, sometimes over an hour of exercise, for 9 out of the last 11 days. One of the days I missed, I spent at the doctor with my DH. The other day I got some exercise, but not 30 minutes.

I have been walking/hiking and doing my CDC strength training for seniors exercises.

I had to quit looking for perfection and get out there. Forget exactly how many steps or miles, or how tired I am, or how it is 90* before the sun comes up, or how tired the dog is. Actually the dogs are never too tired to go on a walk.

Just do it. [/] Pep talk to myself.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #2  

It's not the amount of times you exercise in a week--it's the consistency that matters. If you're tired take a break--(9 days out of 11) would make anyone tired which often leads to total burn-out on any exercise program. Start out exercising 3 to 4 times a week then when you feel like it move it up to 5 days.

Remember exercise isn't a sprint it's a marathon--that lasts a lifetime.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I think I will take today off. The strength building exercises are deceptively simple, but I am more tired and sore after them than I am after walking for an hour.

Kscott, you hit the nail on the head with the sprint vs marathon analogy. I am much more of a sprinter than a marathoner in life, too.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote